Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 370481 times)

Offline kaymn

• Nooboo
Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »
Off and on, I have been testing out Plasma Nectar Recipes as I wanted my Vampire Sims to have more than just the "6 life, 3 Flame, 1 Plasma" Nectar to drink.  Since I never see Plasma Nectar recipes posted I figured I would share mine.  Sadly, I have only ever been able to find one amazing reciepe, but I have found plenty of great recipes!

Amazing
1 Pomegranate, 9 Plasma

Great
5 Pomelo, 5 Plasma
7 Reniot. 3 Plasma
4 Flame, 3 Meloire, 3 Plasma
4 Flame, 4 Plasma, 2 Gralladina
4 Flame, 4 Plasma, 2 Apple
1 Life, 3 Flame, 4 Plasma, 2 Gralladina
1 Life, 3 Flame, 4 Plasma, 2 Cherries
1 Life, 3 Flame, 4 Plasma, 2 Cherimola
1 Life, 3 Flame, 4 Plasma, 2 Avorlino
1 Life, 3 Flame, 2 Plasma, 4 Cranerlet
3 Avorlino, 2 Plasma, 3 life, 2 flame
3 Meloire, 2 Plasma, 3 life, 2 flame
4 Cherimola, 2 plasma, 2 life,  2 flame
4 Avorlino, 2 plasma, 2 life,  2 flame
2 Meloire, 1 Plasma, 5 life, 2 Flame
2 Grapes, 1 Plasma, 5 life, 2 flame
3 Pomegranate, 6 Plasma, 1 Flame
3 Watermelon, 3 Lime, 2 Life, 1 Flame, 1 Plasma
1 Cherries, 9 Plasma
1 Plasma, 3 Meloire, 6 cranerlet
1 Plasma, 3 Cherries, 6 Renoit
1 Plasma, 2 Cherries, 4 Meloire, 3 Renoit
3 Plasma, 3 Cranerlet, 2 Pomelo, 2 Meloire

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
Quick question: Are we SURE that the order in which fruit is put in doesn't matter for quality?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »
I am shore that order in which you put fruit doesn't matter for the quality of nectar. At least it didn't before last few patches, but no reason for it to be changed.

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2012, 12:13:08 PM »
Thank you very much, that was the only thing troubling me :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2012, 09:58:01 AM »
Has anyone tried making nectar with the lemons and eggplants that came with the Al Fresco Street Market?  It would never have occurred to me to make eggplant nectar, but I've just been playing a Sim in France and found eggplant blends turning up at the nectary (lemon blends as well).  I'm wondering if anyone has discovered any amazing blends with eggplants or lemons.

And I can't help wondering what eggplant nectar tastes like ...  :P

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Chuckles_82

« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »
lol ewww. I wonder if they have a new recipe for Moussaka - that is the only recipe I can think of that uses it. I haven't got the set yet, but I plan to. I can't imagine how many combinations that will bump up the combination calculator to! The online one already won't make a list for me because there are too many!

Offline Downwood0

• Nooboo
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
Wait, so what I'm hearing is that there are 19 different fruits now (with the street market) would that give us 19^10 combinations of fruit?

I think that's only 6.13 trillion combinations.  :o

edit; nvm, had managed to skip the 'alphabetized' part of the recipie list. whew. :D

Edit 2: According to: http://www.mathsisfun.com/combinatorics/combinations-permutations-calculator.html we get 13,123,110 combinations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »
Thirteen million combinations?  Well, there's a challenging project for someone with the Perfectionist trait, testing all those!

Considering how many possible combinations there are to test, I'm impressed that so many Amazing and other high-grade combinations have been discovered.

Welcome to the forum, Donwood0!  I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
I did happen to try and put in eggplant in the nectar maker and it didn't go.  I am just now getting back into nectar making, but I did try the eggplant. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2012, 02:39:18 PM »
I did happen to try and put in eggplant in the nectar maker and it didn't go.  I am just now getting back into nectar making, but I did try the eggplant. :)

It didn't go?  How odd.  I know I've seen several different eggplant nectars in my game.  I wonder what's up with that.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2012, 10:55:03 PM »
Not sure, but I tried to move it from the inventory to the panel for the nectar maker and it didn't go.  I will try it again, just to be sure. :)

Offline Downwood0

• Nooboo
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2013, 12:48:35 AM »
Silly question time. We can build four levels of basements. Does the level of the basemen where the aging takes place have any affect on the aging process? And/Or does having the nectar machines in the basement have any affect. I ask, as, it has been posted that 653 for a single bottle of 9 life / 1 pomegranate using concentrated and Flavor enhancement was really good, and on my first go with all those factors, I got 657. I'm wondering if the skill of the handyman doing the upgrade may alter the multiplier?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »
Not sure, but I tried to move it from the inventory to the panel for the nectar maker and it didn't go.  I will try it again, just to be sure. :)

I found out that you cannot put eggplant in nectar maker or pumpkin, that sounds disgusting anyway, lol.  Just wanted to say that I did test it and no go.  I suppose they are considered veggies anyway. :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: January 01, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
I found out that you cannot put eggplant in nectar maker or pumpkin, that sounds disgusting anyway, lol.  Just wanted to say that I did test it and no go.  I suppose they are considered veggies anyway. :)

Well, yeah, it makes sense that you wouldn't make nectar with vegetables.  That's why I was really surprised when I found those eggplant blends at the Nectary.  Maybe the professional nectar-makers are the only ones who know the secret of transforming eggplant into something drinkable.  I'll have to have my Sims try the nectar and see what they think of it.   :D

Thanks for testing this, Salty, although I'm quite mystified as to why one can buy eggplant nectar but it isn't possible to make it.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2013, 12:18:38 PM »
I guess it is the same with the grape pancakes, they just show up, but you cannot put the ingredients in them.

anything