Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 428668 times)

Offline TommyT

• Occult
You know you've played too much Sims when..
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:16:11 PM »
Not sure if there's a topic like this yet, if there is I'll just merge them.

I've been hammering my dynasty lately and last night I had a dream that my targeted immortal had triplets and the firstborn of those three somehow got a job as the paperboy.  I woke up super worried because that Sim auto-aged to Child and I hadn't gotten a toddler portrait of him yet :p

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:25:25 PM »
Your wife and three girls come into the computer room and all say, "Can you please fix dinner now?" Can you imagine if that really happened to someone? Wow! Well, ummm...good topic Tom. I need to get to the kitchen now.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:06:38 AM »
I also had a sim-related dream after a hard days work playing the Sims 3!

I dreamed that I was sleep-talking to my partner (real-life partner, that is!) that I needed my baby. Turns out I had a sims baby, nicely wrapped up in a pink blanket.
But it turned out that the father wasn't my partner - it was Iqbal Alvi!
My partner was mad that I had a baby with Iqbal and so I offered to put it in the bin?

Weird dream.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »
...when you can't think of something else to talk about with friends or family. (I just typoed "gamily", which says it all right there!)
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:27:06 AM »
You know you have played too much sims when you talk to someone and pretend there are thought bubbles above their head, or you tell yourself your hunger bar or social bar is in the red or you hum sim songs all day long.  Calgon, take me away!! LOL
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 11:49:02 AM »
When you haven't played for several days and you start to imagine that you can hear the sounds of tiny little fingernails on the underside of your keyboard as your Sims try to get out.

What can I say?  ;D When I was a kid I used to think my dolls were alive at night. I've always had a raging imagination.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »
When talking to real people you assess what 'traits' they have.  You also think of what kind of moodlets they have too.  I constantly do that with people!  Every time I brush my teeth I think 'minty breath +5 mood'!
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:39:39 PM »
When talking to real people you assess what 'traits' they have.  You also think of what kind of moodlets they have too.  I constantly do that with people!

I do that too, hahaha.
I also think of interactions between people, like 'Ask about day' and 'Compliment home'.
I think I'm addicted.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
I categorically reject the idea that there is such a thing as "too much sims."  As for myself, I can quit any time I want to.  But I don't want to ...  ;D  Perhaps I'm in denial.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »
I couldn't fall asleep last night, and had the Sim China song my sim had been singing while fishing, stuck in my head. In her creaky, off-key voice.

Darn. Now it's back.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
I once had a customer at my job whose last name was Ansari. I almost asked her if she was related to Ayesha. :D

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
I once dreamed that I had gone into a games shop in Leeds (UK) to ask for help with my Sim3 game and they directed me to this weird geeky guy called 'Tom'.  They said he was also really good with Diablo 2.  Yep, I had just dreamed about Metro   :o.  Not sure if it was too much Sims or too much time on the forum  :D.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »
I once dreamed that I had gone into a games shop in Leeds (UK) to ask for help with my Sim3 game and they directed me to this weird geeky guy called 'Tom'.  They said he was also really good with Diablo 2.  Yep, I had just dreamed about Metro   :o.

Classic.  :D  ;D And I've had the same dream!

Sordos

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 06:47:39 PM »
When you start thinking things sims style, like me thinking about past relationship in the way how much relationship points/bar i used to have with my friends and were they friends, best friends or bff.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 07:36:28 PM »
Hah I love the stuff about traits and moodlets, I do that too.  I'm constantly thinking of what can keep me in the green - hmm an 'amazing meal' might offset my 'disgusted' :p