Author Topic: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 15)  (Read 118032 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Apr 21)
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2020, 01:20:38 PM »
I absolutely adore Lilith, and if she does end up wanting to be with Oddity, he should be honored!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2020, 08:56:45 AM »
Oddity is thrilled to be surrounded by strong, beautiful, and intelligent women, but sometimes he feels a bit like a low achiever.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2020, 12:49:38 PM »
Maria Gothario 4

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Harvest Fest was a bit active at our house. All of a sudden we had gnomes everywhere, or at least in every bathroom. Two of them could be appeased with pies.

But one claimed that he didn't like pie. I had to plead with him for forgiveness.

And then it was time for birthdays. I went first.

Angela didn't want anyone to see what she looked like, so no one took her picture while Vivian shot off some confetti.

Finally, Vivian blew out her candles, and we were all teens.

Mama Corn thoroughly disapproves of the way I dress. "Not bell bottoms, dear, and beige and brown are such dreary colors," she says. So I decided to go with orange. "Just don't tell anyone you're my daughter" was her reaction when she saw that outfit.

Vivian still likes pink, and Angela is into blues and purples. Mama Corn mutters about classic colors and how teenagers never listen, but Mama Olivia says if we're going to rebel about something, it could be a lot worse than clothing.

I like to relax with fishing, too, which is something else that Mama Corn doesn't like.

My cousin Rosa came over the other day. She always wears white, and of course Mama approves of that. She suggested that the three of us set up a homework club and invite our cousins Rosa, Tiffany, and Nanette to join.

I did set up a club, but I signed up Toby Zest and Luis Caliente instead. After all, we already know plenty of girls, but we hardly know any boys at all.

Angela already has something going with Justice Lee-Scott, who's headed off to college, but I think Toby might be interested in Vivian.

And Luis Caliente and I are becoming good friends. I don't know whether our Gradebusters club is making much progress academically, but our social life is doing well.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Apr 30)
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2020, 08:29:09 PM »
Well, if Gradebusters Club doesn't actually help the grades, but creates new households, that's a win for the Watcher, right?
A delightful and charming update.  Maria is wonderfully true to her own self and so gloriously aware of Mama corn's disapproval  :=)
Rosa is such a beauty!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2020, 03:43:38 PM »
Well, if Gradebusters Club doesn't actually help the grades, but creates new households, that's a win for the Watcher, right?
A delightful and charming update.  Maria is wonderfully true to her own self and so gloriously aware of Mama corn's disapproval  :=)
Rosa is such a beauty!!

Yes, it's a win. But arranging marriages is going to get tricky in the next generation, trying to avoid cousins.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2020, 03:55:04 PM »
Dion Caliente 3

Sims usually can't live forever -- not without ambrosia or immortality potions. Don Gothario was the first -- or rather, the second to the last, to go.

But he was followed not long after by J Huntington III. Both bros, both handsome, both in good shape, even as elders. And even though they were supposedly noncommittal, they both remained happily married and reached respectable levels in their careers.

Both left saddened family members.

And both were taken by a Grim Reaper resistant to pleading.

"He and Katrina are together again," Hugh whispered to his wife Nikita. "Maybe," Nikita thought, remembering that Don Gothario had gone before.

It's the end of an era. All the founders are gone except the one who used to be a vampire and is therefore immortal -- Vladislaus Straud.

Saying good-by to her grandfather made Maria Gothario sadder than she'd ever been.

Although she cheered up a bit when her friend Luis came over to see her and gave her a hug.

"You need to get a life," he told his older brother Dion later. "Sure, college keeps you busy, but that shouldn't prevent you having fun."

"I have fun," Dion protested. "You'd be amazed how many people fall for the cowplant's fake piece of cake, and that always gives me a laugh."

"Watching Patchy tease the cowplant is not what I'm talking about," said Luis. "I'm talking about making friends."

"I make friends," Dion protested. "There's Patchy...
"An intermittently conscious Scarecrow."

"...and the Flower Bunny..."

"I'm talking about female friends," said Luis. "Get yourself out of this hot tub and go meet someone."

So Dion went to the park and played chess with Amanda Hecking. They talked while they played and soon discovered that they were both goofballs who loved the outdoors.

Time passed, and they didn't realize how late it was getting until they noticed all the children filing out of the park.

"I still have to finish college," Dion told Amanda, "but I'll definitely give you a call when I'm done."

Back at home Dion fixed himself a vegetarian meal and worried that his father might also need him to plead with Grim.

But Hugh survived to become an elder.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (May 5)
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2020, 07:40:07 PM »
Tiffany Landgraab 3

Even after I became a teen, my little sister Nanette and I continued to do a lot of things together -- dancing, of course, and also Scouts.

And let's not forget the time-honored practice of asking Mom for advice. I don't know why Nanette thought that Mom would know what she should do to become a ninja, but I guess when you're a child, moms know everything.

And finally, Nanette was ready to become a teen, too.

Adolescence hadn't changed me much. I moved quickly from Pegasus to Llamacorn Scout.

And working out was still something I enjoyed doing.

But Nanette? All of a sudden, she became weird. She dyed her hair purple, started wearing black, and began writing poetry.

I asked her why.
"I don't want people thinking I'm your twin," she said. I pointed out that we didn't look all that much alike. Her nose is different, and her chin sticks out more. "That's not the point," she said. "You don't understand."

I went off to shoot some hoops on my own.

I'll probably be put on the soccer team in college, but a girl can always dream about basketball.

With an A at school and Llamacorn rank in Scouting, I was ready to become a young adult. I can start developing my relationship with Carl Newbida now.

But first I have to go to college. Fingers crossed that I get accepted.

Oh, and I almost forgot -- Dad reached the top of the Entertainer profession. Way to go, Dad!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (May 6)
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2020, 03:49:32 PM »
I love the resemblances between the third generation kids and the founders! 
Both Caliente boys inherited Vlad's nose!

Ohhh, I hadn't realized that you're waiting for heirs to finish college before moving out.
That makes sense. Although if you're playing with the Active Household only setting and sent a kid to live on campus, would his family back home stop aging?
Timing for university still confuses me.  I will continue to read and learn. :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2020, 05:33:31 PM »
I think that if I sent my students to University, the family at home would not age. In this challenge, the families all stay on the same lot.

Actually, the Caliente boys have Vidcund Curious's nose. Brendon Rosa, Vidcund's other child, only inherited his blond hair.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2020, 08:38:37 AM »
Oddity Curious 4

Some things never change. Little Venusia is not a fan of the high chair any more than Zara was. In fact, since she's a bit wild, she's even more likely to throw her food around.

Sitting in an armchair is much preferable.

A bath afterwards is good, too.

Zara is becoming a teen.

Her big brother Oddity is there to sing for her.

As a goofball and dance machine, Zara plans on a career as a comedian.

Meanwhile, Oddity has a couple of favors to ask of his Aunt Brenna: "I have an audition tomorrow and class the next day. Could you stay home and look after Venusia?"

Class? Yes, Oddity's acting career hasn't taken off yet. He's passed two auditions, but A.I. Staffing canceled his first gig, and the second one just never happened. So he's taking 3 classes in Drama at Foxbury Institute.

Finally, Oddity has gotten a gig. He goes over the script with his co-worker.

The on-set barber trims a few hairs, and Oddity is ready to face the camera.

Wouldn't you know it? You go for your midnight snack and discover that the fridge is on the fritz. Who you gonna call at two in the morning?

Vladislaus Hardware, that's who. Our professionally-trained repair people will show up any time day or night, but especially night. Of course, there's a slight catch...

The safer option is to buy our Do-It-Yourself kit, complete with screwdriver, pliers, electrician's tape, and exacto knife, only 24.99 at Vladislaus Hardware. Drop in and see us some evening!

Oddity is on top of the world when he finishes, and A.I. Staffing is pleased too.

But the next day brings tragedy. Cosma comes home from work and suddenly feels a bit strange.

Oddity pleads with Grim for her, but Grim doesn't listen. "Look, she's completed her aspiration, reached the top of her career, and got to spend time with her grand-daughter, which is more than you can say for many people. She'd only be with you another 24 hours anyway, so give me a break."

Rest in peace, Cosma Curious! You were a great heir.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (May 16)
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2020, 09:21:02 AM »
Jonah Cottoneye 3

Living with a volcano meant that you couldn't say your life was boring.

Yet Jonah felt that his life was currently quite dull. He did homework.

He read books.

His father Hank had a birthday.

And he was promoted to Chief of Police.

One day Jonah brought home a robot-making kit from school. He'd been banned from using the robot-making machine on the roof because he'd shocked himself so many times. It wasn't safe when it was raining, and it couldn't be moved downstairs because there wasn't any room.

The first robot that Jonah built was okay. It looked like a robot but it didn't do much.

Jonah knew he could do better, so he bought another kit. His mother Hope tried to help him with it. "Honestly, Mom," he said, "I think I'll do a better job if you don't help."

He took a day off school to work on it. He was an A student now, and it was almost time for him to graduate, so his parents said it was okay.

Success! This robot was excellent. It moved around, waved, blinked -- everything it could possibly do. Jonah couldn't wait to show it to his friend Nanette. Nanette Landgraab was the girl who had given him a toy robot a long time ago when his house -- and toybox -- had been destroyed by a volcano.

In fact, the more he thought about it, the more Jonah realized what he had to do with the robot. He could give Nanette the robot that was only good, but that didn't seem good enough. It was a wrench parting with the excellent one, but that was a sacrifice Jonah had to make. And if Nanette didn't like it...well, he wouldn't think about that.

She loved it. And she even let him flirt with her a little.

"I have to go to college," Jonah told her.
"I know," said Nanette. "And I have to finish high school. But best friends forever, right?"
"Right," said Jonah.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (May 18)
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2020, 06:01:53 PM »
Elspeth Hecking 3

Winter went by quickly.

