Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1248454 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3960 on: October 12, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »
I'm a long time MMO gamer, starting with UO in 1995.  I roleplay in MMOs - I love "becoming" my character.  I also love BioWare single-player RPGs.  I am in love with John Shepard from Mass Effect.  No, I am not ashamed of that fact.  :P 

How I got started with The Sims is because one of the writers of Dragon Age posted that she had made a Sims 3 household with the characters she was working on (this was before release) and some funny stuff happened.

Welcome to the forum, Cedia!

I didn't realize one of the Dragon Age writers played Sims 3! Do you happen to remember which one?

Since you're a fan of Bioware, have you tried The Old Republic? I played it for a few months, and they had some very cool stories. (I particularly like the Agent stories, though I liked them all) There isn't a free trial that I'm aware of, (though I think it's going Free to Play) but if you have the money, it's worth trying out, if you're interested in the story aspect of MMOs.

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #3961 on: October 12, 2012, 06:54:37 PM »
I love rain!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kal El

• Nooboo
« Reply #3962 on: October 12, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Hello Everyone !! Just wanted to say Hi *waves*

Leto85

« Reply #3963 on: October 12, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »
Hello Everyone !! Just wanted to say Hi *waves*

Kal El? Kal El, aka Clark Kent aka Superman? Welcome to the forum! And 'hi' from me back! :)

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #3964 on: October 12, 2012, 08:09:02 PM »

I didn't realize one of the Dragon Age writers played Sims 3! Do you happen to remember which one?

Since you're a fan of Bioware, have you tried The Old Republic? I played it for a few months, and they had some very cool stories. (I particularly like the Agent stories, though I liked them all) There isn't a free trial that I'm aware of, (though I think it's going Free to Play) but if you have the money, it's worth trying out, if you're interested in the story aspect of MMOs.

Hmm... Sheryl Chee maybe?  I think that's who it was.

Star Wars Old Republic, what a sad story.  EA made the BioWare doctors "retire" after it flopped.  *shakes fist*

I got into beta and played the heck out of it.  Then when it released I played two character stories out to the end -- Cedia as a Twi'lek Smuggler (I love Corso! *squee*), then a Sith Sorcerer (gotta love Steve Blum as the space pirate).

But when the stories ran out... well, I got bored and there was really nothing more to keep me playing.  I was hoping they'd release more storylines in the form of DLC, but alas, no.  :(

Offline PinKat

• Nooboo
« Reply #3965 on: October 12, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.  :D I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

Offline SimFreeek

• Landlubber
  • Townie
« Reply #3966 on: October 13, 2012, 08:22:12 AM »
Hey guys new guy here! I just started playing Sims 3 for like a few weeks. Currently have Base, Ambitions and Late Night installed. I havent installed other EPs because there are so many things to do and explore this game will keep me entertained for a really long time!

Whenever I googled some TS3 related questions the wikia.com for the TS3 and this one keeps coming up. And the guides are really interesting and offers a lot of useful information. I've been lurking in these forums for quite a while now but I guess it is fun to join the community too!
"Woohoo! British Nina!"
"Eep! He bid sold toy!"
-Sim

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #3967 on: October 13, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Kal El and SimFreeek!
I love rain!

Louise56

« Reply #3968 on: October 13, 2012, 01:20:39 PM »
Welcome, Cedia, Kal El and SimFreeek! :)

SimBlip

« Reply #3969 on: October 14, 2012, 05:30:38 AM »
Have a great time, cedia, Kal El and SimFreeek! :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3970 on: October 14, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Kal El and SimFreeek!  I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Jan68

• Nooboo
« Reply #3971 on: October 15, 2012, 07:15:24 AM »
Sweet! Found this place after I Googled 'Sims 3 spawners'. What an awesome place! I'm a writer and I love playing/creating on Sims 3 to relax. I can't wait to dive in!!!!! 

Louise56

« Reply #3973 on: October 15, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jan68! ;D

Leto85

« Reply #3974 on: October 15, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
Sweet! Found this place after I Googled 'Sims 3 spawners'. What an awesome place! I'm a writer and I love playing/creating on Sims 3 to relax. I can't wait to dive in!!!!! 

Aha, another writer! Our readers will be pleased.

anything