Author Topic: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Aug 4)  (Read 47557 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Dec 2)
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2019, 07:07:22 PM »
The Curious household's update was fantastic!
Hard to get any more surprising and quirkier than that! :)

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2019, 08:54:30 PM »
Believe me, it was one shock after another!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2019, 12:06:04 PM »
Hank Cottoneye 5

ww.hc15.01.jpg
Work is settling into a routine. When I finish up a case, I take a mugshot of the perp.

ww.hc15.03.jpg
If there's not enough time left in the day to start a new case, I go out on patrol. I'm really glad I live in Strangerville rather than Willow Creek. I just wish that my uniform was a little warmer.

ww.hc15.02.jpg
And sometimes I take reports from civilians. I had to apologize to Nikita Caliente for yawning while she told me about their late-night hooligan -- I haven't been getting much sleep at home.

ww.hc15.04.jpg
The reason for my lack of sleep is this little guy -- Jonah Cottoneye.

ww.hc15.11.jpg
He's a bit wild.

ww.hc15.05.jpg
And he seems to be hungry all the time, possibly because he dumps his food on the ground before he's finished eating it.

ww.hc15.10.jpg
We've tried to solve that problem by letting him eat on the couch.

ww.hc15.07.jpg
We lost Dad a few days ago.

ww.hc15.08.jpg
I tried to plead for him to stay with us just a little longer, but Grim said it was his time.

ww.hc15.09.jpg
Mom and Hope kept crying, but that didn't have any effect either.

ww.hc15.12.jpg
After he was taken, some strange woman came and sat in the living room for a while. I'd never seen her before, and neither Mom nor Hope knew her. I found out that she was paranoid, just like Dad had been, and I think she'd been in some conspiracy theory group with him.

ww.hc15.13.jpg
The Grim Reaper stayed around long enough to clean up Jonah's mess, which I guess was kind of him.

ww.hc15.14.jpg
The next day I took Hope to Skye Fitness Gym, so we could get some exercise while Mom was home to look after Jonah. Sterling and Claudia Landgraab were there, too, as well as Faith Lee-Scott and Max Villareal. I know Max is working to become his grandfather Jacques' replacement, but getting the goods on him is difficult.

ww.hc15.15.jpg
Mom is not handling Dad's death well. She says that she's just trying to improve her mixology skill, but she spends more time drinking than she does practicing.

ww.hc15.16.jpg
And her other way of dealing with grief -- working out until she's exhausted -- worries me. She's gotten her notice to get her affairs in order, but I'm hoping that I'll be more successful on her behalf than I was in pleading for Dad.

ww.hc15.18.jpg
I suggested to Hope that we might try for another baby because the house will seem very empty once both Mom and Dad are gone. Hope says no way. She doesn't like children much, although she takes pretty good care of Jonah when I'm sacked out.

ww.hc15.17.jpg
Dad's ghost showed up the other night, which was heartening to see.

ww.hc15.06.jpg
And Jonah is beginning to resemble him, at least in his choice of clothing.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Dec 6)
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2019, 04:25:54 PM »
Jonah is so cute! I like that he wears shades like his Gramps.
Papa Cotteneye was in great shape as an elder!
(Granny looks fantastically fit, too.)

What happens to Strangerville's Curio Shoppe once Erwin passes away?
Seeing that intruder in the Cottoneye home, I wonder if there's a stream of Curio Shoppe vendors living in hidden households.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2019, 05:46:36 PM »
Jonah is so cute! I like that he wears shades like his Gramps.
Papa Cotteneye was in great shape as an elder!
(Granny looks fantastically fit, too.)

What happens to Strangerville's Curio Shoppe once Erwin passes away?
Seeing that intruder in the Cottoneye home, I wonder if there's a stream of Curio Shoppe vendors living in hidden households.

Interesting. She could be the new Curio Shoppe vendor. I'll send Hank over sometime to find out.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2019, 07:30:54 AM »
Grant Hecking 5

ww.gh05.04.jpg
I couldn't believe it when Grant challenged me to a duel. Me! I've known him since he was a toddler.

ww.gh05.05.jpg
The only way I could forgive him was by defeating him. "You thought you could beat me because I was an old lady, didn't you," I scolded him.
"Sorry, Willow," he said, "but you're right. I can't seem to beat anyone in a duel. Every time I try, my opponent has some new move that I've never even seen before. In fact, I've lost so many duels that I picked up the Curse of Awkward Embraces. And then, when I tried the De-Cursify spell that I learned from Morgyn, that backfired on me, too.
I whispered a couple of names in his ear, possible opponents.