Before I knew it, we were celebrating New Year's Eve.

Even the television erupted in fireworks.

And I started a new job. I wasn't going to college, so I joined the military instead. While out marching around, I spied the lighthouse, my wizard's tower. I'd heard rumors that you could go up there with a special someone, and I decided that was where my heir would be conceived. I even knew who the father would be -- Morgyn.

I wanted my heir to be at the top of the spellcaster line. I myself was only a mediocre spellcaster at best. Sure, I could make the book I was reading float in the air.

I could restore our basketball backboard that had been struck by lightning.

And yes, I could stir a potion without touching the spoon.

But I couldn't guarantee that the potion wouldn't backfire with horrific consequences.

I was terrified when I looked in the mirror, and I really couldn't blame my mother for throwing up after our game of chess. But I dreaded Morgyn's reaction. Right now I had a face that could launch a thousand ships -- in the opposite direction.

Luckily, I had learned the De-cursify spell from a dusty old tome (the only kind of tome suitable for learning spells and potions). To my surprise, it worked.

I invited Morgyn out for dinner at Chez Llama.

The evening wasn't a complete success. The server had left dirty dishes on our table. Worse, Morgyn showed up in a robe that looked a lot like a woman's formal gown. I realized, though, that they don't pay much attention to fashion in Glimmerbrook.

I persevered in our romance and the evening came when I invited him to the Deadgrass Discoveries Museum. "What can we do there?" he asked innocently, and I prepared to show him. But I was in for a shock.
"My dear, I can't have children," he told me. "My studies have taken me to a place beyond dualities -- beyond good and evil, male and female, rich and poor -- you understand."

I went home with a heavy heart. For several days, I went jogging to cheer up.

I played basketball with my sister Amanda.

I even let Amanda use my cauldron to brew macaroni and cheese.

Finally I reached a decision. I invited Morgyn over and broke up with him (or her, as the case may be).

Morgyn stuck around while I played a game of chess with Mom. Ordinarily it would have embarrassed me to have my boyfriend hanging around while Mom was in her skimpy underwear, but since Morgyn wasn't my boyfriend anymore, I was okay.

And then I went to Hare Square to see Chance Givens.

We played chess, and I found out that he was a child of the ocean and a child of the island.

But he was also a spellcaster, so we went out on a date.

Later that evening I met him at the Deadgrass Discoveries Museum...

...where we lit up the night sky, sending a beacon to all the love boats out there. I don't know what the future holds, but Chance is still firmly ensconced in the dualities so I'm not too worried.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (May 22)
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2020, 12:42:23 PM »
Robin Newbida 5

Adulthood brings a lot of responsibilities, foremost among them a job. I considered college, but with Frank being so much older than I am, I didn't want to wait for us to get married. Besides, I don't really need a degree to become an expert on the Omiscans.

Carl had his birthday soon after mine, and he's joining the military, too.

One good thing about my new job -- I get to exercise more.

Adulthood brings some sad moments, too. Popsie's final notice came in the other day. Carl didn't realize what was happening at first, and then he shouted for me to come.

I think the Grim Reaper hates me. He hasn't granted a single one of my pleas for a relative -- not for Gramps or Grams, either. Popsie was always a quiet, stable presence in the house, always there if you needed someone to talk to or dance with.

Carl and I are sad, but Mumsie is devastated. Even so, she told me, "Don't feel like you have to wait to be happy. Tomorrow is Freedom Day. Go out and have a good time with your young man."

So I met Frank for lunch at Sunny Side Up.

After some flirting, I gave him a good smooch and confessed that I was attracted.

Afterwards, we went to the pool at Enchanted Springs where people were having fun streaking. Frank hurried inside, but I joined them for a few minutes.

And then I went and greeted Frank in the pool. It could have been the most embarrassing moment of my life, but...

A couple of hours later he proposed. "Before you say yes, I have a favor to ask," he said. "I have a daughter from a previous relationship --" I knew all about that because he wrote about it on his blog -- "and I'm hoping that she can come and live with us."
"Of course!" I said joyfully.

We decided not to have a big wedding, and just plighted our troths in the back yard.

Nadine came over soon after that. She has Frank's pale skin and loves art, so I got out our old painting table and the dollhouse, too.

We're going to do something about her hair, though.

And later, I had the glad news for Frank that Nadine would be getting a little half-brother or sister.

Adulthood might have plenty of responsibilities and sadness, but it has joys, too. And my doll collection reminds me that I'm still young at heart.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (May 25)
« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »
Is Oddity's outfit is inspired by a certain PT? In my new BACC (before I got caught up here) I did the exact same thing. Great minds really do think alike, it seems. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (May 25)
« Reply #239 on: May 28, 2020, 08:07:03 PM »
Is Oddity's outfit is inspired by a certain PT? In my new BACC (before I got caught up here) I did the exact same thing. Great minds really do think alike, it seems. :)

I don't know what a PT is, so I can't answer the question. Personal trainer? Physical therapist? :)