Author Topic: Back To Basics ID - Graveyard Please  (Read 6329 times)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Back To Basics ID - Graveyard Please
« on: February 20, 2019, 02:33:10 PM »
When I say back to basics ... I mean back to basics. As far as towns go, I have the choice of Sunset Valley or Sunset Valley, so Sunset Valley, I choose you! I also have Into the Future loaded (yes, with its noted issues with skill opportunities of non into the future skills.

My founder is Baktu Baysix, did you notice what I did there? Yes, I'm sure you noticed, and if you did, I noticed you noticing. I suppose you'd like to see my Friendly, Athletic, Flirtatious sim who Loves the Outdoors and is a Great Kisser. Oh, and he wants to be a Professional Athlete ... I'm sure his Supermax Skill and Maxed Career are obvious to you. Say hello, Baktu.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Baktu - Hello, Baktu

Yes folks, I cringed while I typed that.

Baktu - Do you mind? I'm about to put my friendliness into action.

Don't forget the flirtiness and the great kissiness. I gave you those two things for a reason.

Some of you probably worked out who Mr Baysix is visiting from his previous picture ... but in case you didn't ... here's another picture of the future Mrs Baysix.

Yes, its Aggie C! At least this time she won't be chained to a sculpture station and doing portrait painting instead of completing her life time wish! Instead she'll be spending her time doing the gardening and the fishing and the cooking in addition to the portrait painting instead of completing her life time wish. Poor Aggie

A few interactions later in the home ...

Followed by a meal across town - hey, Baktu paid for the meal, Aggie, driving to the diner in your car isn't too much to ask, is it?

And Baktu and Aggie Baysix are married. No wedding gifts, but there are also no paparazzi so its all good.

While Aggie headed home to paint, Baktu went to join his career and get started on his athletics skill.

Then Baktu went home to continue work on his athletics skill.

And to test out the plumbing in the All In One Bathrooms with Aggie (how I missed thee All in One Bathroom)

Exhausting work and so they go off to sleep.

I can't do my usual "Aggie can't travel overseas or go to uni - she's pregnant" check on her phone in this simpler version of the Sims 3 ID, so I need to wait for her to be nauseous. (I play with sound off). So Mr Baysix goes off to work.

And Aggie is nauseous for no reason and then changes clothes at the easel.

Generation 2 is on the way! But will it be a boy or a girl? Mumma Aggie wants a boy, Dadda Baktu wants a girl. Three days are all we need to see.

Gen 1 - Baktu Baysix: Level 4 Athletics Skill and Level 2 Career; Become a Superstar Athlete LTW; Discount Diner, Fertility Treatment, ? Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Agnes Baysix; Hawking the Foam Finger, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; No Museum Portraits

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: Back To Basics ID
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »
When I can afford to, I always send the mother to be to the day spa for the full range of treatments
While Agnes is out getting her back pain dealt with, Baktu is home, telling other sims about the upcoming birth of a little Baysix ...
Working away on his athletic skill ...
Or getting to know his team mates better
Baktu - Monica! I'm gonna be a daddy soon
Monika - Yes, you told us in the locker room yesterday, and the day before that and the day before that! Now, about your team of toddlers ...
Baktu - I'm only having one! And it'll be a nooboo first!
Monika - *!@#
Yes, Baktu has risen through the ranks of the Professional Sports Career and is currently at level 3 - Toddler Sports Coach
Then one night, this happened ...
Baktu - waffles! I want waffles for breakfast!
Agnes - fine, in the morning, I'm making waffles!
Baktu - that's very donkey of you, my dear
Agnes - are you calling me an ass? I know its big ... but ...
Baktu - no, Donkey from Shrek said that in the first movie.
Yes, that came to my my mind when I saw Agnes baking waffles one morning for breakfast. Believe me, I cringed as I thought it and when I started to type it.
Sometime after the waffles discussion ... this happened
Followed by this ...
Then Baktu followed Aggie to the hospital like a little puppy ...
Before Baktu got his wish for a little daughter ...
A friendly artistic nooboo called Beyondthe.
Aggie started the rooftop garden (I love that into the future growing plants carpet)
With the harvestables she purchased on a shopping trip - only having four common harvestables in game meant I bought multiples of each (and also 10 of each fish available for sale); she also stopped by the bookstore to buy herself cookbooks and toddler development books for Beyondthe
Meanwhile, Baktu put Beyondthe in her crib and returned to working on his athletic skill ... cardio this time and Aggie updated her look to a more modern (you might say futuristic) style
Gardening in her pjs ... whatever will the neighbours think?!?