ww.gh05.01.jpg
In turn, he told me that there was a new Sage of Practical Magic, Laurie Buckner. "She's another bro," he said, "and we're good friends.

ww.gh05.09.jpg
The girls were doing great, he told me, although not terribly enthusiastic about going to school.

ww.gh05.03.jpg
"Elspeth is going to look just like her mother," he said, "but Amanda has dark hair like me."

ww.gh05.02.jpg
He got Elspeth to do her homework by promising to take her to the park afterwards.

ww.gh05.07.jpg
At the park, Elspeth pretended to be a pirate, while Grant was a sea serpent.

ww.gh05.10.jpg
"The girls and the dads both think it's time to get a pet, but they can't agree. The dads want another dog, a small one, and the girls want a kitten. Elsa suggested we get one of each, but I think they'll end up fighting like the dog and cat in my painting."

ww.gh05.06.jpg
"How's work?" I asked. "Are you still in the military?"
"Elsa is," said Grant. "I've gone into Social Media. I'm your roving magical reporter, but so far I haven't reported much, just given a shout-out from Caster's Alley."

ww.gh05.08.jpg
A couple of days later I got a postcard from Grant. All 3 duels completed! And I'll have you know my last opponent was a young adult and not one of the names you gave me. Still have the curses, though...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Dec 10)
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2019, 12:03:11 AM »
Poor awkward Grant, the not-very-successful wizard.
Nice going, Willow, giving him the inside scoop on the weaker spellcasters.

So Grant won't be needing a familiar? Or maybe the pets will serve Amanda and Elispeth?
Haha, Elispeth does look like a young Eliza Pancakes! She's very pretty!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2019, 08:27:18 AM »
Grant has a familiar, but he hasn't bound it yet. Elspeth is a spellcaster, but Amanda isn't, although both have the weak bloodline trait.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2019, 07:20:56 AM »
Sterling Landgraab and Corn Gothario 6

Sterling sent me a short note:

Sterling Landgraab

ww.sl06.02.jpg
Dear Willow,
All my girls are fine. Tiffany and Nanette are eating with spoons now. That's Tiffany on the left, Nanette on the right.

ww.sl06.01.jpg
Claudia is making progress as a flower arranger, and is particularly good at shaping bonsai. As for the rest of us, we're all okay, just not very photogenic. Dad's a little mopey, now that he's lost some of his fame. But he's also less notorious; late-night comedians have quit making jokes about him. He's retired, but both Mom and Aunt Siobhan are still working. I'm making progress learning the piano and trying to finish my 3rd song for the guitar. That should get easier wonce both my little darlings start school. More pictures next time, I promise. Cheers, Sterling

Corn Gothario

ww.cg16.01.jpg
Dear Willow,
Mother became an elder, and still looks quite pretty. Since I'm going to look just like her when I get older, that's a relief.

ww.cg16.11.jpg
She "celebrated" by starting a fire. Considering all the times she's reminded me to clean the lint filter, you'd think she would remember herself, but no. Luckily Dad was at hand with the fire extinguisher.

ww.cg16.09.jpg
Later, I managed to paint her portrait. It's not a masterpiece, but she and I like it.

ww.cg16.07.jpg
The girls are more fun now and less needy. That's Angela and Vivian playing with the doll house.

ww.cg16.08.jpg
Maria, however, prefers horsie. Or maybe I'm a T-rex? She loves it when I make dinosaur noises.

ww.cg16.02.jpg
ww.cg16.03.jpg
ww.cg16.04.jpg
Well, we've had the toddler birthdays, just after the first of Spring, starting the Year of the Raccoon off with a bang. Maria is now cheerful, Angela is neat, and Vivian is good. I don't think I'm going to lament their toddler years.

ww.cg16.05.jpg
For one thing, it's more fun picking out clothes for them. Here is Maria, heading off for school. She's like Mother -- red is her favorite color.

ww.cg16.06.jpg
Angela likes purple and blue, and for some reason, wanted to wind a turban around her curly brown hair.

ww.cg16.10.jpg
Vivian is all about pink.

ww.cg16.13.jpg
They still sleep in the nursery, but they've turned my office into a playroom. I occasionally remark that their Aunt Claudia and I were able to manage quite nicely with just the bedroom, but they respond by saying that there were only two of us and three of them, so the extra bed takes up more room. Plus they have more toys. The voidcritter battle station, the chemistry set, and the puppet theater are all new.

ww.cg16.12.jpg
Maria, as the oldest, immediately commandeered the drawing table as soon as we set it up.

