Author Topic: Ghost Hunter Bingo II: Let the Spirit Move You  (Read 39253 times)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
Re: Ghost Hunter Bingo II: Let the Spirit Move You
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 10:04:43 AM »
But we need to have two say ancient kind: one to count for the across bingo and the other to count for the row, right? Filling one bingo card whole doesn't mean we did all the bingos, we would need to fill up two…
ˇPura vida!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 10:10:06 AM »
Any one entry counts for both the across and down bingo. Let's say you completely fill in your first card. All the downs would count and all the across, totaling 55 points for that card.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »
Krae is correct.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 10:28:05 AM »
I just finished a practice run and I think this is my favorite challenge yet - I like this one even better than the painting one. I'm so excited for April, lol!

I'm definitely going to keep playing this Sim after the 2 weeks are up.
- Jessica

Offline Sayaka

• Waffle Burner
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 09:40:51 PM »
Didn't the ghost hunter career become bugged with one of the later patches? I'm not sure, since I haven't played this career since I first got Ambitions, but I do remember reading something somewhere about some jobs not being able to be completed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 09:52:17 PM »
It was bugged a while ago, when players can't complete one of the job (scanning for ghost).  However I think one of the patches fixed it?  I tried several test runs and it seems fine besides the uniform bug.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Offline Sayaka

• Waffle Burner
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2014, 10:18:29 PM »
@Nutella: Thanks for the info. I'm going to test it out myself and see what happens.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 10:51:20 PM »
On my test run I had problems with one rabbithole and one angry ghost job not completing. I saved and quit and had no problems when I went back to the game. I didn't get paid for those 2 jobs, but it could have been worse.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 11:19:25 PM »
I did 2 practice runs and never had that issue
- Jessica

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 02:33:09 AM »
I've done three practice runs, simply because I love this challenge!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 09:48:37 AM »
This one really is a lot of fun. Thanks challenge team. If not for free HBO on demand this week (catching up on Game of Thrones), I'd probably finish on April 1!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 03:37:04 AM »
Earlier on in the post someone asked,  "Are service rewards used upon receipt, or can they be used later?" What does it mean by "using awards"? Aren't they just decorations that aren't worth anything? Sorry but I'm a bit confused by this!  ???

Ohh... *face palm* sorry, I just reread the rules and realize now that rewards are a free bingo mark.  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 03:42:10 AM »
If you get a service reward you are permitted to cross a square off your bingo card.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 07:46:59 PM »
The following rules have been updated:

• All revenue is limited to Ghost Hunter related activity — career jobs, Ghost Hunter career opportunities and/or spirit sales. This is an extremely important rule. If you make money any other way — even if it’s an accident, then you are DNF. Don’t make a mistake—for example, do not sell the camera in inventory or the University starter kit. And do not sell any furniture from personal or family inventory. Pay attention to where all household funds comes from. Save your file regularly and in the rare event the game tosses you some free money out of the blue, save your file under a new name, stop playing your file and PM the team with details.
  • If your Sim is struck with the no uniform bug (your Sim appears naked or won't change into the GH uniform and is wearing the same thing they were wearing before starting the "job") here is a simple fix: have your Sim go to the wardrobe and click "Plan Outfit." Click on the career tab, pick a career outfit, and then exit the wardrobe. This bug can also cause you to not complete jobs and opportunities correctly and may cause your game to crash if it is not corrected.

And the following has been added:

• Because of the bugs associated with the Ghost Hunter profession it is wise to save often and use different file names just in case you get a .bad file — i.e. Town Name GH 1a, Town Name GH 1b, etc.

And to make the the Service Rewards a little more clear, we added "blue font" to the word.

***Each Ghost Hunter Service Award you receive counts as one free X on any bingo card.***

Offline Tigerbalm

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 05:51:04 AM »
Hello,

I did a practice run and had the following problem:
I played 3 ingame days and then saved my game. When I loaded my savegame later (it was not a .bad file), my sim was invisible. Only the plumbot was visible and when performing actions the used objects were also visible (e.g. food).  Since it was only a practice run and only 3 days in, I just started a new game.
But what should I do if this happens in the real run?