Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 365578 times)

Offline TheCub

• Townie
Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2010, 06:00:45 AM »
They wanted to use things like steak too. Too bad they couldn't actually do it. :D

Yeah, really. In the Bottomless Nectar Cellar article I wrote I could have had Zeus and Hera make rump roast nectar. Mmmm...mmmm...good! Of course, then they would have been the butt of Olympus. Oh, oh, my sides hurt!
Make nectar with a roast? I wonder if it would taste like the Turkey Soda that Jones Soda Co. used to sell around Thanksgiving. That stuff had a very "interesting" flavor. :P

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2010, 06:31:36 PM »
They wanted to use things like steak too. Too bad they couldn't actually do it. :D

Yeah, really. In the Bottomless Nectar Cellar article I wrote I could have had Zeus and Hera make rump roast nectar. Mmmm...mmmm...good! Of course, then they would have been the butt of Olympus. Oh, oh, my sides hurt!
You know Metro, it's never a good thing when the comedian laughs at his own jokes, and it's even worse when they're the only one laughing ;)  ;D
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2010, 07:35:46 PM »
You know Metro, it's never a good thing when the comedian laughs at his own jokes, and it's even worse when they're the only one laughing ;)  ;D

Hey, how do you know that I was the only one laughing? There could be players right now — in some remote undisclosed location — that are still laughing at that. They might have even been laughing at it before I made the post.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2010, 08:15:54 PM »
I'm still laughing.  Definitely still laughing.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »
I'm still laughing.  Definitely still laughing.
Dang it Pam, why'd you have to confirm what Metro said! >:( Lol, I have to admit, I guess I thought your joke was pretty funny Metro ;D
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2010, 07:02:06 AM »
I'm experimenting with nectar recipes that give both moodlets, preferably with the minimum of life and flame fruits used.  So far I've found one great recipe:

1 Life Fruit
3 Flame Fruits
5 Pomegranates
1 Watermelon

Thanks for the guide - it's been very helpful!

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2010, 07:11:35 AM »
Found another Great recipe:

9 Cherimola Blan Grapes
1 Apple

Modifying to avoid a triple post.  There is a source in France for Cranerlet Nuala grapes without getting the axe or meditating - I got them on my first trip there.  The Secret Garden adventure has a Cranerlet Nuala vine in its dungeon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »
My Amazing Recipe is 9 Pomegranets and 1 Flame Fruit with a Level 10 Nectar Maker, with all apart from home grown grapes challenges completed, I am not so sure about the quality of the Fruits but I think they are definitely over Very Good.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2010, 11:54:30 AM »
Found my first Amazing 1LF3FF recipe, so I thought I'd post the list of all the Greats & Amazings found with this combo so far (still a long way to go...)

1LF 3FF 5 Pomegranate 1 Watermelon - Great
1LF 3FF 4 Pomegranate 2 Renoit - Great
1LF 3FF 4 Pomelo 2 Plum - Great
1LF 3FF 4 Watermelon 2 Plum - Great
1LF 3FF 5 Meloire Grape 1 Pomegranate - Great
1LF 3FF 2 Meloire Grape 4 Lime - Great
1LF 3FF 4 Lime 2 Watermelon - Amazing

Is there any way to sell the Nectar that's as or more profitable than taking it to the Nectary to sell?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2010, 01:01:06 PM »
You can drag the nectar bottle to your "sell" box in your Sim's inventory.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2010, 04:11:41 PM »
Do you get the same price?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2010, 04:24:32 PM »
Do you get the same price?

To my knowledge, the only factor affecting nectar price once the nectar has been made is whether it has been aged in a basement rack. So, whether you drag a bottle to your Inventory to sell, or travel to France to sell it, I can't imagine there being a difference.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
If you are selling stuff, such as fruits, vegetables and fish, to the supermarket instead of just through your inventory, I remember reading somewhere that you get 10% more for it than just selling it in the inventory (haven't confirmed it myself, but if anyone wants to, be my guest). Thus, I think this is actually a valid question. There would obviously be a reason why the developers included the possibility of travelling to France and sell it, so it would be illogical to dismiss that possibility before someone has actually tested it.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »
If you are selling stuff, such as fruits, vegetables and fish, to the supermarket instead of just through your inventory, I remember reading somewhere that you get 10% more for it than just selling it in the inventory (haven't confirmed it myself, but if anyone wants to, be my guest). Thus, I think this is actually a valid question. There would obviously be a reason why the developers included the possibility of travelling to France and sell it, so it would be illogical to dismiss that possibility before someone has actually tested it.

Your logic is quite sound. However, what a pain in the butt when you think about it.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »
Yeah, I agree Metro. Think of it in this way: The time you would in that case spend on going to France in order to sell it, you could spend at home working to make up the difference yourself. The usefulness of this in that case would then be if you just happen to be in the neighbourhood in France you could stop by to sell something.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.