Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 434016 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1125 on: April 28, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
OH MY Gosh! It finally happened to me too. I saw someone who looked vaguely familiar, and realized he looked like a sim. Unfortunately for him he looked like a young adult Arlo Bunch. I had to pretend I was smirking at something cute my baby did!!
Poor guy!! LOL

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1126 on: April 28, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »
Definitely played too much Sims when ... I had this dream that I had to do a safety induction on a building site and I was driving to the site.  The roads became different and I realised I was driving along Redwood Parkway when I drove past Agnes's house.  I said to myself I need to turn right at the T intersection at the hospital and then left at the Spa to get back to the highway.  I tried to call the Principal Contractor to say I would be delayed and found I couldn't click on my smart phone because I couldn't find the tab with the backpack symbol!  I woke up agitated that I'd messed up an important appointment only to realise that I don't actually have a job anymore!   That's what have I been doing since I was made redundant.  Simming just about every day!  ::)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1127 on: April 28, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
When you automatically type 'sims 3' into the search field before what you are looking for. In my case, knitting.

Offline Jessywoo

• Nooboo
  • Motherlode..... *sigh*
« Reply #1128 on: May 01, 2013, 01:44:11 PM »
...when you feel genuinely saddened after reading a Sims newspaper pop-up saying Christopher Steel has been electrocuted to death on Week 1, Day 3 of a new game.  :'(

I get attached, I can't help it.
'Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin,' thought Alice, 'but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!'

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
« Reply #1129 on: May 01, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
...when you feel genuinely saddened after reading a Sims newspaper pop-up saying Christopher Steel has been electrocuted to death on Week 1, Day 3 of a new game.  :'(

I get attached, I can't help it.

I felt the same when Ayden Van Gould of Moonlight Falls died in the same manner on Week 1, Day 2 :'(
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #1130 on: May 02, 2013, 10:41:50 PM »
When you see on your sim's relationship panel that Agnes just aged into an elder, and you drop everything to merge her into your house just to give her a fountain of youth elixir.  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1131 on: May 03, 2013, 12:03:55 AM »
When you see on your sim's relationship panel that Agnes just aged into an elder, and you drop everything to merge her into your house just to give her a fountain of youth elixir.  ;D

You can throw it at her without her being in the house.  I has Malcolm do it to Gunther in my life states dynasty especially since he was the only living Goth/Crumplebottom.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #1132 on: May 03, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
....when you're in Social Studies, quietly taking notes off the computers like everyone else, and the girl is listenting to music. So loud you can hear it, and you think it's simlish. And then, you think you hear your sim's phone rining, and almost click the screen to answer it  ::)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1133 on: May 03, 2013, 04:47:45 PM »
When you're staring at the space over your head imagining there's a plumbob there and your maths teacher asks you what you're staring at and you are SO close to saying "Oh, sorry, Sir, I was just imagining that I was a Sim!"
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #1134 on: May 03, 2013, 05:06:24 PM »
When going places or watching TV I find myself looking at the designs on walls, floors, furniture or outfits and wondering how hard that would be to remake it into a pattern for The Sims.
But on the upside I've found that I notice things that I normally wouldn't have before The Sims. So in a way The Sims have made me more aware of my surroundings. :) So playing The Sims is a good thing, right.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #1135 on: May 03, 2013, 06:42:03 PM »
…When you pull on every wall-mounted lamp in your house, expecting to discover the entrance to a hidden tomb.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #1136 on: May 05, 2013, 05:09:15 PM »
You can throw it at her without her being in the house.  I has Malcolm do it to Gunther in my life states dynasty especially since he was the only living Goth/Crumplebottom.
*Snort* Never once occurred on me to do it the easy way.  ::) Thanks Rica!

Offline simanda

• Nooboo
« Reply #1137 on: May 09, 2013, 02:45:33 PM »
I told my boyfriend that whenever he's around I get a +10 Attractive Company moodlet.  He would have made fun of me if it weren't for the fact that we both refer to people's abilities in terms of D&D (for example, we were watching Tangled and he noted that Flynn must have a lot of ranks in Climb and I pointed our Rapunzel's apparent Improvised Weapon finesse).  So I guess that means I play Sims and D&D way too much XD

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #1138 on: May 09, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »
Well...

If you create peoples that you hate in the real world in The Sims 3 and kill them in inhumane way as possible by experimenting with what kind of death that you can do in the game and have a fiendish delighted moodlet after that. After the killing session ended, you just walk happily like an cute little angel and innocent little girl with no problem ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline simanda

• Nooboo
« Reply #1139 on: May 09, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »
Well...

If you create peoples that you hate in the real world in The Sims 3 and kill them in inhumane way as possible by experimenting with what kind of death that you can do in the game and have a fiendish delighted moodlet after that. After the killing session ended, you just walk happily like an cute little angel and innocent little girl with no problem ;D

After my dad walked out on us I seriously considered doing exactly that XD  He's an electrician in real life so I planned on making him die from electrocution just for the lawls >.>