ww.cg16.14.jpg
Angela got busy with the chemistry set. I actually found the set inspirational -- those round bowls and linear pipes. I'm having to improve my photography skills for work, so you can expect more odd pictures.

ww.cg16.15.jpg
And finally, Olivia is doing well. She found out that Max had been my lover (it was my heart tattoo, just like hers, that gave it away), but didn't mind at all. "That means the three girls really are sisters," she said delightedly. Max called me the other day, saying that he couldn't get me out of his mind and suggesting dinner, but I turned him down. Too little, too late, and besides, I am definitely faithful to Olivia. We got her a new television set, by the way, and a larger couch so that three of us can watch.
Take care, Willow, and come over sometime so I can give you a makeover. Hugs, Corn

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Dec 15)
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2019, 06:38:52 PM »
Celeste Straud, Mimi Zest, and Faith Lee-Scott 6

Celeste Straud

ww.cs06.01.jpg
I don't have much to say, Celeste wrote. I've been busy with Rosa mostly, trying to teach her the words for various objects.

ww.cs06.02.jpg
She's a friendly little girl, ready to meet people who come over -- in this case, Roy Newbida.

ww.cs06.03.jpg
But what she really loves is dancing. Her great-uncle Max has taught her a few moves.
I'm still working as a free-lance artist, but I might go into teaching when Rosa starts school.

Mimi Zest

ww.mz06.03.jpg
I've found a publisher for my books! Okay, it's Dad's publisher, but they're selling, although my royalties aren't in the same league as Dad's yet.

ww.mz06.04.jpg
It's amazing I can find time to write with two toddlers in the house -- that's Nathan up on the couch and Toby making for the stereo.

ww.mz06.01.jpg
It's really cute when they go running down the hall together. Toby is a bit faster than Nathan.

ww.mz06.05.jpg
That might be because Nathan is still sad over Hunter's death. I don't know why he is when Toby doesn't care. Maybe it's because Nathan has an angelic temperament?

ww.mz06.06.jpg
Dad calls him Not-Toby, which I hope won't give him a complex.

ww.mz06.07.jpg
Toby is still his favorite, probably because he's always ready to laugh at Dad's jokes even though he doesn't understand them.

wwmz06.02.jpg
Even though I've started publishing, the real go-getter in our family has been Mom. Right after her elder birthday, she achieved the highest level in piano and reached the top of her profession. Not only that, but she also finished writing a song. Way to go, Mom!

Faith Lee-Scott

ww.fl06.01.jpg
The biggest excitement at our household has been Wonder Day. Justice got ready by doing his homework.

ww.fl06.02.jpg
And also working on his drawings.

ww.fl06.03.jpg
Heath pumped some iron and is even more handsome now than when we got married.

ww.fl06.04.jpg
And then the day was upon us. Heath tried saluting the gnomes, but they really just wanted pie.

ww.fl06.05.jpg
I made the mistake of giving one coffee and then had to go apologize.

ww.fl06.06.jpg
The Flower Bunny came over and we became good friends.

ww.fl06.07.jpg
And I completed a collection of decorative eggs. All in all, I had a great time, even if I did have to do some gardening. (I think I'll give the seed packets I picked up to Justice.)

ww.fl06.08.jpg
The next day I started my new job as a paralegal at Bagley & Buckley. I have to pass an exam and get my research and debate skills up before I can get a promotion, but I really think I'll be a better lawyer than doctor. Being squeamish won't hurt me, and being a snob can only help, right?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Dec 21)
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2019, 03:13:48 PM »
Babs Newbie 6

ww.bn16.01.jpg
Although toddlers are adorable, I haven't been unhappy to see my two get older.

ww.bn16.02.jpg
A few hours before their birthday, I tried to impress upon Robin her new responsibilities. "Pretty soon you'll be the designated heir," I told her. "I'll have finished my job, and you'll be the torch holder."
"Torch holder!" Carl repeated. Robin was busy examining her sandwich.

ww.bn16.03.jpg
Mom led off the birthday celebrations by becoming an elder, and then the twins blew out their candles while I held them.

ww.bn16.04.jpg
Robin has gone from being a fussy toddler to a cheerful child, already working on her responsibility by taking out the trash.

ww.bn16.05.jpg
Carl is a very good-looking boy and an art lover. I have no doubt that he'll be much in demand as some heiress's spouse. That gold plate in back of him is the first Omiscan treasure I found in Selvadorada.

ww.bn16.06.jpg
Of course, besides treasure, I also brought back tarantulas. The Selvadoradans might call them spiders, but we know better. Luckily, they respond to spider repellent just as quickly as do their smaller cousins.