Gen 1 - Baktu Baysix: Level 4 Athletics Skill and Level 3 Career; Become a Superstar Athlete LTW; Discount Diner, Fertility Treatment, ? Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Agnes Baysix, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?; Hawking the Foam Finger, Health and Wellness Seminar, ?, ?, ?, ? Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; Museum: Young Adult Portrait
Gen 2 - Beyondthe Baysix: No Skill and No Career; No LTW; ?, ?, ? Unique LTRs; Best Friends: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?; No Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; No Museum Portraits

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 11:48:13 PM »
This is really interesting! Will you be adding more expansion packs with each heir?

I'm actually doing abase game ID myself! Gen 3 just became a young adult. I look forward to seeing how this goes, and I'm really digging Aggie's new look.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 04:27:23 PM »
Thanks Trident, I'm finding the Game Play new and refreshing. So much I'm accustomed to comes from the extra expansion and stuff packs, worlds and premium content - eg days off work due to marriage/babies, harvestables, Self Employed Careers, tablet for faster learning, my favourite LTRs etc. I am not, however, missing the celebrities. No, I'm not adding additional packs per generation. I am going for Hall of Fame with this ... here's hoping I get there.

I like the Aggie look as well. I figure, I've got Into the Future, I have to put up with a total lack of skill challenges from the base game skills, so I will clothe my sims with Into the Future outfits whenever possible AND use Into the Furniture Doors/Windows/Furniture/Furnishings/etc whenever possible. I like the look of them, and it makes me geek out to think they are using things inspired by Sci Fi and Space Exploration.

After Aggie's adult birthday was missed by me (she was in the back yard and spun and I thought oops), I kept a close eye on the darling little Beyondthe (henceforth Bey) as she spent three days asleep in her crib in between getting changed, fed, snuggled and played with by her parents.
Birthday cake for the birthday girl
Bey - It's green! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
Bey - A mirror! A chest of drawers! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Let's crawl thatta way
Bey Baysix New look [There are no hairs or costume makeups for toddler girls (with or without hats/additions with Into the Future) but there are outfits]
While Bey read toddler books about painting, Baktu and Aggie discussed parenting responsibilities while eating copious amounts of cake.
Aggie - I want to see Bey learn to walk and talk. They are two skills, and I don't have a job. I'll see that she can do both before childhood.
Baktu - *Sigh* I want to see Bey learn to potty and become a genius. I will look after her potty training.
Bey - Red! Red! Red! while pointing at each colour in her books.
Aggie - You run your workshop tonight at Town Hall, don't you? You'd have enough time between now and then to perhaps potty train Bey.
Baktu - Fine
Aggie - and so I don't interrupt, or get called on to empty the potty between poops, I'm going to head out and get some special seeds you need some life fruit and death flowers.
Baktu - Whatever
Aggie - You wouldn't want to miss out on reaching immortality, now, would you, my dear?
Baktu - Oh, of course not.
Aggie - I mean ... I'm not doing this because I want to ... I'm only thinking of your dynasty!
Baktu - Just go, my love, I will look after the poop training.
Aggie - bye *and Aggie headed off at a fast pace*

And now for the latest musical to hit BroadSim ...

