Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236886 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »
Hi Rebekka. I'm pretty close to you. My family lives in Bloomington. I'll move this to the intro thread.

mordana666

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2010, 07:00:20 PM »
Hi everyone - I suppose I should have introduced myself earlier, but here goes

My name is Su Sims, 47 years young, 'bookworm' and 'over-emotional'. I started playing the game when my then boyfriend, now second husband, bought it. He was intrigued to find out what a game bearing his name would be like. He hated it, but I loved it, and have been playing ever since.

I live in Ipswich, England, and have five children and a dog. If I was a sim I suppose I'd have successfully completed the 'surrounded by family' LTW. My eldest is 30, and my youngest 17. I am a BA, and was awarded my first class honours degree 5 years ago. I majored in History. It's possibly my proudest moment apart from being a mother, as going back to school as an 'oldie' was difficult.

This site has given me so much guidance over the past few months, and it seems so friendly, I just wanted to be a part of it. Anyhow Hi to evryone  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2010, 07:29:18 PM »
It's great to have you part of the community, mordana!

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »
Hi mordana, I used to live fairly near you :-) nice to have you join us, and congratulations on the degree!

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »
Hi everyone! I've been lurking here on the forum for the last month or two. I want to start participating in some of the challenges so I should probably introduce myself.

I was a big fan of The Sims when the original game was released. I had every expansion pack through Unleashed. I played the game so much that I believe it was the direct cause of my carpal tunnel syndrome. After my surgery I stopped playing The Sims. I didn't get the remaining expansions and I never played The Sims 2 at all.

Shortly after The Sims 3 was released I came across a link to the Alice and Kev blog. Then I went to the Apple Store to get a new MacBook Pro and they were showing a demo of The Sims 3. I decided to buy the game and it didn't take long before my Sims addiction returned.

When I got bored with the original game I had created my own challenges to make it more interesting. At that time I had no idea there were other people out there doing the same thing. I've found quite a few Sims 3 challenges and I've been having a lot of fun with them. I'm looking forward to trying some of the challenges on this forum.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »
Hi! Welcome to the Forum!

Maybe you could share the challeneges?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

The more, the merrier!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »
Hi TheCub and welcome!

We'd love to hear some of your challenges.  You can post on the Proposed Challenges, if you'd like.

Also, I recommend a trackball mouse and a wrist brace to prevent future carpal tunnel syndrome.  I use a Logitech trackball and I absolutely love it.  It puts much less strain on your write because the motion is more in your fingers.  A brace also helps a great deal, giving your wrist additional support.  Lastly, an ergonomic keyboard helps, too. 

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »
Hey everyone! My name is Annie. I'm technically from Illinois, but have been doing different seasonal jobs (camps, etc.) in different states and within the last 6 months have lived in Illinois, Indiana, and Colorado. I graduated college in April and I'm trying different things in order to figure out what I want to do. I've been playing sims I think since the original game came out. My sister had it so I always played her game.

I'm excited to play the challenges as that as something I haven't done much of yet! Unfortunately, I probably won't be around long because starting in April I'll have very limited computer time and probably no time to play.

But I'm excited to be here while I can and look forward to getting to know everyone!

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2010, 12:07:39 AM »
wow, lots of newcomers!

if i were a lolcat i might say something like...

"DIS IS TEH UBER-AH-SUM-CHEEZBURGER OF FOREMS IN TEH INTERWEBS!!!  I CAN HAS WEBPALS?"

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2010, 12:18:44 AM »
"DIS IS TEH UBER-AH-SUM-CHEEZBURGER OF FOREMS IN TEH INTERWEBS!!!  I CAN HAS WEBPALS?"

That made me laugh!  I Can Has Cheezburger is one of my favorites!  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2010, 03:37:14 AM »
since i have been lurking for a while and posting in the challenge forum and a few other threads, i guess it is just fair to introduce myself ;) .

i am from germany, not yet 40 (although that will change within the next month), married, two kids, working full-time in software-development, and have enjoyed playing the sims ever since the original game came out. in fact, i just recently bought some new shelves for my office at home to put my ever-growing collection of sims games in ;D (sims 1 + all expansions, sims 2 + all expansions and stuff packs, all stories games, and now sims 3 and wa). my husband is not very fond of the sims since they take up too much of my time, but he is nice enough to bring me new expansions and stuff packs the day they come out (he works right in the center of town and can go shopping much easier than i do ;) ). the biggest danger to my computer time is my oldest daughter, who just learned how to read and now wants to use my computer to play a sims game of her own ::) ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2010, 03:42:12 AM »
Welcome ik!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2010, 04:27:05 AM »
I'd like to direct some folks to this thread:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=465.0

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2010, 04:38:33 AM »
I'd like to direct some folks to this thread:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=465.0
Are you referring to my posts? Feel free to tell me directly, I much prefer it that way. I can try to capitalize, but since my native language has totally different rules on that I can not guarantee to get it right. The same goes for Grammar and spelling. English is not my native language, I learned it in school way more than 20 years ago, so you are free to edit my posts if what i write does not come up to your standards. Or just tell me if you prefer only to have people post here who feel secure in using your language.

[Edit:  I never would have guessed that English isn't your native language.  Seriously.  :)  -Pam]

anything