ww.bn16.07.jpg
With Robin and Carl old enough to take care of their needs, I headed off to Selvadorada again. My first day there was very full, as I told Roy when I called him that evening.

ww.bn16.09.jpg
"You're going to have to come with me some day and see the waterfall -- actually it's more of a water wall or a water cliff, especially with the spring rains.

ww.bn16.08.jpg
"And the temple I found is magnificent. It's in much better repair that you'd think, given all the ruins around the jungle." I sent him the picture, and Roy agreed that it was impressive. "But how are you?" he asked. "No more poison darts, I hope?"

ww.bn16.10.jpg
"We-ll," I hedged. "I did get stuck with something going through the jungle, but don't worry -- I know I can find an antidote. And I was chased by a few bees, but that wasn't really a problem.

ww.bn16.11.jpg
"Some of the gates in the temple are guarded with poison gas...

ww.bn16.12.jpg
...but once you figure out the trap, they're not a problem anymore.

ww.bn16.14.jpg
"And really, there's only one time I passed out, but I was fine a few minutes later.

ww.bn16.13.jpg
"It's all worth it when you dig up a new artifact...

ww.bn16.15.jpg
"Or open up a treasure chest that's been closed a thousand years.

ww.bn16.16.jpg
"I did get cursed, but making a generous gift to the Madre Cosecha took care of that problem. How are things at home?"

ww.bn16.17.jpg
"Robin and Carl are learning how to play chess," he said.

ww.bn16.18.jpg
"And your father was attacked by some bats." Roy's voice sounded odd, almost as if it was in stereo.

ww.bn16.21.jpg
I turned around and there he was. "I've come to take you home," he said. "You've accomplished everything you need to, and now Robin can take over."
"But she's still just a child," I said. "What will she do if the toilet breaks?"
"With almost two million simoleons in cash, I think she can buy a new one," said Roy, kissing me in the rain. "She'll be fine."

ww.bn16.19.jpg
Back at home I got busy authenticating one of the artifacts I'd found.

ww.bn16.20.jpg
Sadly, it turned out to be a fake. The Omiscans never painted eyelashes on their masks. On my next trip -- well, I hoped it would be possible for me to have a next trip. I would just have to encourage Robin to take an interest in the Omiscans so that we could go together.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Dec 23)
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2019, 02:09:07 PM »
Hugh Caliente and Cosma Curious 6

Hugh Caliente

ww.uc16.04.jpg
Even though he's a father and a successful photographer, Hugh has decided to go to college.

ww.uc16.05.jpg
He's working on a distinguished degree in Art History, and thinking about becoming a critic when he finishes. That may take him a while because he's only carrying 3 courses a term.

ww.uc16.06.jpg
It's hard for Hugh to do homework at home, but he did do some work on his presentation.

ww.uc16.10.jpg
Most of his home time, he spends with the newest member of the family, Luis.

ww.uc16.03.jpg
Luis is a little charmer.

ww.uc16.08.jpg
He loves being read to before bedtime.

ww.uc16.07.jpg
And with so many busy people in the house, Luis sometimes spends bedtime in his high chair.

ww.uc16.01.jpg
Meanwhile, Dion is doing well, and has become a B student.

ww.uc16.11.jpg
Nikita sometimes connects with Hugh when she finishes work.

ww.uc16.02.jpg
And sometimes she relaxes in the pool.

ww.uc16.09.jpg
And sometimes, the Sixamites have other plans for Nikita, who seems to be a favorite of theirs.
J and Katrina are still going strong. Katrina is a little sad about losing her fame, but has taken to playing the guitar more. J has been notified that he should get his affairs in order, but since he's a body builder, he doesn't expect to meet the Grim Reaper any time soon.

Cosma Curious

ww.cc16.01.jpg
The extra time that the Grim Reaper gave Vidcund didn't last long.

ww.cc16.04.jpg
He's been returning as a ghost, however, complaining about the mess, but doing some much-needed cleaning for Cosma and her family.

ww.cc16.02.jpg
Stephon had a little girl, Zara, and Cosma has been taking care of her.

ww.cc16.07.jpg
Zara loves playing with the dollhouse with her daddy.

ww.cc16.06.jpg
She and Oddity both go out to greet Stephon when he comes home from work.

ww.cc16.08.jpg
Although Zara loves her brother and loves the dollhouse, she doesn't love his violin playing, and so she smashed the house. Cosma scolded her for that and then fixed it.