Aggie *singing* - Find a special seed and put it in your pocket
Baktu *singing* - you can poop it ... there's nothing to it
Aggie *singing continues* - It'll grow into a plant one day
Baktu *singing continues* - you can poop the whole day through

Gen 1 - Baktu Baysix: Level 10 Athletics Skill (1/3 Skill Challenges) and Level 6 Career; Become a Superstar Athlete LTW; Discount Diner, Fertility Treatment, Collection Helper Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Agnes Baysix, Beyondthe Baysix, ?, ?, ?, ?; Hawking the Foam Finger, Health and Wellness Seminar, Inter-Office League, ?, ?, ? Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; Museum: Young Adult Portrait

Gen 2 - Beyondthe Baysix: Painting Skill and No Career; No LTW; ?, ?, ? Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Baktu Baysix, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?; Research Paper Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; Toddler, Child Portraits

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 12:45:27 AM »
Bey's a cutie! Lol, love how Aggie and Baktu split up the parenting duties. Team work makes the dream dynasty work!

I totally understand what you mean by finding the game play new and refreshing. I thought I would be bored with my own ID dynasty, but it's some of the most fun I've had Simming in ages! "Back to Basics" indeed, you really remember what's fun about the game. (But man do I miss the Motive Mobile.....)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 06:07:36 AM »
I miss the Motive Mobile and the Dusty Old Lamp, the No Bills Ever ... LOL

Aggie looked after teaching Bey to talk ...

While Baktu worked out on the treadmill ...

Then Aggie taught Bey to walk
While Baktu worked out on the weights ...

The Toddler portrait of our 2nd Generation heir

Toddler spam - some with Dadda and some by herself - and a tired little Bey.

Then the big day arrives and little Toddler Bey has her birthday ...

To become child Bey.

And then the childhood makeover ...

Gen 1 - Baktu Baysix: Supermaxed Athletics Skill; Level 8 Athletics Career League MVP; Become a Superstar Athlete LTW; Discount Diner, Fertility Treatment, Collection Helper Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Agnes Baysix, Beyondthe Baysix, ?, ?, ?, ?; Hawking the Foam Finger, Health and Wellness Seminar, Inter-Office League, Brand Image, Ticket Counting, ? Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; Museum: Young Adult, Adult Portraits

Gen 2 - Beyondthe Baysix: Level 7 Painting Skill; No Career; No LTW; ?, ?, ? Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Baktu Baysix, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?; Research Paper, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; Museum: Toddler, Child, Teen Portraits

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 12:55:52 PM »
Agnes strikes again!  ;D

Got to say,  I'm loving reading this! I bet it's 100% refreshing going back to the basics of the game. I don't think I could do it, but I applaud you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 07:33:55 PM »
Aggie's always had a special place in my heart, even more so since I've gotten to know an Agnes in real life ... Her name is also shortened to Aggie, but her surname is Kemenes. :)

Bey's childhood simply seemed to fly! Unlike her toddlerhood which conversely seemed to drag on forever. (I know that they are both the same length of time in game - I guess its the difference between the toddler at home needing to have other sims care for her versus the child at school.

As is my usual practice, Aggie gets started on Bey's portrait straight after the new look.
Bey starts on her painting skill - due to toddler book learning, she starts at level 3 painting skill.
She also does her homework each night and easily makes the A.
At school each day she meets new friends and talks to them ... she was born early enough to have a couple of days of primary school with Donna Ursine. On her way home from school one day, she passed her parents ... doing parent things.
Which they continued doing after she passed them.
I mean ... parents do it. (Line borrowed from The Addams Family Musical)
Both Baktu and Aggie wanted Bey to be a genius on her age up ... so she became a genius and a teen!
And Bey's Teen makeover with ITF hairstyle and clothing and base game makeup.
After posing for her portrait, she went back to school for her first day as a high school student, and befriended Sandi French who was nearing the end of her schooling. Despite the age gap, Sandi went home with Bey to do homework ...
Away from each other ...
And to dance ... together.
Some days she didn't take the bus, and instead road her bike to school.
And her parents still did parent things to each other right outside their front door and right before she went to school most mornings.
End of her first week of high school, and Bey has an A, and has managed to meet Sandi French (now a YA), Sam Sekemoto (late teen), Donna Ursine (teen) and Willard Keaton.
Game has killed Cornelia Goth rather early - Tuesday or Wednesday Week 4 - but Gunthor is still alive and kicking. The game has also made Mortimer the partner of Bebe Hart.

