Author Topic: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 67- The End!/Heir Recap (Jan 20)-COMPLETE!  (Read 102626 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 60- Biology Lesson (Oct 6)
« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2016, 12:52:51 PM »
Chapter 61- A Few More Photos

We find ourselves once again in the sandbox with some of the Matsuri children. This time, the newly aged up Cerise joined her brother, Saffron, in the sandbox.

So, all of the birthday celebrations have been a blast and I assure you that there will be many, many more. However, there must be the occasional event that is kind of the opposite of a birthday...

They didn't get much screen time, but, alas, it was time for them to go...

As with most spares, Victoria begged Grim to allow her to be in a few more photos.

Grim was unrelenting. And with that, Victoria left the family on the promise of a photo shoot from Grim in his Dragon Valley headquarters the Netherworld.

Victoria's departure meant that another spot in the household opened up. You know what that means!

But, before that, there was a birthday to celebrate! This time, Mauve was celebrating his toddler birthday.

The custom eyes strike again!

With so many kids-and more to come-the house needed some updating. The downstairs bedroom was now designed for the youngest of the children.

The newly designed upstairs would now be the room for the oldest children. Right now, only Azure and Saffron were in the room, but Cerise would be joining them soon enough.

With the death of his wife, Deshawn made sure to weasel his way into as many pictures as possible, while being a helpful family member, of course.

Slate also helped out in teaching Mauve his toddler skills.

Where was Tasha? She was a permanent fixture in the bathroom, so she couldn't help very much.

It all worked out in the end, however, as Mauve learned his toddler skills and was then able to enjoy the rest of his toddler days.

A few days later, it was time for Saffron's teen birthday.

Here is teenage Saffon.

For this birthday, Saffron gained the Ambitious trait. He's been pretty lucky as far as trait rolls go.

With Saffron pretty much grown up and independent, it was time for another nooboo to join the family.

Will it be a boy? A girl? You'll have to wait to find out!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 61- A Few More Photos (Oct 29)
« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2016, 05:07:48 PM »
Can't wait to see the nooboo!!!  If I'm being honest, I'm hoping for a girl who is a clone of her mama  ;=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #377 on: November 03, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »
Can't wait to see the nooboo!!!  If I'm being honest, I'm hoping for a girl who is a clone of her mama  ;=)

Wish granted just for you, Pippin  ;D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #378 on: November 03, 2016, 05:57:56 PM »
Chapter 62- Change of Plans

We return to the Matsuri family in a familiar state: Tasha received confirmation that she was expecting again. This would be baby number...*quickly counts kids*...five!

Being old pros at having kids by this point, it was business as usual for the time being for Slate and Tasha. Slate worked with Saffron on his grades so that he could start off high school well.

After studying, Saffron thought he'd give the chemistry table a go.

Sleep.
Wake up.
Eat.
Get kids off to school.
Work.
Come home.
Have dinner.
Sleep.
Repeat.

Sleep.
Wake up.
Get kids off to school.
Go into labor.
Panic.

Change of plans. Who knew?

Upon arrival at the hospital, Slate and Tasha ran into a familiar face: Russet!

Russet: Hey, Slate. Hey, Tasha. Fancy meeting you here.

I'm not entirely sure what Russet's been up to since Izzy left the house, but, whatever it was, it probably wasn't good because Russet proceeded to panic about Tasha's labor only after she came out of the hospital with the newest Matsuri, Hunter.

Tasha and Slate returned just in time to see their older children off to the prom.

It was a good thing they came home when they did because the younger two were suddenly without supervision...

Unlike Victoria, Deshawn was okay with his time coming to an end and went with Grim.

And, with Deshawn's passing, the final spot in the house opened up. Why stop at five kids?

Six is far more fun...

Before the last nooboo would be making an appearance, there were some other birthdays to get through first. Cerise was celebrating her teen birthday.

Cerise gained the Supernatural Fan this birthday, adding to her other traits of Bookworm, Heavy Sleeper and Loner.

Right after Cerise, it was time for Hunter to celebrate her birthday.

Finally! We have another nooboo that is not a Slate clone.

You're welcome, Pippin.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 62- Change of Plans (Nov 3)
« Reply #379 on: November 05, 2016, 02:07:57 PM »
Yay Hunter!!  I'm not saying I have any favorites, but I do and they're Hunter!!!  She's so cute!!  Squeee!!!!
Oh, and another lovely update (he says, calming down from his "fangirling" over Hunter).  I particularly enjoyed the bit about the routine and that abrupt interruption of it for Hunter's birth (Squee!!).

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2016, 10:57:06 AM »
Everything Pip just said above by infinity times infinity (sorry, I've been watching reruns again lol)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #381 on: December 01, 2016, 05:40:42 PM »
Yay Hunter!!  I'm not saying I have any favorites, but I do and they're Hunter!!!  She's so cute!!  Squeee!!!!
Oh, and another lovely update (he says, calming down from his "fangirling" over Hunter).  I particularly enjoyed the bit about the routine and that abrupt interruption of it for Hunter's birth (Squee!!).

Does she win out over Ebony, your other favorite spare?

Everything Pip just said above by infinity times infinity (sorry, I've been watching reruns again lol)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Does Hunter rank as one of your favorite spares? I really liked her personally  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #382 on: December 01, 2016, 06:33:45 PM »
Chapter 63- No Excuses

Hello everyone! I have been MIA over the past month and I blame two things for that: National Novel Writing Month and Pokemon Sun-

Tasha: Really, Watcher? Those are your excuses? That's the  best story you can come up with?
Malley: Yes, that literally is my story. I did 50k words in 29 days. Yay me!
Slate: Part of that word count could have been toward our story, you know. You could have been finished in half the time.
Malley: Point taken.

*Ahem* Anyhoo, here is the long overdue update of the Matsuri's. Let's begin with some Hunter spam.

Such a cutie! Now that Cerise was a teenager, she was going to be moving to the upstairs bedroom with Azure and Saffron. Her bed was moved upstairs.

While I was redecorating, Cerise had some fun of her own.

Of course, Slate reminded her that the fun came after homework was done.

But, when the tutoring was over, it was time for fun and games and it wasn't just Cerise that got to play around. Hunter learned all her toddler skills and got to spend the remainder of her baby days having fun.

Ending his baby days was Mauve. And, did anyone notice anything special about Tasha? Like, her outfit?

Yep, the final Matsuri baby was on the way.

Here is Mauve. He looks a lot like Saffron, in my opinion.

While Cerise gravitated more to the logic skill, Mauve, upon aging up, was more interested in painting.

Shortly after Mauve's birthday, it became time for a birth day.

You'd think after five kids that Slate would be used to this by now. Oh, Sims, how I love you and your logic.

Thankfully, Tasha kept a cool head and drove her husband to the hospital so she could give birth.

While out, Slate ran across a familiar face.

A short time later, Vermillion joined the family. He was born with the Excitable and Athletic traits.

That's all for now. Hopefully it won't be another month before the next installment  ::)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 63- No Excuses (Dec 1)
« Reply #383 on: December 01, 2016, 07:29:51 PM »
I am holding off on deciding whether or not Hunter is the new favorite until she gets to at least teen.  Ebony tentatively keeps her spot  :=)
Another lovely update and I'm glad you hit your goal for novel month!!  Kudos!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #384 on: December 04, 2016, 01:23:09 AM »
I think that Vermillion it's my favorite now, just for his name.  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »
That picture of Hunter learning to walk is so adorable. She definitely has favorite potential.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #386 on: December 09, 2016, 12:41:21 PM »
I am holding off on deciding whether or not Hunter is the new favorite until she gets to at least teen.  Ebony tentatively keeps her spot  :=)
Another lovely update and I'm glad you hit your goal for novel month!!  Kudos!

That picture of Hunter learning to walk is so adorable. She definitely has favorite potential.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure she's my favorite spare from this dynasty  ;)

I think that Vermillion it's my favorite now, just for his name.  ;D

His name makes me think of Pokemon  :)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #387 on: December 09, 2016, 12:46:11 PM »
Chapter 64- Family Check Ups

With so many people in the household, things could get kind of crazy. And by crazy, I mean loud and busy. Cerise and Saffron took refuge from the hustle and bustle of the household by getting in some chess time in the garage.

That didn't last for too long though because, not surprisingly, there was practically a birthday every day in the Matsuri house. This time, Vermillion was going from burrito stage to nooboo stage!

Surprisingly, Azure brought her youngest sibling up to the cake. Majority of the time, that fell to Tasha, so it was nice to see Azure stepping up and into her role as the final heiress.

And...the cuteness! Vermillion looks a lot like his sister, Hunter. The orangey color really works for this little cutie.

While the older kids were off doing their own things, Tasha began working with Vermillion on his toddler skills. It was kind of bittersweet knowing that this was the last nooboo of this dynasty :(

Slate was sure to jump in on the action too.

With Vermillion's work on his skills, the family seems to have caught a skilling fever. Azure worked on her supermax of writing. Saffron practiced his guitar and logic skills. Cerise, despite not really being an outgoing people person, rolled a wish to learn charisma.

Mauve checked in with his big sister to see how her novel was coming along.

Mauve: There should be dinosaurs! Oh, and mummies! Maybe some ninjas! Definitely cows.
Azure: In a romance novel?

Tasha and Slate were invited to a party by Crystal. I made sure they accepted the invitation because I really wanted to see how things were going with the couple. Specifically, I wanted to see their nooboo. Yes, I made sure to have Junior and Crystal try for baby before Junior left the household :)

The result was this adorable little girl! What's her name? Not a clue. I don't have access to my notes as I'm typing this XD

Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? Probably. In this case, this family must be sick and tired of cake. Alas, it was time for another birthday and, thus, more cake.

This time, Azure would be celebrating her young adult birthday.

Here is young adult Azure.

I have no idea what her final trait was, since I'm not anywhere near my notes (they're under my couch in a folder at home and I'm...someplace else entirely). But I do know that her Lifetime Wish is to become a Professional Author.

Speaking of which, spending her teen years glued to the computer really benefited Azure.

A few hours in to her young adult years and she completed her lifetime wish.

Thank goodness. That was one less thing left for Azure to do to bring this dynasty to a close. We can see the finish line now!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 64- Family Check-ups (Dec 9)
« Reply #388 on: December 09, 2016, 07:00:47 PM »
It's amazing that being the tenth heir, Azure isn't exactly a pudding face. She's beautiful.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 64- Family Check-ups (Dec 9)
« Reply #389 on: December 09, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »
Wow, you're doing an awesome job!  Someday I'll do this well (I hope).
That family's lovely, and that includes the girl whose name you forget  :=)
Of course, I wanted more Hunter shots, but that's okay.  It was still a great update  ;=)