Author Topic: No Strays or Neighbourhood Pet Adoption *Solved*  (Read 11234 times)

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
No Strays or Neighbourhood Pet Adoption *Solved*
« on: May 25, 2016, 07:06:21 PM »
I'm sorry if this exact topic has already been discussed but I cannot find a fix anywhere. So for a few months now I've had no way of adopting pets in the neighbourhood. There is no neighbourhood pet adoption in map view either. I've had no strays, unicorns or anything lately either. I have gotten rid of all Custom Content, uninstalled and reinstalled Pets EP and checked the paper every day. I try adopting from the shelter but they only have maybe two or three animals available.

*Solved*

This issue was caused by a mod conflict.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: No Strays or Neighbourhood Pet Adoption
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:17:27 PM »
I usually don't play with strays on or have pets in my households, But the pet adoption place pops up after awhile some where in the neighborhood.

Something you can try is to Reset the town.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 07:38:20 PM »
I usually don't play with strays on or have pets in my households, But the pet adoption place pops up after awhile some where in the neighborhood.

Something you can try is to Reset the town.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Thank your for the advice. I'm going to try it now :-)

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 08:59:18 PM »
Unfortunately resetting the town hasn't helped...

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »
I don't play with the pets expansion any more, but as I have later expansions are installed, I notice there's a checkbox for animals on the screen where you can choose which life states you want to allow in your game, and whether or not you want celebrities and your family to become celebrities.

A silly question, perhaps but you've enabled pets/strays in that screen, haven't you?

ETA: Did you start the game before or after you had pets? If it was before, that may have something to do with the problems you are experiencing.

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 09:25:04 PM »
I don't play with the pets expansion any more, but as I have later expansions are installed, I notice there's a checkbox for animals on the screen where you can choose which life states you want to allow in your game, and whether or not you want celebrities and your family to become celebrities.

A silly question, perhaps but you've enabled pets/strays in that screen, haven't you?

ETA: Did you start the game before or after you had pets? If it was before, that may have something to do with the problems you are experiencing.
No, not a silly question at all 😊 I have all the check boxes ticked and started this particular game after I reinstalled Pets (I uninstalled and reinstalled it to see if that would fix my problem)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 09:42:42 PM »
Hmm... This is making me curious as to what's happening with your game. If you're willing to give me a little while to play-test a little I'll see what I can find?

I can take my current household into a fresh new game to see if/when I get the pet adoption center. Even though I don't play with strays or pets checkmarked in the options I still get the pet adoption center after awhile.

How long game-days wise that will take I don't know. But I'll do the play-test and let you know how it goes. This may take a day or two real-time.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »
Thank you 😀

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 10:27:53 PM »
Do you have scripting mods ? MasterController ? Overwatch ?

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 10:38:39 PM »
Yes, both from Nraas

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 02:54:39 AM »
@Rissa

A little update, nothing much to report really, but that I'm getting the same results so far. No adoption center and only a couple each of cats, dogs and horses that can be chosen from.

However, my family has only been in Sunset Valley a couple-few days. So this may change with more gameplay.

Silly me, canceled the newspaper like always. *Blush* So I can't check that at the moment. But will renew it when I get back in-game tomorrow.

I did turn off stray animals via Nraas Register. But I don't think that affects the adoption center from appearing later in the game.

As in one of my current games, it has an adoption center. But I've been playing that game for a couple real-time months.

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 03:43:49 AM »
Thank you MrsFlynn :-)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 09:27:23 AM »
 I know you mentioned taking out custom content, and I'm sorry if this is a repeated question, but did you take out your mods and wait a few sim days to see if that influenced the number of pets? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the problem and I'm seeing if it is possible the mods could be causing an issue.  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 12:43:11 PM »
@Rissa

I resumed getting the newspaper. It looks like the same pets you find via the newspaper can be found by phone.

The neighborhood adoption became available a few days after starting the game. So that leads me to believe your game maybe glitched some how.

You may want to try a new test-game yourself to see what you can find. If after a few in-game days your new test-game shows a neighborhood adoption. Then you know there's something wrong with the original game.

I'm not entirely sure how to fix that. When I get game glitches like that I usually take my family and their house into a new game and just on from there.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »
At least one of the NRaas mods (sorry, can't remember which) has an option to disable strays. Might be worth checking your mod settings.