Author Topic: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 15)  (Read 120713 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 4)
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2020, 01:34:56 PM »
Maria Gothario 2

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Even though I'm the "torch holder" for the dynasty now, Mama Corn still does a lot around the house, like harvesting the money tree.

She also finished writing a screenplay, which she's sent off to the publisher. She says that I should wait until I'm older to read it.

And she even went down to the police station to complain that someone has been tipping over our trash can. Note: it wasn't me, it wasn't Angela, and it wasn't Vivian. She and Mama Olivia were talking together about getting a restraining order there.

I'm starting to pick up a few more chores, like taking care of the laundry. This helps me work towards one of my scouting badges, so I don't mind too much.

The three of us are all in scouts together, and it's fun doing the "secret" handshake with my sisters. It's so secret that only the half a zillion of us who are in scouts know it.

I have also had fun working on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, playing on the climbing bars with Vivian...

...and trying to beat the Keyboard Commander game. Robin Newbida had a couple of tips for me on that.

Robin is a teen now, but she chatted with me for a few minutes when I went over to the park. My biological father was there, too, but he didn't talk to me.

I was going to say hi to him, but there were too many other kids around. I'm working on the Social Butterfly aspiration now, so I needed to meet lots of new people. Besides Vivian and Angela, the people there were Nanette Landgraab on the rocket ship, Toby Zest, Justice Lee-Scott, and some girl that left before I could meet her.

Anyway, Vivian is still working on Rambunctious Scamp, but Angela finished up the Artistic Prodigy aspiration (and also gave me the opportunity to pick up the Civic Responsibility badge by cleaning up her mess).

That's all I have to report. I got an A at school, but I still have to wait a while before I can become a teen. Boo-hiss.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 6)
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2020, 09:16:05 AM »
Dion Caliente 1

Dion has been having a tough time as a teen and dynasty torch holder. Besides school, he has drama club every weekday afternoon. "So borrrring," he says.

And besides school and drama club, he has to keep the family computer in good repair. "Most kids get to start out with a toilet, but me, I get to fix the computer. I'd just better not get electrocuted."

His father Hugh hasn't been much help. He spends most of his time studying for his own classes.

Just two more to go, and then he'll have his degree in Art History.

Dion's mother Nikita, however, has become his good friend. She's gotten a promotion, too.

Little brother Luis has been a mixed bag, getting an A at school, but also falling asleep on the sidewalk. And despite Dion's efforts to get him to dance, Luis never completed his Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

Luis has joined Dion as a teenager now.

"Can I have your room when you go off to college?" Luis asks.
"I'm not going away," says Dion. "I'm staying here, like Dad."
"Bummer."

Sometimes a guy's only friend is his bonsai plant.

Which has shaped up nicely.

And the rest of Dion's garden is doing well, too, especially the money tree.

Last but not least, Hugh has maxed the fitness skill. Things are looking good -- or will be as soon as Dion peels himself off the treadmill.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 8)
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2020, 03:14:32 PM »
I appreciated that the Cottoneyes got a new (tiny) house for a catastrophic reason and that Jonah got inspired by Bleep to learn robotics!
Your new format of one household per update is easy to follow, especially when introducing a new heir.

I still can't get over how much some of the Gen2 kids take after their parents, particularly Hugh Caliente, Sterling Landgraab, and Corn Gothario. :)
Looking forward to your sims attending university from home.
All the families are doing so well that it's easy to forget that you're playing in modified ISBI style!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2020, 04:03:38 PM »
Thanks! Generation 3 will have some familiar faces, too. I think Toby Zest will look just like his grandfather Johnny, and Jonah looks like his grandmother Liberty.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »
I take it Hugh does his coursework autonomously? I always buy packs early, but sometimes it takes me a long time to actually get around to playing with the main features. I've yet to send a Sim to university.

Do you have a favorite family? I can't believe you're on the third generation already!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »
I take it Hugh does his coursework autonomously? I always buy packs early, but sometimes it takes me a long time to actually get around to playing with the main features. I've yet to send a Sim to university.

Do you have a favorite family? I can't believe you're on the third generation already!

Actually, Sims in university are more likely to do their homework autonomously than children and teens. But you have to make them work on their presentations and term papers.

No favorite family (or at least, I try not to). But I have a special feeling for the Curiouses because they were my first in TS2, and the Cottoneyes, because of my dynasty in TS3.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2020, 01:36:52 PM »
Tiffany Landgraab 1

I do wish the Watcher would get her priorities straight. She says she's been busy with the Pancakes this past week. The Pancakes aren't nearly as important as my family. Anyway, there are only the four of us now: Mom and Dad, and me and Nanette.

Nanette and I have been working on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration at the same time -- I'm farther along than she is. I didn't really have to play Space Explorer, but it helped her. We pretended that our Scouts' uniforms were space suits.

Mom has been a big help, stepping in to fix the toilet when Dad was at work.

She also made a floral arrangement. She says that next time I can choose the vase for it.