ww.cc16.03.jpg
Cosma and Stephon celebrated Love Day by indulging in some Sixamite dishes at Chez Llama.

ww.cc16.05.jpg
Later that evening, she surprised him with the gift of a crocus from their garden.

ww.cc16.09.jpg
Brenna has an A- average at the University of Britechester. Whether her grades will suffer from a late-night visit to a spaceship remains to be seen.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Dec 29)
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2020, 09:44:52 AM »
Hank Cottoneye and Grant Hecking 6, and Sterling Landgraab 7

Hank Cottoneye

I don't have much to report. I've been taking time off work to stay home and look after Jonah.

ww.hc16.01.jpg
I can't say my efforts are having much effect.

ww.hc16.02.jpg
Hope is stricter with him than I am. She's left the military and is working as a painter now. She says that she enjoys painting more than exercising.

ww.hc16.03.jpg
Me, I'm the opposite. And seeing that Mom is still alive and kicking, I think that being in great shape is the way to go.

ww.hc16.04.jpg
I plan to be around to take care of my grandchildren -- assuming the volcano doesn't get me. We do get a good haul when it erupts -- an emerald, some punium, and a raptor claw fossil this time. Over to you, Grant.

Grant Hecking

ww.gh16.03.jpg
To begin with, I actually saw Willow Wisely the other day. She was dressed rather oddly, so I asked her what she was up to.
"If you don't interfere in my life, I won't interfere in yours," she said.
"Willow, you've been interfering in my life and everyone else's since before I was born," I couldn't resist responding.
She sniffed. "Well, I won't interfere any more," she said. And then she soared off on her sponge mop. I think she's still cross with me about the duel.

ww.gh16.04.jpg
I've been working on becoming an internet personality, giving my followers some insights into the life of a spellcaster. I do shout-outs from the Realm and introduce them to various personages, like the Practical Sage Laurie Buckner and the Untamed Sage Morgyn Ember.

ww.gh16.06.jpg
I also show off the highs of casting (brewing a successful potion)…

ww.gh16.05.jpg
...as well as the lows (a decursify spell gone wrong). Yes, I now pick up too much charge in my spells and have a tendency to give awkward hugs.

ww.gh16.07.jpg
But I keep my private life separate. My followers don't need to know that I congratulated Dad Brant on getting his promotion.

ww.gh16.01.jpg
They don't need to know that I'm developing my skills on the guitar (although I do plan to put in a plug for my new song, "Sad Waterfall").

ww.gh16.02.jpg
And they certainly don't need to know when I serenade my lovely Elsa. Elspeth and Amanda are staying out of my shout-outs for the time being, but I expect they'll make an appearance eventually.

Sterling Landgraab

ww.sl17.03.jpg
I've been having fun playing with my fairy princess Nanette.

ww.sl17.08.jpg
When I'm not getting struck by lightning, that is. Luckily I was able to get inside before a second bolt could get me.

ww.sl17.01.jpg
Tiffany is quite the active child and also hard-working. She has the Civic Responsibility badge already.

ww.sl17.02.jpg
She can thank the messes at the playground for that. Unfortunately, they made her so grumpy that she couldn't really enjoy playing space explorer, and by the time she finished cleaning them up she had to come home.

ww.sl17.05.jpg
We celebrated Freedom Day by going swimming at The Bluffs. Mom and Dad stayed home with Nanette, but I was able to show off my diving skill to Claudia, Tiffany, and Aunt Siobhan.

ww.sl17.06.jpg
I did a perfect swan dive and then flopped the next time.

ww.sl17.07.jpg
Tiffany demonstrated the cannonball technique.

ww.sl17.04.jpg
Afterwards I rode the bicycle around for a bit. "Does this helmet make me look like a nerd?" I asked Claudia.
"A safe nerd," she said. "A nerd who is setting a good example for his children."
Bottom line is yes.

ww.sl17.09.jpg
Claudia has been busy developing her ability to arrange flowers.

ww.sl17.11.jpg
She makes some lovely arrangements, but she's still prettier than any flower I've ever seen.

ww.sl17.10.jpg
No more toddlers in the house -- Nanette had her birthday, with Aunt Siobhan singing for her.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Jan 5)
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2020, 02:22:46 PM »
Corn Gothario, Celeste Straud, Mimi Zest, and Faith Lee-Scott 7

All four of the young women agreed that they had been too focused on skills and children to take many pictures.