Next up, we study the athletic efforts of Baktu and the fishing exploits of Aggie.

Stats as at Friday Week 4
Gen 1 - Baktu Baysix: Supermaxed Athletics Skill; Level 9 Athletics Career Superstar Athlete; Become a Superstar Athlete LTW completed; Discount Diner, Fertility Treatment, Collection Helper Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Agnes Baysix, Beyondthe Baysix, Monika Morris, Leighton Sekemoto, Dustin Langerak, Narcissa Vatos; Hawking the Foam Finger, Health and Wellness Seminar, Inter-Office League, Brand Image, Ticket Counting, Spiraling Out Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; Museum: Young Adult, Adult Portraits

Gen 2 - Beyondthe Baysix: Level 7 Painting Skill; No Career; No LTW; ?, ?, ? Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Baktu Baysix, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?; Research Paper, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; Museum: Toddler, Child, Teen Portraits

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 10:00:05 PM »
It's so nice to see Agnes and Baktu be so lovey-dovey It's adorable. A bit of an odd friendship between Bey and Sandi, but hey, if it works it works!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
Aggie has a special place in my heart as well. I have played her through thick and thin over the years. Reading about her again is tempting me to start a new Aggie game.

I love the ITF expansion, and I'm actually rather fond of the basegame. I never had the courage to play a dynasty though.

Enjoying the read here, too! Thanks for posting your story and keep up the good work :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »
This is going to be tricky with so few skills and jobs available. Best of luck!

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 07:19:26 PM »
Yep ... at least ITF comes with some skills and jobs lol ... oh and I forgot which of the gardening type activities gave you skill points and thought 'sending my founder to water the garden is ok, it is only planting and harvesting and weeding and fertilising that start off gardening skill ... WRONG! It was harvesting.

So now, I will have the following as supermaxes and careers, I think:
Baktu - Athletics/Athletics Career
Bey - Painting/Law Enforcement (Forensics) Career
3rd Gen - Logic/Medical Career
4th Gen - Cooking/Culinary Career
5th Gen - Fishing/Science Career
6th Gen - Handiness/Military Career
7th Gen - Writing/Journalism Career
8th Gen - Future Tech or Bot Building Skill/Business Career

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 10:25:06 PM »
3rd Gen - Genius/Medical Career

You mean Logic, right?
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 10:26:45 PM »
Yes, of course, Logic not Genius ... I wrote genius to see if anyone was paying attention, of course I was *shifty eyes*

I know I promised the fishing exploits of Aggie and the athletic exploits of Baktu this update, but I got caught up with other things, and that hasn't really happened ... so instead of that, I give you a different update including a demonstration of why me writing poetry is a bad idea. :D

As you know, Aggie and Baktu loved to do parent things outside their house in the broad daylight, which embarassed their teenage daughter, Bey immensely.
And so Bey rushed to school ... in the background are Wilbert Keaton, Donna Ursine and a blondish/whitish haired girl whose name escapes me at the moment.

Bey worked her way ...
to an A ...
Hooray ...
and there she did stay ...
until her last teen day ...
on Week 5's Saturday ...
Now that's out of my system, how about the others?

Aggie is now gardening and fishing ...

Baktu rides his bike to and from the sports stadium for his athletic career ...

in between doing parent things with each other.

