Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 370479 times)

Scream26

Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
If I can get some life fruit in my garden, I'll start experimenting with them and bananas, then, since a combo equates to better nectar.  I'll post my results, as well.  Like Shirin, I think I have a stash of 200 or so perfect quality bananas from my gardener Sim. Haha.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2012, 06:17:45 AM »
I did a whole bunch of testing a while back, and shared my results in this thread, but that was even before I got NL. I used a combination/permatation calculator online to work list all the different combinations there could be to try - though I did that only for the different varieties of grapes - in the interests of focusing on completing the skill challenges. You could do something like that. You'd be there a while for all the different combos for all the fruits though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2012, 01:29:22 PM »
Sadly, I actually spent about 4 hours last night making up a spreadsheet to figure all of the combinations of two fruits.

Was going to start working on the three/four/five fruits this weekend.

All in the name of testing for when Gen7 is able to make this stuff.

But it might be on hold a bit, got word this morning my boyfriend got the job offer out here, so I have 2 weeks to get the house in shape.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
But it might be on hold a bit, got word this morning my boyfriend got the job offer out here, so I have 2 weeks to get the house in shape.

Yeah, sometimes real life happens!  But we'll still be here when you're ready to get back to us with the results of your tests.  I'm hoping you and Scream will discover some amazing banana nectar recipes.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2012, 04:30:00 AM »
So I have a confession.

I made a copy of my Dynasty, because I remembered Gen2 was level 1 in Nectar Making or something, from a couple of opps in France. So in this copy, I kicked out everyone except her and the founder, who is the gardener. Razed the house. Expanded the garden. Enabled static needs.

Planted 22 of each plant, because I decided to try this out with perfect fruits only.

After getting quite a bit done, I started to get irritated. Why hadn't I picked up any bananas yet from the trees? I'm sure they don't take THAT long to reach maturity. And if nothing else, I wanted to report back on some banana recipes for Schipperke.

Then it hit me. Bananas were the one thing I had forgotten to plant.

I'm going to try and get some of the bananas done this week before Friday, and start the house cleaning then.

(I promise bananas are now planted!)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
So I have a confession.

After getting quite a bit done, I started to get irritated. Why hadn't I picked up any bananas yet from the trees? I'm sure they don't take THAT long to reach maturity. And if nothing else, I wanted to report back on some banana recipes for Schipperke.

Then it hit me. Bananas were the one thing I had forgotten to plant.

I'm going to try and get some of the bananas done this week before Friday, and start the house cleaning then.

(I promise bananas are now planted!)

Hahaha!  Good one, Shirin!   ;D

And I'm really glad I'm not the only one who does things like that from time to time.  Thanks for sharing that!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
I was even mousing over the various tree groves to see how the bananas were doing.

I don't believe I've ever smacked my forehead that hard once I realised it. :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
I was sorting out my bookmarks and found that I had kept the site for the combinations calculator. It is here

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
So for 17 different fruits (from base to Showtime), with order unimportant and repetition allowed...

There are 5,311,735 different nectar combinations?

I do not think I can survive trying to actually make every single combination. :(

Chuckles_82

« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2012, 12:47:35 AM »
If you only want the Banana recipes, get the list and then only select the ones with banans in them. There's bound to be a whole lot less with just bananas - though I'll bet it's still a looong list!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »
Oh, it would be!

I'm starting small, with just 2 fruits. So for example:
Banana x10
Banana x9, Apple x1
Banana x8, Apple x2
Banana x7, Apple x3

All the way to Banana x1, Apple x9

Then repeat with the other fruits. That, alone, is awful.

(Also, so far I've had Banana x10 Perfect = Horrifying quality worth $0)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
That's How I did it with just grapes to start with. Then I moved onto 3 combos, and then 4 and so forth. Those are even longer. I had pages and pages of written combos, until I found the calculator, punched out all the combos, and pasted them in a word document and printed them out. Much better!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
Ooo, good idea.

17 different fruits, that'd be a whole lotta reams of paper. ;D

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2012, 02:18:59 AM »
Buzzler at MTS has a mod called Nectar Combinatorics that automates this for you. That is, if you use mods. Might be easier than doing this manually...

Offline razzle

• Nooboo
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
I was looking for banana recipes online but couldn't find any so I did some testing. Here are some recipes that came out of my testing... thought I might as well register and share:

Amazing:
40% Pomelo, 40% Banana, 20% Life Fruit

Great:
40% Banana, 30% Life Fruit, 30% Pomelo
70% Cherries, 30% Banana
70% Flame Fruit, 30% Banana
60% Flame Fruit, 40% Banana

Pretty Good:
40% Life, 40% Banana, 20% Pomelo
50% Cherries, 30% Banana, 20% Apple
60% Life Fruit, 20% Pomelo, 20% Banana

Bananas don't seem to work so well with grapes... but then I haven't tested all possible grape and banana combination. Hope I typed them all in correct.