Corn Gothario

"Actually I have been taking pictures," said Corn. "I've been working on my photography skill. I'd hoped to have a good picture of everyone in the household. But Mother turned her back just as I snapped the picture and refused to let me share it.

ww.cg17.02.jpg
"Dad gave me a lovely shot.

ww.cg17.01.jpg
"And so did Olivia, who looks beautiful from every angle.

ww.cg17.04.jpg
"Maria made herself scarce, and Vivian turned to get something out of the refrigerator just as I clicked the camera.

ww.cg17.03.jpg
"But I was able to get Angela in profile.

ww.cg17.05.jpg
"And Claudia came over to see Dad after hearing that he'd received his first notice from Grim. I think he'll still be with us for a long time, though, because he works out so much.

ww.cg17.06.jpg
"I finally was able to get a picture of Mother, but she's way at the back, almost invisible. And then I handed the camera to Olivia so she could take a picture of me.

ww.cg17.07.jpg
"She got a great shot of me and Claudia together, under our umbrellas.

ww.cg17.08.jpg
"And a good one of me, looking smug about my soon-to-be masterpiece."

Celeste Straud

ww.cs17.03.jpg
"The only picture I have of myself is the one where I'm helping Rosa blow out the candles on her birthday cake," said Celeste.

ww.cs17.04.jpg
"She's turned out to be a beautiful child.

ww.cs17.05.jpg
"That's not surprising, considering how handsome Brendan is. I think she's going to look just like him.

ww.cs17.06.jpg
"And I hope Uncle Max won't annoy her too much. I don't want her to grow up to be hot-headed. Gloomy is bad enough.

ww.cs17.02.jpg
"By the way, Uncle Max is an adult now, and he received birthday presents from Maria and Angela Gothario and Vivian Kim-Lewis, which we all thought a little strange." Celeste looked over at Corn, whose expression remained bland.

ww.cs17.01.jpg
"Last but not least, my brother Frank has become a Llamacorn Scout and should graduate from high school soon. And Dad changed jobs, leaving the top of his career as a botanist to become a lowly process server. But he says it keeps him from getting dull and that he expects to have quite a few different careers by the time our family reaches its 10th generation."

Mimi Zest

"As usual, I have hardly any pictures," Mimi began. "I think the Watcher hates me. Or at least, considers me unphotogenic.

ww.mz17.03.jpg
"Anyway, Toby is developing quite an imagination. It worries me a little that he's thinking about pink sparkly ponies, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

ww.mz17.01.jpg
"I did get a shot of the other three men in my life -- Dad, Nathan, and Dale. They're a good-looking crew, I think.

ww.mz17.02.jpg
"And that brings me to the subject of our aquarium coffee table. I mean, we've had the thing as long as I can remember, and the fish have never been fed. I don't even see how they get oxygen. Maybe the top of the table is porous enough to let in air but not so porous that the water escapes? I keep having this urge to take a sledge hammer to the top and see what happens. Anyway, don't be surprised if the next screenplay I do is about a bunch of fish."

Faith Lee-Scott

ww.fl17.03.jpg
"If you're looking for more inspiration, Mimi, you might consider the clouds of smoke that my Mom's rocket-ship leaves behind," said Faith. "I'd love to do a painting of them, but it's hard to get my easel in the right position.

ww.fl17.06.jpg
"Speaking of painting, I did a portrait of Dad. I think it's a good companion for the one I did of Mom.

ww.fl17.01.jpg
"Working as a paralegal now means I spend a lot of time on the computer.

ww.fl17.02.jpg
"In fact, I traded in my Milton Word Processor for an ERAM. It's expensive, but it's only good for research so I don't have to shoo away people who want to play video games.

ww.fl17.07.jpg
"To be honest, Heath is more interested in television than gaming. I found him crying over Simder the other evening -- so sweet.

ww.fl17.05.jpg
"And Justice is usually either playing with his toys or drawing.

ww.fl17.04.jpg
"But Mom's starting to get interested in gaming. I guess it's easier for her now that she's getting old and has back trouble."

There was one topic the four of them didn't want to discuss -- the fact that Babs Newbida was on the verge of handing over the reins of her dynasty to her daughter Robin. Babs might be the first to fade into the background, but it would happen soon for all of them...

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Jan 11)
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »
TABLE OF CONTENTS, GENERATION 3

Robin Newbida, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Maria Gothario, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Dion Caliente, 1, 2, 3, 4
Tiffany Landgraab, 1, 2, 3, 4
Rosa Straud, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Toby Zest, 1, 2, 3, 4
Justice Lee-Scott, 1, 2, 3, 4
Oddity Curious, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jonah Cottoneye, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Elspeth Hecking, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Willow Wisely -- End of an Era

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2020, 01:32:39 PM »
STATS, Generation 3

toc3.11.jpg
Robin Newbida
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Total = 100

toc3.12.jpg
Maria Gothario
Total = 100

toc3.03.jpg
Dion Caliente
Total = 100

toc3.14.jpg
Tiffany Landgraab

toc3.15.jpg
Rosa Straud
Total = 100

toc3.16.jpg
Toby Zest

toc3.07.jpg
Justice Lee-Scott

toc3.08.jpg
Oddity Curious

toc3.09.jpg
Jonah Cottoneye

toc3.10.jpg
Elspeth Hecking

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2020, 03:31:47 PM »
Robin Newbida 1

ww.ne21.01.jpg
Dear Diary,
My name is Robin Newbida. Today I'm in Selvadorada with Mumsie and my twin brother Carl.

ww.ne21.02.jpg
It's very pretty here and also very damp, especially over by the waterfall.

ww.ne21.03.jpg
Mumsie says that Carl and I are her good-luck charms. Usually she get poisoned or cursed when she goes treasure-hunting, but this time she was blessed by the spirits and given her own personal sunbeam. That's nice, because she can't go treasure-hunting for very long.

ww.ne21.04.jpg
The reason she can't is that I'm the active heir now. Gramps explained it all to me, telling me that I was a very special person (well, naturally). He's the first Sim of Sim World, and now I'm the first heir in my generation and the first heir to take over as a child. Gramps expects me, or rather my descendants, to be the first family to finish, too, but that's a long way off, like another 7 generations.

ww.ne21.06.jpg
Being the active heir isn't as wonderful as it sounds. When I'm old enough to cook, clean, and repair things, I'll have to take care of all that. For now, I can buy new stuff when things break down and let people prepare their own meals. Gramps said I might want to hire a maid sometimes, but Grams said I would get through my own requirements faster if I didn't do that. There's a point system I have to learn.

ww.ne21.15.jpg
Some things I can't take care of at all. For example, the thermostat has to stay set at whatever it was set at on the last free day, and a grown-up (or at least a teen) has to pay bills.

ww.ne21.16.jpg
But there are some benefits like being given the most comfortable bed available.
Because I'm still a child, everyone has been suggesting things I might like to do when I grow up. Gramps thinks I could take over his vet-er-in-ary practice. Grams wants me to become a musician.

ww.ne21.11.jpg
Mumsie wants me to become an archaeologist like she is, but I don't think I want to do that. She brings home too many interesting creatures in her baggage.

ww.ne21.07.jpg
One of the spiders bit Grams and made her sick. For a couple of days we were really worried about her, but then she got better all on her own (she says it was the healing power of music).

ww.ne21.12.jpg
Popsie said the only important thing was that I should be happy, but he did point out that we have a completely empty greenhouse and that Mumsie has lots of seeds, some of which are pretty exotic.

ww.ne21.13.jpg
I might do that. I really like flowers, especially the ones we have planted out front.

ww.ne21.21.jpg
Even my brother Carl has an opinion. He thinks I should wait and see what kind of traits I get before making a decision. He really likes art, so he already knows what he wants to do.

ww.ne21.14.jpg
I'm only including this picture because some of the girls at school gushed, "Oh, he's so cute! Can't you show more pictures of him?" Carl is going to marry a dynasty heir someday, either Maria Gothario, Elspeth Hecking, Tiffany Landgraab, or Rosa Straud. But I don't think he knows that yet, so don't tell him.

ww.ne21.08.jpg
People don't realize that there is some work involved in being an heir, even as a child. I'm expected to get an A at school and to max as many childhood skills as I can. Luckily I was given an after-school project that helps with both (and luckier still, Grams helped me with it when she got home from work).

ww.ne21.09.jpg
Here's my medieval diorama.

ww.ne21.05.jpg
I'm also expected to do photographs or portraits of Gramps and Grams and also Mumsie and Popsie. Actually, Mumsie was supposed to do her parents, but she was always too busy with treasure-hunting, and also with taking care of me and Carl when we were little.

ww.ne21.20.jpg
I'm going to have to take Grams' picture again because my first attempt came out too blurry. But my picture of Gramps is as good as it's going to get.

ww.ne21.10.jpg
What happened was this: I was home from my drama club meeting (Carl is in Scouts), when I heard Gramps call out.

ww.ne21.17.jpg
I hurried out to the hallway and found him falling to the ground.

ww.ne21.18.jpg
A tall man without a face glided in, and I realized he was the Grim Reaper.

ww.ne21.19.jpg
"No, no, don't take him away!" I pleaded, but the Grim Reaper didn't listen. I can't help thinking that if they'd taught us some more useful speeches in Drama Club, he would have listened. I mentioned this to our teacher, and she suggested I memorize Portia's speech from The Merchant of Venice. I don't know why a car would have a speech, but whatever.

