Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1264584 times)

Offline Mixuneko

• Nooboo
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4260 on: March 09, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
Hi there!

I'm Mixu! I'm a long time visitor to Pam and Carl's Sims 3 page and decided to join the forum today! I absolutely LOVE everyone's stories! I was enthralled for like 3 days with all the different challenges and impressed at how creative and supportive everyone on the Forums is so here I am!

I'd like to try my first Sims 3 challenge and my first Sims 3 Story line. (is that what we call it?) I'm a long time Sims player and even longer time story teller I just never really realized you could put the two together so well! (Yeah not my brightest moment)

So, naturally, I have a few questions and if all of these are answered on another part of the Forum feel free to kick me over to where I belong (With my apologies of course >.<)

-From what I understand, players refer to themselves as "Watchers" and are (sometimes) omnipotent and in charge of their sims. Easy enough.. am I off by much on that? lol

-Are there any challenges that would be easier then others or best to complete for someone first starting?

-Is there a section where we're allowed to just freely play and write out the story of our sims or is it only for Challenges?

-(this is a random one) I've never (confession) let my sims die before. The extent of my play is to have an immortal God that can do anything cause I spent 90 hours doing everything on them, hence why I'm so eager for something new. Has anyway else done this? And was playing through generations of your sims family more enjoyable?

-Lastly, any random tips for a new comer? :)

Thanks, hope to hear back from some of you! :)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #4261 on: March 10, 2013, 01:16:30 AM »
Hi there!

I'm Mixu! I'm a long time visitor to Pam and Carl's Sims 3 page and decided to join the forum today! I absolutely LOVE everyone's stories! I was enthralled for like 3 days with all the different challenges and impressed at how creative and supportive everyone on the Forums is so here I am!

I'd like to try my first Sims 3 challenge and my first Sims 3 Story line. (is that what we call it?) I'm a long time Sims player and even longer time story teller I just never really realized you could put the two together so well! (Yeah not my brightest moment)

So, naturally, I have a few questions and if all of these are answered on another part of the Forum feel free to kick me over to where I belong (With my apologies of course >.<)

-From what I understand, players refer to themselves as "Watchers" and are (sometimes) omnipotent and in charge of their sims. Easy enough.. am I off by much on that? lol

-Are there any challenges that would be easier then others or best to complete for someone first starting?

-Is there a section where we're allowed to just freely play and write out the story of our sims or is it only for Challenges?

-(this is a random one) I've never (confession) let my sims die before. The extent of my play is to have an immortal God that can do anything cause I spent 90 hours doing everything on them, hence why I'm so eager for something new. Has anyway else done this? And was playing through generations of your sims family more enjoyable?

-Lastly, any random tips for a new comer? :)

Thanks, hope to hear back from some of you! :)

Welcome Mixu!
My, I don't think i've commented in this thread since I introduced myself way back whenever it was.

The term Watchers actually comes from The Sims Medieval. How people play as a Watcher is up to them in any game they play, and any story they write.

There are Miscellaneous Challenges here, plus some people like to start out hard with something like the Immortal Dynasty Challenge. Others still like Legacies.

The Miscellaneous and Legacy boards are generally where people post whatever Sim stories they want.

I personally have never done so, although others might have. I like to play through generations, it gives me a chance to see what sims appear from story progression, and what the descendants look like.

None that I can think of for the moment, but there are threads that have hints and tips for Legacies, the different Dynasties, and other threads that ask and answer questions.

Just look around for something to read, or start your own story, or even just ask for help with problems or things you don`t understand. We`re generally a friendly bunch, and I hope to see you around the forums one day.  :)

~Anna

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4262 on: March 10, 2013, 03:41:39 AM »

Welcome Mixu!
My, I don't think i've commented in this thread since I introduced myself way back whenever it was.

The term Watchers actually comes from The Sims Medieval. How people play as a Watcher is up to them in any game they play, and any story they write.

There are Miscellaneous Challenges here, plus some people like to start out hard with something like the Immortal Dynasty Challenge. Others still like Legacies.

The Miscellaneous and Legacy boards are generally where people post whatever Sim stories they want.

I personally have never done so, although others might have. I like to play through generations, it gives me a chance to see what sims appear from story progression, and what the descendants look like.

None that I can think of for the moment, but there are threads that have hints and tips for Legacies, the different Dynasties, and other threads that ask and answer questions.