Mortimer is painting and repairing and kissing Bebe in front of her father ...
And trying to make a nooboo with Bebe at the theatre ...
Wait a minute ... Mortimer?
I have no idea what he's doing in this shot ... I just saw him doing it and snapped it :)

Let's go back a step. Mortimer's parents both died, and he was all alone in that big house with no one but ghosts for company ... and so his Aunty Aggie invited him to come and live with her, Baktu and his cousin, Bey. He is BF with Bella, but his partner is Bebe, and the lovely Bella also has a love interest ... Leighton Sekemoto ... Sam was potentially going to be Bey's hubby, but I think I might cause the game to implode if I then try to have the offspring of Leighton and Bella into the family, so we might go for Wilbert Keaton instead ... with awful name and can't stand art trait and all. I guess if I refer to Beyondthe as Bey, I could always refer to Wilbert as Bert or Ber.

Stats as at Wednesday Week 5
Gen 1 - Baktu Baysix: Supermaxed Athletics Skill; Level 9 Athletics Career Superstar Athlete; Become a Superstar Athlete LTW completed; Discount Diner, Fertility Treatment, Collection Helper Unique LTRs; Best Friends: Agnes Baysix, Beyondthe Baysix, Monika Morris, Leighton Sekemoto, Dustin Langerak, Narcissa Vatos; Hawking the Foam Finger, Health and Wellness Seminar, Inter-Office League, Brand Image, Ticket Counting, Spiraling Out Opportunities Completed; No Building Owned or Property fully upgraded; Museum: Young Adult, Adult Portraits

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 03:25:57 AM »
House Tour

Figured I would give you a tour around my house to show off my extremely basic building abilities.
The front of the house from across the road.

The four downstairs bedrooms with roped off space for museum items at back of each room. Yellow Museum is Baktu's room, Red Museum is Bey's room, third room currently houses Mortimer. Aggie and Mortimer can access all rooms, Baktu can only access his room, Bey can only access her room. Baktu's exercise equipment is in his room, Bey's personal easel is in her room, each of their rooms also contain an all in one bathroom and a basic computer.

The kitchen, dining and lounge room. Only Aggie and Mortimer can access the kitchen area. 2nd fridge, trash compactor and dish washer are in dining area. At moment, no tv in the lounge area, but they do have a book case with some books in it oh and a radio.

Taking the steps upside, we come to the gardening area. This is really Aggie's domain, but all are encouraged to come and help out - I can see it now - 8 elderly people stooped over weeding, watering, planting, fertilizing and picking from their home garden. I bought the quick grow stand because I couldn't keep the water up to all of the plants, particularly the watermelons. Aggie had her traits slightly modified through a midlife crisis to give herself green thumb and bring the death flowers back to 'life'. This is directly above the kitchen/dining/lounge area on the lower floor.

Here are bedrooms 5-8 for immortals 5-8. In time, these all in one bathrooms will be moved indoors, but for now they are outside to save Aggie et al having to go downstairs to shower etc after spending too long in the garden. Nothing overly exciting up here at the moment ... so if you'll use the stairs at the end of the verandah ... you can see the backyard.

First of all, the fishing pond. This has been populated with fish purchased from the store. With only base game and ITF, there aren't many that can be purchased. Aggie does spend some time here.

In the opposite corner to the fishing pond is the outdoor studio which is used to paint portraits of immortals. This gives the portrait artist and the person sitting (err standing) for the portrait a pleasant outlook while engaged in the museum pieces.

So basically that's the basic house of the Baysix family, it is nothing fancy, but it meets their basic(s) needs!

Note - You will see in the 2nd picture above (the ones containing the museum pieces for Baktu and Bey) that I've gone for the ITF easels rather than the base game easels. The easels with ITF are really cool, I think, because unlike with portraits painted on the base game (and all other easels in game) they can be put above each other. Handy for being able to paint the largest portrait size and not having to take up too much wall space.