Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1264518 times)

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4485 on: July 21, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »
Hi all, I'm a 47 years old, live in Mass all my life, semi-retired, and have been a long time gamer.  I remember to this very day the very first coin-op game I played was called Dominoes which was out even befor Pong.  Ahh.....the good ol' days......When I got my first computer I was immediately hooked on strategic type games and some rpg.  Did this till Sims 1 came out and I remember stumbling onto this website to see what info I could find about that game.  The first thing that hit me was the site looked slick.  Didn't stick around too long but popped in and out for help and guidance.  Got bored with the game, played some stuff, didn't really played the second sims due to some reason it just didn't appeal to me like the first one did.  Picked up the 3rd, played it a bit, came here like I did for the first sims, faded away thanks to those MMOs especially WOW, got tired of the majority of the players who play mmos, decided to try sims 3 again and I'm back with a renewed vigor.  And look I'm actually posting for once instead of lurking around.  :P

There's one thing I would like to say is thank you so very much Carl for running one incredibly awesome website dude.  When I came back to the site for 3 I was blown away at how much of it grown.  Once again thanks!

I also like to thank all the people who took the time out of playing the game and of course their real life stuff <which is sims 3 of course  :P> to write the the tutorials and the other stuff.  Thanks to you guys & gals my sims IQ have increased.  Once again thanks all!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4486 on: July 21, 2013, 03:47:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum wkoziol!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #4487 on: July 21, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »
Welcome, wkoziol! Enjoy the forum.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #4488 on: July 23, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »
Hello everyone ^^
I just signed up here today, you can call me Namaya :) (Most people turn it in to Nam to make it shorter). I am a 21 year old girl from the Netherlands and a simsplayer ever since the very first game! I always preferred Sims 2 over sims 3 for a very long time (mostly because of the graphics), but now that I got a fancy new laptop I decided that it might be fun to permanently switch to the sims 3 (I am a bit late, since sims 4 is already in the making e.e'). Anyways, I'm not a total noob to sims 3 I did play it last year for a couple of weeks, but I'm still not very familiar with the game and I hope that this forum will turn me into the simsplayer I was at sims 2! My biggest hobby next to playing games is writing, so I'm considering on creating some stories on the sims! I have been a writer for a very long time already, but writing sims stories will be the first thing I will write in english completely. I hope you guys will forgive me in advance for any grammar mistakes :P. I tried making sims movies for a while but ** that is a LOT of work so I guess I'll just stick to screenshot stories ^^.
I hope to have lots of fun on this forum, I'm a highly active person when it comes to communities where I feel at home, so I'm hoping this will be one of those communities as well! Pleased to meet you all~

BTW: I got all expansions and I'm already getting dizzy because I don't know where to start haha.
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4489 on: July 23, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum Nam! I started playing The Sims 2 in February 2011 but switched to The Sims 3 that September. I'm looking forward to reading your stories and don't worry too much about mistakes if English isn't your first language. We will all be willing to help out should you make mistakes. English is a hard language to learn, I've heard (English is my first language, so I don't have first-hand experience).
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4490 on: July 24, 2013, 05:02:29 AM »
Welcome to the forums everyone! I just know you will love it here!  ;D English is the only language I know, but it's pretty easy to pick up, I think. Maybe not though, I'm not sure! 

Louise56

« Reply #4491 on: July 24, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »
Welcome Nam! Enjoy the forum. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #4492 on: July 24, 2013, 07:56:43 AM »
Thank you ^^ Luckily my English is good enough to talk and understand fluently, but when it comes to writing I'm kind of a perfectionist :P.

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #4493 on: July 28, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »
Hello, everyone! I go by Loon on the internet, and I'm relatively popular on the deviantART forums as the resident wackadoodle. I'm almost eighteen, the proud mother of four cats, fluent in German, and I've been writing stories for a very long time (I have some posted on the internet, so you can PM me if you want to read them).

I've known of the Sims series since 2005, but I finally got my hands on the game for Christmas 2012, and I started lurking these forums back in February because I was bored in math class. Now I finally got around to making an account.  ;D

I sometimes come off as a very grumpy person (Grumpy Cat and George Carlin are my spirit animals), but I'm actually very nice once people get to know me. I'm just a neurotic mess with a short fuse.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4494 on: July 28, 2013, 04:57:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum Loon! That's a very long wait to finally get your hands on a game!
Bubbles's Workshop

Louise56

« Reply #4495 on: July 28, 2013, 05:23:07 PM »
Welcome Loon! Enjoy the forum. :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #4496 on: July 28, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum!! Are you planning on posting any stories on here?

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
« Reply #4497 on: July 29, 2013, 04:58:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum Loon! That's a very long wait to finally get your hands on a game!

My parents didn't like it because of the Teen rating but I finally started wearing them down in my early teens. Victory for me after seven years.  :D

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
« Reply #4498 on: July 29, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum!! Are you planning on posting any stories on here?

Oh yes, I am. I currently have about three different dynasty files going, and I'm going to see about posting the official cheat-free one I'm doing once it actually gets moving.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #4499 on: July 29, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »
Oh yes, I am. I currently have about three different dynasty files going, and I'm going to see about posting the official cheat-free one I'm doing once it actually gets moving.

Great! I will be looking forward to that one ^^.

The Beastly Legacy

anything