Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 881005 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #300 on: October 07, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »
Periwinkle and Banana had a successful trip to France.  Banana spent most of her time with her nose buried in Nectar Making books.  She also practiced her speech for Charisma and transformed metals, which eventually led to an increase of $400,000 to the family funds.

Periwinkle sculpted enough to reach level 10 in her sculpting profession when she returned home and sold all of the sculptures at the Consignment Shop.  She's 7 days from Elderhood and only needs to finish her best friends requirement.

Chartreuse has achieved her Master of the Arts Lifetime Wish with level 10 Guitar and Painting.  I started feeling bad for her because her life seemed lonely and sad.  Indigo at least had her career to work on and make her happy.  Chartreuse spends a lot of time wandering through the house looking at paintings and gems.  I decided she should have a Mid-Life Crisis and changed two of her traits.  Now she's Insane, Excitable, Inappropriate, Dramatic, and a Party Animal.  She took a job in the music industry and hopes to make it to Rock Star before she dies.  Something got wacky with her age, too.  She's 7 days behind Periwinkle and Oliver.  No idea how that happened, but I'm going to age her up on the same day that Periwinkle ages.

See her new tattoo?

Banana reached level 10 in Nectar Making from reading the skill books.  When she got back home, she was able to start making nectar right away in her new basement set up.

Banana's SuperMax skill will be a little tricky.  The Vizard of Vine skill journal challenge calls for her to use 400 bunches of homegrown grapes in making nectar.  My plan had been for Carina to grow all of Banana's nectar fruit.  From what I've read on the Forum, a Sim just has to harvest the vine for it to count as homegrown.  So, Carina will plant and tend the fines, and Banana will harvest them.  She'll have to complete the challenge before she reaches level 10 in Gardening so that she doesn't disqualify Carina's gardening SuperMax.  I've got the gates to the Crop Circles locked so that Banana can't get to any other plants when she's harvesting.  I'll also lock Carina out of the vinyard when she's harvesting so that she doesn't take any of Banana's grapes.  I didn't think this through well enough and it may end up being the end of my Dynasty if I can't get it to work out precisely the way I plan.  

I also upgraded Summer Hill Springs (again) and my game crashed when I finished (again).  Lucky me!  I get to upgrade Summer Hill Springs three times!  I did get some pictures of it to share before the game crashed.  Of course, I'll do it exactly this same way on my third attempt.

Here we have the small family cemetary in one corner.

This is the picnic and Gnubb playing area.

Trampoline and juice bar under a tree.

The playground.

The little island where pirates apparently landed long ago.  It wasn't very well planned for a takeover of the town.

The facilities building.

And lastly, fire pits circling a rock and flower garden.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go recreate this lovely park.  Again.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #301 on: October 07, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »
That's beautiful Pam! Sorry your game is being retarded!  :o ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2010, 01:02:51 AM »
Update:  After chatting with Metro, I found that the Vizard of Vine challenge won't be tricky after all.  First of all, he said that he thinks the challenge is bugged.  Secondly, homegrown is homegrown, no matter who harvests it.  Thirdly, gardening and nectar making are completely separate skills.  So, Carina will grow all the grapes and give them to Banana to make into nectar.  She will easily use 400 grapes while SuperMaxing this skill.  I'll keep track of it with paper and pen.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2010, 02:12:27 AM »
Update:  After chatting with Metro, I found that the Vizard of Vine challenge won't be tricky after all.  First of all, he said that he thinks the challenge is bugged.  Secondly, homegrown is homegrown, no matter who harvests it.  Thirdly, gardening and nectar making are completely separate skills.  So, Carina will grow all the grapes and give them to Banana to make into nectar.  She will easily use 400 grapes while SuperMaxing this skill.  I'll keep track of it with paper and pen.
That's so cool Pam!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2010, 04:11:34 AM »
I thought the rules said no tattos or makeovers? But I love it! :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: October 08, 2010, 04:16:05 AM »
I thought that only counted for Immortals? Chartreuse is a Mortal sim, I think....
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2010, 05:18:22 AM »
The tattoo would explain why her age is different. I thought the ban on them was for everyone too.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: October 08, 2010, 05:57:48 AM »
Oh no!!!!  I think y'all are right.  I just bombed my dynasty with that tattoo.  I completely forgot.  Somebody shoot me, please.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #308 on: October 08, 2010, 05:58:38 AM »
Oh Noes!  :o
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline JeffGuy

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Look! A Pigeon Pie!" - The Pure Randomness
« Reply #309 on: October 08, 2010, 06:01:40 AM »
Oh no!!!!  I think y'all are right.  I just bombed my dynasty with that tattoo.  I completely forgot.  Somebody shoot me, please.

Squad! Take aim. 
And, fire!
BOOM!
The Smoke Clears, and there is nothing there, except the smouldering remains of a strange device

Soldier! Check the wreckage.

Yes sir.

Runs forward, comes back

Sir! It looks like a time-machine!
Yes, folks, Pam had made a dramatic exit through the Space Time Continuum.

"There's a lot of things I don't understand...but that's what makes life special" - GMM

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #310 on: October 08, 2010, 06:14:16 AM »
I can't believe I did something so supremely stupid.  I had noticed that Chartreuse was suddenly a week younger than Periwinkle, but didn't put it together at all until y'all said something just now.  I thought it was just some kind of age bug and was just going to age Chartreuse up on the same day Periwinkle aged up since they're twins and all.  She had a wish to visit the Day Spa and when I clicked on it I saw the option for a tattoo.  So, sure enough, I clicked it.  It didn't even grant her wish, either!  Even worse, I helped write the rules!  Gah!  How many times have I read over them?  Over and over.  What a stupid thing to do!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: October 08, 2010, 06:19:30 AM »
I thought that only counted for Immortals? Chartreuse is a Mortal sim, I think....

Chartreuse is mortal, yes.  But the rules don't specifically say that tattoos are banned only for immortals.  Mortals can't extend their lives at all.  My only chance to squeak out of this is if Metro lets me go ahead and age Chartreuse up with Periwinkle because they're twins, which would cancel out the extra week she got.  But if he says no, I'll accept it.  No special favors just because I'm the Forum Manager.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #312 on: October 08, 2010, 06:53:22 AM »
I talked to Pam quite a lot this morning on her issue and I'm allowing her to age up the twins together. It was a simple mistake. Pam simply forgot about the tattoo effect, so no big deal. There's no way I could see letting this Dynasty come to an end over a stupid tattoo. C'mon. I mean rules are rules, but in this case the solution results with the tattoo essentially never having the life extending impact at all if the twins age up together.

Offline JeffGuy

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Look! A Pigeon Pie!" - The Pure Randomness
« Reply #313 on: October 08, 2010, 07:22:27 AM »
I talked to Pam quite a lot this morning on her issue and I'm allowing her to age up the twins together. It was a simple mistake. Pam simply forgot about the tattoo effect, so no big deal. There's no way I could see letting this Dynasty come to an end over a stupid tattoo. C'mon. I mean rules are rules, but in this case the solution results with the tattoo essentially never having the life extending impact at all if the twins age up together.

Agreed.
"There's a lot of things I don't understand...but that's what makes life special" - GMM

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2010, 08:18:02 AM »
We are human and we can all make mistakes. So long as Chartreuse ages up with her twin its all back to normal.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything