Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 369049 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 09:24:30 PM »
Keep your eyes peeled on this thread, I'm about 1 week away from posting a massive wall of text that will help everyone out.  Still finishing the data, and I'm trying to mathematically relate the information to see if there is a way to predict amazing combinations that are unusual.  If anyone comes across more amazing combinations outside of the ones posted thusfar, please post them as it may help me in my attempts to crack the code behind this!  (I'm a mathematician; I know someone better in programming may be able to just crack the game code to find this stuff out but I'm trying to do it old-school)

Sounds great. I'd love to add them to the main page as well.

Maui

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 10:55:10 AM »
The first one is: 4 Life Fruit/3 Cherimola Blan/3 Meloire.  All are "perfect" fruit, made by a level 10 nectar maker.  The blend is classified as "Perfect" and was worth $330 per bottle right out of the nectar maker.  I will check on its "aged" value in a Sim week.  UPDATE: 3 Sim weeks later it's now worth $706

The 2nd one is: 4 Life Fruit/3 Pomegranate/3 Plum.  Again, all "perfect fruit", made by a level 10 nectar maker.  The blend is also classified as "Perfect" and was worth $322 per bottle right out of the nectar maker.  Again, I will check in its "aged" value in a Sim week.  UPDATE: 3 Sim weeks later, it's now worth $575

I noticed this with some of my recipes too; although your 2 recipes started valued around 325$ when they first came out your getting drastic differences in the value as it ages ($706 vs $575 after the same time period).  Although the highest value nectar may already have been found, if there is other factors not factored in yet around how the aging process work there may be another combination that starts lower but ages better.  This is something I'm going to explore further once I finish my current goal of creating, charting, and providing the report on every single 2-ingredient combination available in the game!  Halfway there now, and came out with two amazing recipe I have yet to see posted:

9Plum + 1Lime = Amazing taste.
9Pomegranite + 1Flame Fruit = Amazing taste

Just so nobody is waisting time, thusfar I have not found any additional Amazing recipes outside of the ones above and ones listed by Chrys when combining 9&1 or 5&5 combos using two ingredients, although there are a multitude of great recipes to be found.  More details to follow, I estimate by saturday night I'll be ready to post my massive wall of text~

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lovergirl

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 06:49:34 AM »
hy everyone . it's my first post on this forum. i love the game and to gardening. I want to have all the plants but i can't find the last one . if is someone to help me, please, i begging you. I want les meloir grapes. I've been looking after them a lot and i didn't find . I found the cranerlet nuala grapes and gralladine fran graps thanks to you but I don't want leave france without meloir grapes.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 07:20:43 AM »
Hi Lovergirl. Welcome to the forum.

You should be able to buy the Meloir grapes from the clerk at the nectary.

lovergirl

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 07:32:56 AM »
That's the point! There's no meloir grapes! I bought from nectary cherimola blan grapes and renoit grapes. From garden i harvested avornalino grapes.
Is freaking me out cause I went for many times in France and no spots of meloir grapes.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 08:07:33 AM »
Ah, okay. I was getting Renoit and Meloir mixed up. I knew I had bought one of those from the Nectary. I'll fire up a character and do some snooping....

EDIT: Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is....thanks to Carl's plants guide footnotes I read that you just need to walk up the dirt road that parallels the river. There's a large house with a garden and it will have the grapes. The bad news is the load time for the France screen took so long that I am now elderly and my children are taking me away to a retirement home. Goodbye everyone!

Ya Cheese Buddy

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 09:50:03 AM »
Lol! Uncle Metro's funny :) Sims does take ages to load. I need the world's most experianced computer so it will cut off 98% of the loading time. Then it would only take, like, two hours!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lovergirl

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 01:10:01 PM »
Thanks Metropolis Man! You're awesome! I found them. Stupid grapes. Now I have them all to make nectars. :D

Maui

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 03:25:17 PM »
More details to follow, I estimate by saturday night I'll be ready to post my massive wall of text

Sorry for the delay folks, I've got about 3hrs worth of data collection left and I'm over-due on my original estimate.  If your family is anything like mine Christmas is basically a month-long affair...  I'm hoping to be ready to post my findings shortly, but this time I'll be smart and not give a timeframe!

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »
Here's another "Amazing" blend for those of you who want to try it:

6 Cherimola Grapes
4 Apples

In my game, it's called, "Audrey's Cheriapple Secret Blend" so don't tell anyone the recipe. <ssshhh>  8)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »
I look forward to your data Maui. It'll compliment the work I've done recently. I've conducted some testing on my own and made a chart showing the various combinations of nectaration processes and handiness upgrades. I think I've hammered down which you should use with what type. see it here (under nectaration processes and handiness upgrades)

EDIT: By the way, so far my perfect high value nectar is still growing at the same pace.. 10% of original value. I wonder if there's some nuance to the system that causes worse tasting or lower quality recipes to stop being valuable after aging so long.

edi

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2009, 02:31:17 AM »
Great work all.

Came across an Amazing I haven't seen listed yet.

4 Meloire Grape, 3 Flame Fruit, 3 Gralladina Fran

Base price per bottle was $362 with perfect fruit, L10, Extended Nectration, with a machine set for improved flavor.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »
Thanks edi and welcome to the Forum!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

edi

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »
Many thanks. Came following a link from snooty so... the benefits of friends, eh?

Loving this thread.

gnowor

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
For those looking for a way to predict Nectar Flavor Quality (Amazing/Great/etc.), here's what I've found out after digging through the game's code.  There's no set table or way that EA determines the flavor quality.  Below is a long explanation as to why.

It takes the names of your 10 ingredients, lines them up alphabetically (e.g. "Apple, Apple, Grape, Grape, Grape, Life Fruit, etc."), and then dumps them into a "Randomizing" algorithm.  The reason I put random in quotes is because the same recipe will consistently produce the same flavor quality nectar (at least on the same computer).  (Sorry if I'm bursting anyone's bubble that random numbers generated from a computer aren't really random.)  As such, without replicating the Randomizing algorithm outside of the game, it's not possible to predict Flavor Quality (since changing one letter in one name would be sufficient to give you a completely different flavor quality, and we can't even do that - we have to change out a whole fruit).

Additionally, this may explain why amazing recipes vary on some people's computers.  I haven't taken a look at EA's Randomizing algorithm directly (I just see that they're using a function called "Random"), but I know from experience with other programs that random algorithms can either be implemented directly within the code of a program, or they can use something from the computer they're operating on in order to generate the random numbers.  Now, given the consistency that we've seen, I would think that the random algorithm they're using here is dependent only on their code, but perhaps within their code they do use something else besides just the formula to generate the random number (like a numeric value corresponding to the language you're using? - If the names they're using to generate the Apple, Apple, Grape, Grape list is based on the current user's language, this would seem very plausible.)

Anyway, I wasted a bunch of time on this and hopefully can save some people some time.  If anyone's ambitious and thinks they can replicate EA's randomizer code, I'll tell them where to find it.

anything