Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236931 times)

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »
Welcome Cel.  I too am a stay at home wife/mother.  I do home schooling for my youngest daughter of 3 and my hubby is in the navy and stationed in another state for the next who knows how long.  I understand about being away from friends and family and just know that I am here if you want to chat. 

Cel_sims3

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2009, 04:12:55 PM »
aww..thanks wild. Where is your husband?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2009, 04:18:31 PM »
Currently my husband is in San Diego, CA.  Could end up there for the next 3 years with home visits on leave every 6 months or so.  Thank god I have been at this for almost 20 years and am used to it by now.  It is harder on the kids and the dogs then me.  Keep your chin up!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2009, 10:56:43 PM »
Oooo, Welcome to all the new members!   ;D  Try some challenges they are fun!

Carl how many members before your baby is considered a toddler? :D

Happy Simming!

I guess we'll see that when I can refresh once ever 15 minutes or so and always see a new post. We are growing in members, but we have a lot of silent people that log in and don't ever post. Seeing the site hit #1 for Sims 3 guide will also age her up in my eyes ;)

vintage

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2009, 08:36:50 AM »
Yeah, I just joined but always used this site for help. :D

Been playing Sims for about the past 5 months now.

It rocks. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2009, 04:20:22 PM »
Hi Vintage!  Welcome to the Forum.  I'm glad you decided to leave a post.  Everyone here is really nice and helpful, so if you have questions, just ask.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »
I have been playing some of the challenges so now it is time to introduce myself. 

My name is Teresa.  I am a moderator on the boolprop forums and a member of Neighborlysims forums.  Probably a few others although those are the only ones where I am active. 

I live in central Texas and I am married with two kids, three cats, and a dog.  I quit working in 2007 when I realized I had been working at the same company for exactly half my life (42years/21years).  Since that time I have been helping my dad out with his business doing financial analysis and I am currently a substitute for a local school district when they call me.  My daughter is graduating from community college this semester with her Associates and then, hopefully, will be transferring to a state university to finish up her Bachelors in Linguistics.  My son is in his last year of high school and I aam really looking forward to the empty nest, although I will miss their noise and mess and eating all the food.

I started playing Sims 1 in August of 2005.  After a few months playing I picked up Sims 2.  I have every expansion of both and was extremely excited to see Sims 3 release.  I like to play "shorter" challenges in that I get bored by the 3rd generation of the longer ones.  That being said I have completed a regular legacy and an alphabet legacy in Sims 2 and recently completed a regular legacy in Sims 3.  I have an apocalypse in progress, which I have not touched in a few weeks. 

I found this site while looking for maps of collectibles and then I found something else - new challenges I have never tried - and I was hooked. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2009, 11:57:16 PM »
Hi Teresa! 

We're certainly glad you found us and decided to hang around.  I'm in Texas, too (the DFW area) and just came back from a weekend trip to Fredicksburg down in the Hill Country a couple of weeks ago.  And since you're a boolprop moderator...  would you tell me what that is exactly?  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2009, 06:04:42 AM »
Boolprop forums is a very large and active Sims community.  That was the first forum I ever joined related to Sims and I stuck around long enough that they made me a moderator, just over 3 years now.  It is a good community, but very big.

http://www.forums.boolprop.com/index.php

I am just south of Waco but I have family in Frisco and Commerce so every once in awhile we have to make the long trek to DFW area.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2009, 03:59:51 PM »
Boolprop forums is a very large and active Sims community.  That was the first forum I ever joined related to Sims and I stuck around long enough that they made me a moderator, just over 3 years now.  It is a good community, but very big.

Ah...  what I actually meant is what is boolprop.  I've seen the term around and thought maybe you would know what it means.  Sorry for the confusion.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2009, 04:18:18 PM »
LOL  boolprop was the cheat command for sims 2 - now it is testingcheatsenabled true/false, before it was boolprop testingcheatsenabled.  There were many cheats that fell under boolprop  code.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
Well, that explains why I don't know about it.  I've only played Sims 3! 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

SenPain

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2009, 07:37:23 PM »
Hi, my name is Senny Paine and I am a Sims addict... [Hi, Senny].  I've been playing Sims since, oh, I was in third grade?  That would make me what, eight.  Yea, eight.  And yea, that means I started with The Sims.  Acquired all the many expansion packs for that, then Sims2 came out.  I played that for the first time at my cousin's house.  And then I acquired Sims2 and all expansion and stuff packs except for Celebration- which is insanely hard to find like everywhere in Texas.  And then Sims3 came out.. And I am eagerly awaiting the 16th of this month.  Might I notify you that the 16th is a new moon?  New moons symbolize new beginnings, it is when The Maiden, The Mother, and The Crone restart their cycle.  I think EA planned this, and if so, I think we have much to look forward to!

On other information about me I write, I have a website, I love the Beatles, Shakespeare, Emilie Autumn, and books- all books.  I'm a senior in high school, its such a drag.  I'm a Cancer-Leo Cusp, and a Sheep in the Chinese zodiac.  I really don't like to argue, I find it pointless.  After five years in high school (I dropped out the end of last year to find myself, so I didn't graduate last year as planned) you just learn to agree and not cause problems.  

I like to talk...  And to make friends... And the person who says he loves me doesn't like it when I talk about "pointless bs" such as sims.  Which is when I was looking up what traits to pick for a liftetime wish and found Carl's Sims3 Guide and saw it had a forum- oh was I pleased!  I now have people to talk to!  The Sims3 forums confuse me, and I get lost, so this simplicity with an easy way to return to the main site, well this is the bees knees!

So, who wants to be my friend?! Anybody!?  If you decide to be my friend contact me on any of my messengers, or use my MSN messenger to email me, because its the same.  And I don't need you spamming my school email.  That's for my teachers to spam.  Silly teachers.  

(I did say I like to talk, right?)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2009, 12:05:30 AM »
Hi Senny and welcome to our Forum!  We're very glad that you found us.  We've got a good group of people here and I hope you'll enjoy your stay.  Please note that I edited your post for a bit of inappropriate content as this is a strictly family-friendly site.  You may message me directly if you wish to discuss further.  Thanks for understanding!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

gigi

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »
heeeeey! my name is Gigi, came across this guide when i googled 'why does my evil sim have a red glow?' lol

it's so informative and i just wanna thank you because i know you guys put in alot of hard work!

i just LOVED the sims when i was in grade school and i gave up on it after awhile. a couple months ago i bought sims 3 because i was curious to see if the same game i loved as a kid was even better as an adult, but i stopped playing after 1 night! it was so confusing, lol.

the past couple weeks i've had alot of free time so i picked it back up and so glad i did cause it's AWESOME. i like sims 3 so much i even went backwards and even got sims 2 cause i wanted to play that one also!

anywho, just wanted to introduce myself, happy simming :)