Author Topic: House Hunters Challenge: The Baker's Dozen  (Read 34695 times)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: House Hunters Challenge: The Baker's Dozen
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 07:17:08 PM »
Can you guys clarify something.  I interpreted the rules as you just buy and leave the one object,  and that is the only thing you can do the house.  Is that correct?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 07:27:13 PM »
Can you guys clarify something.  I interpreted the rules as you just buy and leave the one object,  and that is the only thing you can do the house.  Is that correct?

Well, in previous years, yeah, that was totally the case. But, does it really matter if you do change things up? Lena's spreadsheet makes it clear -- you only score the value of the houses (which you would only get when you are searching for the next house unless I am missing something) and the single objects you leave behind. So, it's not like you can dump a ton of objects on the lot and write down that value anyway. I remember in Sims 3 that was the case. Paintings appreciated value, etc.

EDIT: Ah, wait a minute. I found this...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26573.0

Yeah, so it would probably be best if all homes remain untouched with the exception of the one object. It keeps things simple. So, the following rule was changed a bit at the end...

• Before you move from each lot you are only allowed to leave one item behind. Aside from this one object, do not change anything on the lots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 08:20:24 PM »
Quote from: christinal3106 on Today at 07:17:08 PM

Well, in previous years, yeah, that was totally the case. But, does it really matter if you do change things up? Lena's spreadsheet makes it clear -- you only score the value of the houses (which you would only get when you are searching for the next house unless I am missing something) and the single objects you leave behind. So, it's not like you can dump a ton of objects on the lot and write down that value anyway. I remember in Sims 3 that was the case. Paintings appreciated value, etc.

EDIT: Ah, wait a minute. I found this...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26573.0

Yeah, so it would probably be best if all homes remain untouched with the exception of the one object. It keeps things simple. So, the following rule was changed a bit at the end...

Before you move from each lot you are only allowed to leave one item behind. Aside from this one object, do not change anything on the lots.

So we don't need to furnish houses then? That's a relief, I'm still going to give this one a miss, as having to put up with the houses the way they are and not being able to change anything will drive me nuts, lol.

I could use a break from Tournament Challenges anyway, I don't want to burn myself out (I do that with the Sims game every now and again), it will give me a chance to play my other saves.

I will be playing in the Rugrats Challenge however, so I'll see everyone there. I wish you all the best for this one. :)

Offline workingmum8

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:47 PM »
Hi

I'm not quite sure how quickly depreciation works in the sims 4, so do we make a note of the value of each house when we buy it, or when we sell it?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:36 PM »
Hi

I'm not quite sure how quickly depreciation works in the sims 4, so do we make a note of the value of each house when we buy it, or when we sell it?

Well, it would have to be when you sell it, right? Because that's when you plop down your item and that has to be figured into the value.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »
Now, I'm really confused.

Don't we simply note the name and purchase price of the furnished lot (house + lot) before moving in, then type both into Lena's spreadsheet?
Or do we base the house/lot worth on the "Lot Value" figure in the top left corner of Build mode, right before moving out?

Lena's spreadsheet has a place to input the name and value of the item we leave behind as well. Do we input the purchase price or sales price of such items?
I'm not even sure why I'm fretting about this now. My rug rats are calling me! *runs off

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 03:01:17 AM »
We will discuss this in the team and return with a reply.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 03:36:52 AM »
Making money should be interesting if we can only buy and place our unique item! Makes the challenge even more interesting IMO.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 05:08:07 AM »
Making money should be interesting if we can only buy and place our unique item! Makes the challenge even more interesting IMO.

The rules say "you are only allowed to leave one item behind" I read this as "you need to remove all items but one which you will leave behind". Maybe I am not reading it right?

Also we are buying Satellite Dishes on all our properties, are we selling all of them or are they allowed to remain on the property but we don't count that value? *goes back to her emails

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 05:20:41 AM »

The rules say "you are only allowed to leave one item behind" I read this as "you need to remove all items but one which you will leave behind". Maybe I am not reading it right?

Also we are buying Satellite Dishes on all our properties, are we selling all of them or are they allowed to remain on the property but we don't count that value? *goes back to her emails

Yeah, i would have thought this, but i read the full convo in the posts for this challenge and Metro mentions "all homes remain untouched with the exception of the one object".
That made it sound like we don't remove any items but are only allowed to add one object at each lot.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 05:29:02 AM »

Yeah, i would have thought this, but i read the full convo in the posts for this challenge and Metro mentions "all homes remain untouched with the exception of the one object".
That made it sound like we don't remove any items but are only allowed to add one object at each lot.

Hmm. My understanding would be: we are not allowed to move or remove any of the original objects that came with the house, we can only leave one item behind and whatever other items we might have bought we would need to sell. If we are only allowed to buy only one single object we can't buy the Satellite Dish also the money making would be horrible unless there is organ donor carrier and I didn't discovered that yet  ::) But we can wait for the team to clarify that.  ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 06:03:00 AM »
Ugh...this is getting sooo complicated and that stresses me out. I did not want it this way. Lena messaged the team and her understanding was how this would work is your score for houses is the value listed at the neighborhood screen when you pick houses. Then, it really does not matter if you move things around or buy other objects. The only other score is the value of the one unique object. Make sense. I apologize if I am confusing things, but the upside is this is precisely why we post rule sets a couple weeks ahead of time. :)

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 07:48:03 AM »
Ugh...this is getting sooo complicated and that stresses me out. I did not want it this way.

Sorry Metro  :-[ We don't want you and the rest of the team stressed out!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2018, 07:49:31 AM »
Be patient everybody. :) I promise you by the end of today this rule set will make a lot more sense. I posted it yesterday a bit rough around the edges. I think I accidentally veered off course with a couple things and now know where the team wants to go with this. So, hold off on more questions for now and wait until I make a couple updates. The team just needs to collaborate. Stay tuned.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2018, 01:17:04 PM »
Okay, the rules have been tweaked. Take a close look at them before you continue to ask for clarifications...see if things make more sense and if your questions are answered.

anything