Just look around for something to read, or start your own story, or even just ask for help with problems or things you don`t understand. We`re generally a friendly bunch, and I hope to see you around the forums one day.  :)

~Anna
Welcome Mixuneko! Enjoy the challenges. If you aren't fond of letting your sims die, try an Immortal Dynasty or a Lifestates Dynasty. You need to keep your founders and heirs alive for the whole game, but the rest of the family dies off. You get the best of both worlds! Anna, I couldn't have said any of the rest any better myself.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline SimsFreak26

• Nooboo
    • My Simblr!
« Reply #4263 on: March 10, 2013, 06:00:11 AM »
Hi Everyone!
My name is SimsFreak26 (or HeathH737 for The Sims 3 Exchange)
I hail from Australia and I've been playing Sims since I was six years old (I'm now 16 so that's a looong time)
I like Mi Goreng noodles x3

Have a nice day! :)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #4264 on: March 10, 2013, 06:52:08 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, SimsFreak26!

I've been playing since I was about four and I'm 13 and half now so I've been playing a long time too! I'm sure a lot of people here have been playing for a number of years, too.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline kellykennedysims

• Nooboo
« Reply #4265 on: March 10, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »
welcome everyone

Offline maddyfiren

• Nooboo
« Reply #4266 on: March 11, 2013, 11:31:27 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm maddy. I've been playing the Sims since the beginning, probably first played it when I was 4 or 5, though it didn't interest me much (I played Everquest, so the "character creation" was really lacking for me.) I started playing the Sims 2 around release, got a few expansions for Christmas, and then got all the EPs from a friend when 3 came out.  ;D Right now I have all the EPs for Sims 3 and I typically play on and off for a month or so at a time. I'm not really into stories and stuff, but I enjoy reading other people's stories and reading about their experiences with the game. Figured I might as well introduce myself and try some challenges while I'm here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimsFreak26

• Nooboo
    • My Simblr!
« Reply #4267 on: March 12, 2013, 03:33:45 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm maddy. I've been playing the Sims since the beginning, probably first played it when I was 4 or 5, though it didn't interest me much (I played Everquest, so the "character creation" was really lacking for me.) I started playing the Sims 2 around release, got a few expansions for Christmas, and then got all the EPs from a friend when 3 came out.  ;D Right now I have all the EPs for Sims 3 and I typically play on and off for a month or so at a time. I'm not really into stories and stuff, but I enjoy reading other people's stories and reading about their experiences with the game. Figured I might as well introduce myself and try some challenges while I'm here.
Welcome :)

Offline Paulo

• Nooboo
« Reply #4268 on: March 12, 2013, 02:55:04 PM »
Hello all. Enjoying the site,very useful. Like some of the forum posts too so thought I'd post myself.

Played the Sims 1 year ago and loved it. Been playing the latest version for a while since I upgraded my PC.
Thinking about doing some of the challenges to spice up the game play a bit. I've had a go at one so far,  but made a mistake so...

Louise56

« Reply #4269 on: March 16, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »
So many new members! Welcome everyone. ;D

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4270 on: March 16, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »
Oh, here's the Intro thread.

I'm SimAd and I am a Sims player. Or something like that. :-)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #4271 on: March 16, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
Wow. It's only been a little over a week. Welcome everyone! Welcome to the forum. Hope you guys find everything you are looking for. I have been on here for who knows how long and I am still finding out new things. This place is great.

Oh, here's the Intro thread.

I'm SimAd and I am a Sims player. Or something like that. :-)

I love it! Hello and welcome and all that stuff.  :)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4272 on: March 17, 2013, 03:28:28 AM »
Welcome SimsFreak, Maddy, Paulo and SimAd! I hope you all enjoy this forum for the rest of your Simming years!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Louise56

« Reply #4273 on: March 18, 2013, 06:07:52 AM »
Welcome SimAd! Enjoy the forum. :)

Offline plumbbobparadise

• Nooboo
« Reply #4274 on: March 19, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »
This is not an introduction but a RE-introduction.

I own practically all the Sims games, all the way back to Sims 1, yes even the failed Medieval series.  The only ones I don't have are the console games and the MySims series, which I had no interest in in the first place.

I had an account here about a year ago.  That's when I quit playing Sims for awhile.

Then I got Seasons and University about a week ago and now I'm hooked again.  Even started playing one of my old saves. 

anything