Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1248984 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2009, 05:37:25 PM »
Gigi, welcome to the site. Did you find your answer on the red glow for your evil Sim? That's what happens when they hit Emperor of Evil status in the Criminal career.

gigi

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »
yes i did! it was freaking me out because my sim was playing tag with his kids and all of a sudden i noticed this red glow behind him. i thought that meant he was tired or something, lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2009, 02:17:02 PM »
Welcome Gigi!

i like sims 3 so much i even went backwards and even got sims 2 cause i wanted to play that one also!

That's cool, Sims 2 is a really, really good game too, even more so with some of the expansions. I find it hard to go back now that I've gotten used to the features of Sims 3 but I do miss a lot of things from TS2.

You should have a male sim use the expensive telescope a lot outside at night, weee! :o :D

Offline RCHaynes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 04:03:36 PM »
Hi folks! Been lurking in the shadows a while, and decided today I actually had something intelligent to say.
I never played The Sims, but my husband played all the expansions. When he got The Sims 2 I was gradually pulled in (resistance is futile..  :D) and we had lots of fun comparing how our towns came out. When 3 went on reserve I couldn't resist the green plumbbob USB drive so I had to get us both that.
I really, really miss a lot of the choices and different items available in Sims 2, but as 3 gets more expansions I'm hoping it closes the gap. I can't wait for a University-type expansion! The world needs more toga parties.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 04:08:16 PM »
RC: Welcome! Yeah, I liked University too. It was nice to be able to get a jump start on the career, although you had spent as much play time in the university as it would have taken to get those promotions anyway. it was a very different play experience, though, which is what these expansions usually hope to achieve -- I'm most looking forward to running my own business and having a pet, but yeah, we must wait a couple years for all our wishes to be fulfilled.

Waltz

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2009, 03:09:58 AM »
Hey, I'm Waltz.

I have been on this site, not joined, and loved what I found and decided to join. Which was about two hours ago. I found Carl's Guide off of google, around a month ago. I was looking for all of the promotions on each job, to help me know which skills to work on first. Then I happened to stumble onto the guide, and liked what I saw, then found the forum for it.

I've played TS2 and liked it enough to get two expansion packs(Bon Boyage(to which I haven't even downloaded yet) and Nightlife). Then, since I loved it, I got TS3.

Anyways, I hope all of you have a good night(or day).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2009, 03:31:10 AM »
Hi Waltz!

Welcome to the forum.  We're glad you found us!  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2009, 04:41:26 AM »
More or less formerly introducing myself here.
You can call me Draigh. I'm from the Netherlands where I am studying psychology. Always had an interest in different kind of games and that included the Sims. I have been playing them on and off for the last couple of years, mostly Sims 2. But I have to say that I like the Sims 3 more with the whole integration of family with neighbourhood. Too bad of the recent bugs in those patches.

Anyway... ended up here after I was looking for something, and found the whole guide. Have linked it since and used it often to check things. Am currently very curious about the whole Nectar making stuff. But due to the last patch I lost my saves and had to start over.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »
Welcome Draigh. I have a psychology degree from St. Louis University, so we have a common interest. I put the education to use every day when I try and make sense of why my 3 girls do ridiculous things. Typically, the light bulb goes on and I say, "Oh, yeah. I did the same thing."

It's great that the site is attracting players from all over the world. It brings us all together in our common love for a game and we educate each other in our differences and perspectives in the process.

Offline mespunky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2009, 09:51:50 AM »
MY name is spunky or mespunky, i have been blogging on like RPG and i recently quit (because they are addicting and my mom got me in trouble because of my grades) anyways, i started simming with the sims 2 and when the released the Sims 3 i was overjoyed I'm addicted. I am still learning how to build so i spend most of my time making and playing families. I found this forum through Carls Guide because i was having troubles with something and i recently got up the courage to join. I love the atmosphere here its so great. Anyways there isn't anything really that special about me.

--MESPUNKY!

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2009, 03:29:25 PM »
because they are addicting and my mom got me in trouble because of my grades

Aww! Spunky! I must tell you that although this game is fun, and an escape from our everyday lives, it is important that you focus on school. I am certainly not lecturing by any means! I promise! Sometimes adults say things, and it's like yeah ok whatever - but there is conventional wisdom that comes with age. Sometimes I think we say things but forget what it's like to be a kid / teen again!

Anyways there isn't anything really that special about me.

Everyone has something that IS special about them. Never, ever forget that. I was the fat kid in school that everyone made fun of. People talked about me all the time. I did well in school because frankly, that is the ONE thing that no one could take away from me. Eventually, they made fun of that too. Being smart and fat - double whammy! I overcame all that, though it was hard at times. It all worked out though. This forum is wonderful, and there are many, many people here who are willing to help and listen, so welcome!  ;)
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Schipperke

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2009, 04:09:09 PM »
I just got high speed internet and discovered this great site.  I started playing Sims a few years ago when I was being treated for ovarian cancer, and it has become my winter addiction (it's TOO COLD in Saskatchewan in winter!).  My characters are mostly named after my dogs; the current favourite is Sir James of Schipperke.  Thanks to all who have posted their game experiences and tips.  Love the pictures!

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2009, 04:48:40 PM »
Well glad you did Kreathyr. It's up to number 20 nowadays :)

On google I was going to search carl sims 3 guide, but once I typed in "Car" your site was up under the suggestions; I am not certain if it was a one time thing or not however.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
Welcome to Schipperke and Mespunky! I'm so happy you found us and decided to join the forum. A big thanks to everyone for coming and growing with us. And thanks, too, for all the kind words. We appreciate you!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline mespunky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
yeah Bogie74 i got my grades back up so my mom is happy!