Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 432599 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1320 on: January 21, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »
Reminding me how when he thought his sims were going to die.... back in Sims and Sims 2 this happened much more frequently, he would yell for me to go onto the computer and rescue his sims....lol.   

This sounds exactly like me and my sister. It was her that introduced me to Sims and she played Sims 1 and 2 and a little bit of 3 but that's my thing really. Anyway, my Sims would always end up really hungry because they couldn't afford a fridge and I remember actually phoning my sister, crying my eyes out, because my Sims were going to die if she didn't tell me the money cheat (I was only small and couldn't spell 'motherlode'). She also assisted me with the fires. I had a LOT of fires!  ;D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1321 on: January 21, 2014, 02:09:07 PM »
...When you're sitting in Spanish and you're learning how to say drinks. You have to say whether they are Frio (Cold) or Caliente (Hot) and you can't help picture the sims when you say their names.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1322 on: January 21, 2014, 06:06:21 PM »
Three years of taking Spanish still hasn't gotten me used to "frio" meaning "cold." It's still a townie household to me!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1323 on: January 21, 2014, 06:40:50 PM »
When you are singing in a group and there is an 'Alto' part and you immediately think of the Altos.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #1324 on: January 21, 2014, 06:48:02 PM »
When you will no longer be able to say 'Frio' in spanish class without thinking of the Frios. And now 'Altos' and 'Alto' will remind me of the Altos, and 'Caliente' . . . . Wait a minute! I practice my spanish in sims!  ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #1325 on: January 21, 2014, 06:51:38 PM »
When you tell your cats to stop reacting neutrally/negatively to things around the house...

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #1326 on: January 21, 2014, 06:59:50 PM »
When your 18mo gets up to your desk, uses the mouse to start a Sims program (it was CAP but I gotta give her credit for getting a plumbob icon), and says 'dere go Mummy' and pats your desk chair.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1327 on: January 21, 2014, 07:17:23 PM »
When your 18mo gets up to your desk, uses the mouse to start a Sims program (it was CAP but I gotta give her credit for getting a plumbob icon), and says 'dere go Mummy' and pats your desk chair.
I think that's more of a signal that you're doing a fine job of raising an intellectual, caring, and well-mannered child  :=)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1328 on: January 21, 2014, 07:33:35 PM »
I think that's more of a signal that you're doing a fine job of raising an intellectual, caring, and well-mannered child  :=)

Not to mention a child with an impeccable taste for gaming.  :P

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1329 on: January 22, 2014, 07:32:38 AM »
When my sister visits our home carrying her toddler daughter and I called my niece 'Susu Nooboo'. My sister was amazed and asked which language was that. I told her it is a different country language.
And when I say 'Susul' instead of Goodmorning and 'Dekdek' instead of Goodbye to my friends. :)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #1330 on: January 27, 2014, 01:20:25 AM »
It is really interesting to see how after sharing my story about my son and reading responses to that as well as Annika's posting that the Sims is starting to go across generational lines. Truly a cultural icon... lol.   Seriously, I do love the sims. Also, even though not necessarily in response to this same thing have to say how greatly appreciated Carl and other people in this forum are. I had honestly nearly stopped playing Sims after nearly 15 years until I found Metro's challenges. Anyone that has not tried the challenges on this forum need to. Metro and others just do a fantastic job of keeping the sims interesting even after you feel like you've "done it all". They are sure to find ways to challenge and grow your play.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1331 on: February 07, 2014, 07:10:23 PM »
When you get a new phone and the very first app you download is Sims Freeplay. :P

Offline HelenMoriarty

• Grimmy's Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1332 on: February 08, 2014, 03:07:52 PM »
This topic is SO much fun to read :D Glad to know I'm not alone...
Granted, the game can be very addictive at times, and some parts can be very intrusive to your everyday routine, such as walking through town and stopping before every other house to take a photo because you want to have a go at building it in-game. Still, this has helped me to move away from simple box-style design.
A bit more annoying, but still funny, is when I talk to someone and see the little blue plus-signs floating, or catch myself checking out the other person's facial features and pondering their traits. I tend to lose track of the actual conversation, too. :-[
Twice so far, I've prepared for my day job (teaching) by "Practicing speech" in front of a mirror... in Simlish ::) probably looks silly, but helped me focus a great deal.
So yeah... combined with a new sense of appreciation of my surroundings, this game has sneakily taught me to become more organised, and freed my cluttered mind ;) I'd only say you've played too much Sims when it's dark outside suddenly and you have no idea how it happened :P
Shameless advertisement!

Grimmy's Girl (Helen's story, in progress)

Emily escapes (A homeless teenage witch, in progress)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1333 on: February 08, 2014, 05:27:50 PM »
When you decide on Saturday morning 'I really need to do the mowing today' before going to play the sims and then you discover it is 8pm or so at night, and you haven't done the mowing, but think 'oh well, tomorrow's Sunday, I'll do the mowing then!' :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1334 on: February 08, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »
When you decide on Saturday morning 'I really need to do the mowing today' before going to play the sims and then you discover it is 8pm or so at night, and you haven't done the mowing, but think 'oh well, tomorrow's Sunday, I'll do the mowing then!' :)

lol  and it's not raining yet so hop to it.   ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler