Author Topic: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 67- The End!/Heir Recap (Jan 20)-COMPLETE!  (Read 102381 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 33- Her Royal Highness (Sept 21)
« Reply #225 on: September 28, 2015, 04:22:07 PM »
Chapter 34- Pop! Goes the Weasel!

What on earth does a nursery rhyme have to do with a sims dynasty? Honestly, not a thing. But, there is a connection, I promise. I didn't just lose my marbles or anything...*sees orderlies coming* ermm...gotta go! Here's a distraction!

Emi's birthday rolled around and Cobalt brought her up to the cake.

Here is Eminence. She is wearing her namesake because it's a really pretty shade of purple and it is the purple themed house. I was a little disappointed that she didn't get the purple eyes, but all hope is not lost  ;)

Cobalt got started immediately on potty training Emi. I never noticed how his robe blended into the carpet of Emi's room...It's like a game of I Spy or Where's Waldo?

After potty training, Cobalt moved on to talking lessons.

And cue toddler spam!

Oh dear, that's definitely NOT toddler spam...or is it? Let me just say that Bree is not sick from Cobalt's cooking.

Remember Griselda? Yeah, she's still here. I decided she should actually do something productive and help out with teaching Eminence her skills.

Bree was working on her alchemy skill when she performed a spin-o-rama and confirmed that there was another nooboo on the way.

More Emi training.

Emi learned all of her skills and ended up spending the rest of her toddler days playing around.

Bree, meanwhile, had an alchemy mishap.

Malley: You okay there, Bree?
Bree: Cobalt's mom said that it was best if I "became one" with my alchemy, just like she would do with her painting.
Malley: *face palm* And I'm the one hiding from the orderlies...*runs off, flailing*

After extracting herself from the alchemy station, it was time for the second purple baby to enter the sim world.

Welcome Mulberry! See? There was a connection! You know, "all around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel..."? I told you I wasn't crazy?! *listens to orderlies* Back to Briarcliff Asylum from American Horror Story for me? *Lowers head in shame* Fine...

So, the Matsuri's had another rare occurrence at the house: a useful maid. This maid would care for Emi and snuggle her and all that. It was pretty sweet.

He also did the same thing with Mulberry once he was a toddler. Speaking of which, it was time for his toddler birthday. Griselda decided to make another guest appearance.

No purple eyes again, but the blue ones did make a reappearance in the gene pool.

Bree took over potty training this time around.

Malley: Are you sure that's an appropriate topic to be teaching your son about??!

Mulberry, thankfully, didn't seemed to be scarred too bad.

In fact, he learned how to walk, talk and potty without issue.

That's all for this update! See you next time (after I escape the asylum, of course  :o

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 34- Pop! Goes the Weasel! (Sept 28)
« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
"all around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel..."?

Pretty sure it was a cinnamon bush on my kiddywinkies' recordings - although the sound quality was so terrible that it could have been almost anything, if I'm honest.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »
"all around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel..."?

Pretty sure it was a cinnamon bush on my kiddywinkies' recordings - although the sound quality was so terrible that it could have been almost anything, if I'm honest.

It could have been. I've seen all sorts of different variations, but the one I'm familiar with is "around the mulberry bush" so I went with that since the spare is named Mulberry in this generation.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2015, 06:47:46 PM »
It was Mulberry bush for me too. *joins Malley in hiding from the Briarcliff orderlies, we must be very quiet*

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2015, 01:24:14 AM »
I have absolutely no idea on the Mulberry reference, with English no being my firts language and all of that, but I sure love the name  :P

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2015, 03:28:09 AM »
Just delightful toddler spam. *sigh* So cute, even though no one got the purple eyes. It was mulberry bush for me too, btw.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »
It was Mulberry bush for me too. *joins Malley in hiding from the Briarcliff orderlies, we must be very quiet*

Oh good, I'm not the only insane one *eye twitch*

I have absolutely no idea on the Mulberry reference, with English no being my firts language and all of that, but I sure love the name  :P

It comes from a nursery rhyme called "Pop Goes the Weasel." We also used the tune to learn an equation in math back in high school (the quadratic formula). Is it bad that I can still recite it, even though I've been out of high school for years  :o

Just delightful toddler spam. *sigh* So cute, even though no one got the purple eyes. It was mulberry bush for me too, btw.

The purple eyes are not dead, though...They shall make a triumphant return at some point  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2015, 09:34:53 PM »
I feel betrayed by the toddlers this generation, no purple eyes! Of course talking about death is the first thing you teach your kids! It's in the How Not To Parent 101 book!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2015, 03:09:12 PM »
Wait? They taught you a SONG to learn quadratics?!? Man, I so wish I'd had your school! And now I'm curious about the words to that song :S

Real shame the purple eyes didn't show up but those toddlers are cute enough without them!

Oh and it was a mulberry bush here in South Africa too... Although we don't have mulberry bushes here, we have mulberry TREES! Got one in our garden and its like 10m tall already!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2015, 03:24:54 PM »
I feel betrayed by the toddlers this generation, no purple eyes! Of course talking about death is the first thing you teach your kids! It's in the How Not To Parent 101 book!

She must have borrowed a copy from Olivine  :o

Wait? They taught you a SONG to learn quadratics?!? Man, I so wish I'd had your school! And now I'm curious about the words to that song :S

Real shame the purple eyes didn't show up but those toddlers are cute enough without them!

Oh and it was a mulberry bush here in South Africa too... Although we don't have mulberry bushes here, we have mulberry TREES! Got one in our garden and its like 10m tall already!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I've taken a math class, but here it goes (obviously to the tune of Pop Goes the Weasel): "x is equal to negative b, plus or minus the square root of b squared minus 4 a c, all over 2 a."

My junior year math teacher would be proud that I remember that all these years later  ;D

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2015, 12:50:29 PM »
It definitely wasn't a mulberry bush for me either, although I can't remember what sort of tree it was, or even whether a tree featured at all. I like the quadratics version :D

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2015, 01:33:07 PM »
It was mulberry bush for me too, even though I've only seen them grow in huge trees. I guess the rhyme has regional varieties (funny thing for the people who grew up with it being a "cinnamon bush," cinnamon comes from trees too. Mulberry bushes exist but are pretty rare).

I had a math teacher who loved using songs to illustrate concepts. He actually was a musician before he took up teaching, so I wonder if he just made up a lot of his own tunes for that. This was a loooooong time ago, when reviewing fractions was still a necessity for us young students, so he had a song about dividing numbers by 1 or by themselves.

ANYWAYS, those are some cute babies!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2015, 03:23:39 PM »
Ok @Trip now you have to share the math sing! My curiosity just can't stand it! I dunno, do mulberries grow in bushes in England? I know you can go berry picking in the countryside (in all the old Brit shows I've watched lol) maybe they got bushes there?
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2015, 02:47:12 PM »
It definitely wasn't a mulberry bush for me either, although I can't remember what sort of tree it was, or even whether a tree featured at all. I like the quadratics version :D

I couldn't remember either, but I looked it up and the webpage confirmed that it was mulberry bush. The last time I "sang it" was in my senior year math class in high school, which was a few years ago needless to say...

It was mulberry bush for me too, even though I've only seen them grow in huge trees. I guess the rhyme has regional varieties (funny thing for the people who grew up with it being a "cinnamon bush," cinnamon comes from trees too. Mulberry bushes exist but are pretty rare).

I had a math teacher who loved using songs to illustrate concepts. He actually was a musician before he took up teaching, so I wonder if he just made up a lot of his own tunes for that. This was a loooooong time ago, when reviewing fractions was still a necessity for us young students, so he had a song about dividing numbers by 1 or by themselves.

ANYWAYS, those are some cute babies!

Good to know that my math teacher wasn't the only crazy one who taught us songs to remember stuff!

Ok @Trip now you have to share the math sing! My curiosity just can't stand it! I dunno, do mulberries grow in bushes in England? I know you can go berry picking in the countryside (in all the old Brit shows I've watched lol) maybe they got bushes there?

I'm in the US, so I'm not entirely sure either. I know that you can go berry picking for things like strawberries or blueberries and apples, even though they're not berries per se..., but not so sure about mulberries. It's a nice color, though!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2015, 10:17:44 PM »
Chapter 35- What it Means When You Say 'I Do'

Greetings once again from Third Time's the Charm! This shall be a much less insane installment, though I offer no guarantees *eye twitch*

Let's start off with Emi's child birthday.

Here is Eminence, again dressed in her namesake color.

She gained the Supernatural Fan trait.

So, Emi was one of the lucky heirs that didn't have to start her supermax until her teen years. That meant that she got to enjoy presiding over her royal court.

Emi: Bow to me, Watcher!
Malley: I thought it was the other way around...
Emi: That's what you think  ;)
Malley:  :o

However, Emi did decide to play around with the logic table when she grew tired of her subjects.

Soon, it was also time for Mulberry to celebrate his child birthday.

And, why yes, that is Bree ignoring her son's birthday and deciding to play the piano she pulled out of her nightie pockets instead.

Here is Mulberry.

I suppose that Bree's piano playing influenced him because he gained the Virtuoso trait. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but Mulberry is also a Heavy Sleeper and Genius.

He and Emi were best friends, thank goodness.

I find the spouses in sims to be some of the most understanding people ever. From immortal dynasties to this lovely decadynasty, the spouses will pretty much let you do anything to them. For example, Cobalt willingly let Bree use him as her guinea piggy and have potions chucked at his head.

Well, I suppose that's what they mean when they say "for better or for worse" in the marriage vows...

Cobalt was saved from the barrage of potions when it came time for Emi's teen birthday.

Here is teen Eminence.

Now that she's a little older, you can see that Emi does not have a pudding face. She really grows into her traits and she turns out gorgeous. Emi gained the Schmoozer trait.

Emi decided that it would be better to be safe than sorry and avoid Bree's onslaught of potion flinging by learning some alchemy herself. In this household, no one was safe from Bree.

I wasn't kidding.

But it was all worth it in the end because Bree completed her lifetime wish with one last husband torture.

That's all for this update. Now, I'm off to watch some hockey and American Horror Story: Hotel. This is a good night  ;D

anything