Mom and I are good friends now. I've been good friends with Dad for as long as I can remember.

Building my motor skill takes a lot of hard work. Luckily, I'm active by nature.

I finally polished off Rambunctious Scamp at the playground in Oasis Springs.

Next up is Social Butterfly. I'm working on becoming good friends with a girl there -- Zara Grant.

That's all for now. Maybe my life will become more exciting when I'm a teen. It's still more exciting than anything someone named Pancakes could come up with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 15)
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2020, 02:33:14 PM »
Haha, Tiffany telling of her Watcher for playing a different save!
And thank you for sharing those University tips! I still haven't sent a sim there!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 15)
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2020, 09:20:17 AM »
Rosa Straud 1

I'm Rosa Straud, and I'm in Drama Club. I live in Windenburg, which is very pretty. This is me, memorizing my lines for our next production.

I have a puppet theater, and I love making plays for it. They're all very tragic.

My favorite character is the Contessa Villareal. Villareal was my grandmother's maiden name and sounds very elegant. I think it means "royal house" in Spanish.

Our house might not be royal, but it's pretty big, big enough that I have a secret room off my bedroom. Grandfather found it one day and fixed the door so that it would always stay open. If I had a cat, I could keep it there, but we don't have enough room for a cat.

That's because my whole family lives here. My mother Celeste teaches at the high school.

My father Brandon is in the military and has to stay in shape. His parents are both dead. His mother was named Jade Rosa, and I'm named after her.

Uncle Frank is my mother's brother. He still lives with us even though he has a girlfriend and a daughter that I'm not supposed to know about. He can't marry his girlfriend because we're a dynasty family. Apparently he was supposed to marry someone else, but that didn't work out. His current girlfriend is evil, so marrying her wouldn't be a good idea.

My uncle Max is evil, too. He's actually my great-uncle Max because he's Grandmother's brother. He's a criminal, but we're not supposed to talk about that. My great-grandfather Jacques was a mob boss, which is why we have such a big house, I guess.

Uncle Hugo is my other great-uncle. He's a chef, and when he goes on a cooking binge, we get all kinds of strange foods to eat in the refrigerator. But right now he's working on mixology, so I mostly have to fix my own peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches.

Grandmother used to be in business, but she retired when she became an elder and her mind started slipping. She comes into my room and plays with my toys sometimes, but I don't mind. That's how I know about Uncle Frank's little girl, and Uncle Max's children. She talks to my toys and tells them all the things that she's not supposed to talk about.

Grandfather ducked just when I took his picture. He used to be a professor of botany, but he's working as a law clerk now. He says that he likes to start a new job when he gets to the top of the previous one. He also used to be a vampire -- at least that's what Grandmother says when she's talking to my toys.

Uncle Max's children live in Willow Creek, and they're my second cousins, or maybe my second cousins once removed. I snuck away one afternoon after Drama Club and became friends with them. This is Vivian.

This is Angela.

This is Maria. She's a dynasty heir like me.

Finally, this is me on Freedom Day. We weren't able to have fireworks, but I managed to have some fun on the water slide in Desert Bloom Park. We have a pool at home, but it was too chilly to go swimming there.
So long for now, Rosa.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 17)
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2020, 02:33:43 PM »
Toby Zest 1

I had to put this picture up -- I think it's so cute. Toby was in a playful mood when he took his selfie. Even though he's the designated heir right now, I'm still doing the writing. For one thing, I'm a writer, and for another he asked me to, for reasons that will appear later.

I'm still trying to find the plumbob snow globe, but I'm building a pretty good collection of posters, too.

My two boys are good friends with each other and also active in Scouts. I'm really proud of them -- excuse me while I go blow my nose.

Anyway, it's been a difficult time. Dad collapsed the other night.

Toby came in and pleaded with Grim for his life. Who can resist a little boy pleading for his grandfather?

Luckily, not the Grim Reaper.

Dad made good use of his extra time, having a grandfather/grandson talk with Toby...

...and another with Nathan. I think Toby is going to look a lot like Dad -- sorry, have to blow nose again.

Toby got a picture of Dad.

He also took one of Mom.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I never studied painting, so Toby's snapshots are really the only pictures we have of them.

That afternoon we learned that Mom needed to get her affairs in order.

And that night, Grim came a second time for Dad. This time Toby's plea fell on deaf ears.

The next day, Toby wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home from school, while Dale and I went to work. Shortly before school was let out, Mom started to go.

"You just took my grandfather," Toby complained. "Can't you wait a bit for my grandmother?"

The Grim Reaper obliged.

But afterwards, he had a short talk with Toby, telling him that death came to all Sims eventually. I got home from work just as Grim was leaving.

Early the next morning, Toby was hard at work on his chemistry set. "I'm going to become a scientist and find a way to keep everyone alive," he said. There were several things I could have told him, like that Mom is probably looking forward to joining Dad, and that we would run out of room if everyone was kept alive. But I had to blow my nose so I didn't say anything -- I'm not sick, by the way, just weepy. I really am proud of him.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 18)
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2020, 10:58:39 AM »
Justice Lee-Scott 1

Justice has been working hard at Arithmetic Attack, trying to become a Whiz Kid before his teen birthday.

A sudden noise makes him get up and go into the kitchen. The noise was his grandmother falling to the ground. Through the window he sees the scythe of the Grim Reaper approaching.

"Please, Mr. Reaper, don't take my grandma," he pleads. His friend Toby had told him that if you just asked, the Grim Reaper would spare your grandparents.

"I hate children," the Grim Reaper growled. "And I've given out my year's quota of backsies, so you're out of luck, kid."

So Liberty Lee's soul was reaped.

The family put her tombstone next to Travis's in back, by the rocket ship. They added the space rock that Liberty had brought back from her travels.

The next thing Justice knew, he was blowing out the candles on his cake. His childhood was over.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 19)
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »
All the kids are so cute! I especially love Toby's selfie at the start of his update.
Toby is very much Johnny's descendant!
It's hard saying farewell to the first generation. *grabs a tissue

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2020, 04:57:48 PM »
All the kids are so cute! I especially love Toby's selfie at the start of his update.
Toby is very much Johnny's descendant!
It's hard saying farewell to the first generation. *grabs a tissue

No good-byes in the next couple of chapters, thank goodness. At least, not any that I'm expecting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2020, 12:13:17 PM »
Oddity Curious 1

"I'm going crazy, Honored Ancestress," Oddity told Cosma. "It's been over a week and I still haven't heard from the university."
Cosma sighed. As soon as she'd become an elder, Oddity had started using the proper form of address. She would have much preferred remaining plain old Mom.
"Why don't you check the computer?" she asked. "That way you don't have to wait for the mail."

Oddity's application was still pending, however.
"You think you've got problems?" his Aunt Brenna told him. "I just turned into an adult, and I'm still at level 2 of my job."

"Not only that, but the cute policeman I met at a crime scene the other day still hasn't called me."

Outside, his little sister -- half-sister -- Zara was working on her motor skills. "You should go to the park," she said. "That always cheers me up."

Oddity did feel better after sliding on the water slide a few times.

He even ran a few lines with his fellow thespian, Dion Caliente. He would have preferred working with Robin Newbida, but she had left the park almost as soon as he arrived.

There was one cute girl hanging around -- Julia Wright. She was a student at the University of Britechester. "Maybe I'll see you around campus," she'd said.

It wasn't exactly a date, but her suggestion put Oddity in such a good mood that he didn't mind when Dion asked him to take a head-shot of him.

Back at home, though, Oddity's good mood evaporated. The acceptance letter had come from the university. He could attend either Britechester or Foxbury Institute, but he couldn't get a distinguished degree in Drama. Oddity had intended to enroll the minute he became a young adult, but now he wasn't sure.

Inside, he washed his hands. After all, there was no telling who'd handled the letter, and these days you couldn't be too careful.

A few hours later, it was time for him to grow up. Oddity still hadn't made up his mind about college. He could still major in Drama, but it would be at Foxbury Institute and a regular degree, not a distinguished one.

The doorbell rang, and Oddity took his egg and toast with him to answer it. The young woman standing there was a knock-out, definitely more intriguing than either Julia Wright or Robin Newbida. She looked sophisticated, competent, and a little bit scary.
"I'm with the A.I. Staffing Agency, and I understand there's someone here who has recently been a member of the Desert Sims Drama Club?"
"Yes, that's me," said Oddity.
"We're looking for prey, I mean clients -- aspiring actors such as yourself to represent for commercials and other gigs. We take only 20 per cent of your pay or a pint of blood, whichever you're more comfortable with. I have a contract here..."
"Sign me up," said Oddity.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 20)
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2020, 08:07:45 PM »
Jonah Cottoneye 1

As he blew out the candles on his cake, Jonah reviewed the memories of his childhood.

There was the time he met someone he thought was a robot in the park. It turned out the person was in costume as a knight and therefore not exciting at all. Luckily his cousin Toby didn't hear the exchange.

And then there was the time some strange woman came in and started using the computer in his bedroom. He found out later that she was one of their neighbors and ran the little stall on the edge of their lot.

She warned him that there was an unusual malady making the rounds in Strangerville. The best way to avoid getting it was to wash your hands...

So Jonah tried that but found out that when he was in his bear costume it took a long time for his paws to dry.

Now that he was a teen, Jonah had more responsibilities. There were 5 more scouting badges he could get, so he started working on "Give Back."

School was a constant, and homework seemed to take longer.

It was so annoying that Jonah came home from school in a very bad mood that threatened to last for the foreseeable future. But a cold shower cleared that up quickly.

Up on the roof Jonah found a new item -- a robot-making station. At last he could start making companions for his little buddy Bleep.

But maybe he would study the subject a bit first. Getting zapped hadn't been comfortable at all

anything