Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 370475 times)

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2010, 05:48:12 AM »
Hey Kelli,

Can one Sim appreciate nectar more than another?

Well the simple answer is "yes," the detailed answer is "I'm not quite sure how it works."

I've had two Sims drink the same bottle of nectar, and one will think "All Nectar tastes the same." where the other will wax on about how great it'd be with food or whatever. They always seem to get the same "moodlette" buffs, but (and I think it depends on the Sim's personality / traits), they report feeling differently about the nectar. Whether there's any meaning "game-wise" to what they report, I don't think there is. It just seems the Sims I've had who drink more nectar seem to enjoy it a lot more, and blab on about it to a higher degree.

I'm not sure if this helps, and I've surely not studied it enough to know exactly what's going on in the Sim heads / behind the scenes with the game.

-- Happytime

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2010, 08:19:07 AM »
I have heard that the more nectar a Sim drinks the more they appreciate it and get more interested like wine testers.

A little off topic, but have you ever noticed the more they drink, the more sophisticated about drinking they get.  First they twirl and sniff, then they gargle and the last one is the pinky going in the air as they drink.  I thought that was pretty neat.  I would have never noticed it if my sis had not told me about it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2010, 08:20:41 AM »
@Kelli:
That with the bed is because probably one of your sims has the couch potato trait, which will increase the appreciateness of comfortable objects. I'm almost sure that is why wildredchild is asking for your sims traits.

One sim can not appreciate nectar more than another. They (bottles) all give a sim the same moodlets. Personally, I wish they had different tastes, like Chinese sims loving flame fruit nectar, while a France sim will cry out 'chaud, chaud, eau, immédiatement!' while running to the nearest water crane after drinking flame fruit nectar.

Leto85

« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2010, 08:22:30 AM »
A little off topic, but have you ever noticed the more they drink, the more sophisticated about drinking they get.  First they twirl and sniff, then they gargle and the last one is the pinky going in the air as they drink.  I thought that was pretty neat.  I would have never noticed it if my sis had not told me about it.

Sounds like they can get drunk. :P Something I've tried to see myself ingame, but it seems like my sims where very 'alcohol proof.'

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »
A little off topic, but have you ever noticed the more they drink, the more sophisticated about drinking they get.  First they twirl and sniff, then they gargle and the last one is the pinky going in the air as they drink.

Yep, Salty, that's what I meant: I don't want to call it a "hidden trait," but the more a Sim drinks nectar (which Leto, just has complex sugars innit ... no alcohol! hehe), the more highfalutin animations become unlocked. They seem to "appreciate" the nectar more, and I've noticed those who drink nectar frequently have more wishes / wants show up associated with nectar.

I don't know how often the list of "amazing" recipes is updated, but I think once I get done with my current challenge, I'll go through this thread and check and then post all the "amazing" recipies, just so it's written down and in one place.

-- Happytime

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »
One of my snobby sims finds every nectar undrinkable but my life fruit nectar...
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »
One of my snobby sims finds every nectar undrinkable but my life fruit nectar...

Typical Snob!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Kelli

« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:14 PM »
I figured it out!  I was too careless when reading.  There are way more buffs!  The little buff picture of the green grapes...it means many different buffs.  8 sims drank the plum nectar.  Here's what they got:
     Commanding Complexity  25 x 8 hrs (2 sims)
     Commanding Complexity  30 x 8 hrs
     Fabulous Finish  25 x 8 hrs (2 sims)
     Breathtaking Balance  25 x 8 hrs
     Astonishing Aroma  25 x 8 hrs
     Astonishing Aroma  30 x 8 hrs
Each got only 1 green grape picture buff, but it was always a new surprise.  I don't think it has to do with traits, because 2 teens with identical traits got 2 different values for Astonishing Aroma.  Oh, and also, one sim had a wish to Drink a Perfect Bottle of Nectar for +1000 pts. and it did fulfill that wish.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »

Haha!  I didn't know that!  I haven't had my Sims drink much nectar and had no idea what I was missing.  I have to see this now.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2010, 06:05:57 AM »
Still won't make me touch any Nectar machine again though, not since earlier this year...  :-\

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2010, 09:20:41 AM »
Why, what happened, if I may ask?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2010, 10:34:26 AM »
Why, what happened, if I may ask?

It was called a Nectar Challenge...  :D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2010, 11:42:07 AM »
LOL, I guess I could see where that might make a person swear off nectar and anything related for a while.  I remember reading quite a few posts on members that said if they saw another nectar machine, it would be too soon.  Maybe that will pass and somewhere down the road you might pick it up again.  :D

Leto85

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »
Haha!  I didn't know that!  I haven't had my Sims drink much nectar and had no idea what I was missing.  I have to see this now.  :)

I hope your sims will stay out of trouble after doing this. ;)
Please don't feed your teenage sims to much of it. And don't let a cop catch them. It will screw up their future. :P

Kelli

« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »
I hope your sims will stay out of trouble after doing this. ;)
Please don't feed your teenage sims to much of it. And don't let a cop catch them. It will screw up their future. :P
Really?  What happens?

anything