Anyway, that's what's been happening in my life.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Jan 13)
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »
Hugh Caliente 7

ww.ca18.10.jpg
I arranged to meet Willow Wisely at the Flea Market. "What's with the bear suit?" she asked.

ww.ca18.07.jpg
"Dion's going through a phase," I explained. "And if he gets through it faster because I'm dressed like a bear, too, I'm happy to help." I took a deep breath. "I have some sad news."
"I don't want to hear it," said Willow. "How is the little one?"

ww.ca18.06.jpg
"Luis loves dancing," I said.

ww.ca18.09.jpg
"But he's not so little any more.

ww.ca18.14.jpg
"He's a big boy now, like his brother.

ww.ca18.08.jpg
"And Dion is fine. He seems to be as active as usual despite the suit. I think he'd get too hot, playing outside on a summer afternoon, but he says he's fine."
"And work?" Willow inquired.

ww.ca18.01.jpg
"I've done a couple of shoots," I told her. "I used Dad as a model for athletic wear. He might be an elder, but he still looks better than any younger model I could hire.

ww.ca18.02.jpg
"Corn Gothario was the stylist who worked with me on that. She wanted me to take a picture of her, and it turned out to be one of my best.

ww.ca18.05.jpg
"Later she wanted some shots of people in everyday clothing. I took one of Dion, but she didn't like it because I didn't use the tripod.

ww.ca18.04.jpg
"So I did one of Nikita in my studio, and that was fine. But mostly I've been busy at school.
"In fact, I just got my report card -- 2 A+'s and an A. I have to admit, though, that I took a moodlet solver so I could pull an all-nighter."
"Congratulations!" said Willow. She hesitated. "You might as well tell me the news."

ww.ca18.14.jpg
"Well, Mom and Dad had both received their warnings from Grim. Dad got his a long time ago, but he's a body builder so we didn't worry too much. We thought Mom was in pretty good shape, too, but --

ww.ca18.11.jpg
"--Not good enough.

ww.ca18.12.jpg
"Grim said she went out with the strongest burst of light that he'd ever seen.

ww.ca18.13.jpg
"Afterwards, Dad told him he was ready to go any time now. He really misses Mom.

ww.ca18.17.jpg
"And little Luis was there when she died, so he was pretty upset, too. Dion was at Drama Club and I was taking a nap.

ww.ca18.18.jpg
"I managed to console Luis a bit.

ww.ca18.19.jpg
"And Dion has been surprisingly kind to his little brother. Anyway, even though Mom has died,

ww.ca18.16.jpg
"Her ghost still lingers. She's not totally happy, though -- she was hoping to get her young adult body back, and instead she's stuck with elder sag. You should come over sometime and see her, I think she'd be glad to see you."
Willow sighed. "I don't know. I like to remember her the way she was. And how are you holding up?"

ww.ca18.21.jpg
"I miss her," I said. "And I just had my birthday, so I know it won't be too long before the Reaper comes for me."
"Now, now," said Willow. "You have plenty of time left." She gave me another hug and then left.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Jan 16)
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2020, 09:34:14 AM »
Hank Cottoneye 7

My life divides neatly into a "before" and "after" period.

ww.co17.01.jpg
During the "before" time, my activities consisted of watching Hope work on a painting...

ww.co17.11.jpg
...admiring the scenery from the window of a vandalized home in Britechester…

ww.co17.15.jpg
...or doing some boxing in the breakroom at work.

ww.co17.12.jpg
My biggest excitement came from making an arrest in the Strangerville Library arson case...

ww.co17.13.jpg
...and extracting a confession from the perp.

ww.co17.09.jpg
My biggest moment at home was watching Jonah grow up from a precocious toddler...

ww.co17.10.jpg
...to a self-assured boy who looks very much like his mother and grandmother. Jonah even inherited Liberty's freckles.

ww.co17.08.jpg
Our biggest natural disaster, aside from the occasional fissure or lava bomb, was the time lightning struck a cactus in our yard.

ww.co17.14.jpg
But all of that changed one day. I had finished the case and finished doing my reps upstairs.

ww.co17.16.jpg
I went to get a microwave pastry, briefly noting the fall colors on the trees outside.

ww.co17.02.jpg
Someone downstairs called, "Hey, lieut! Your brother's looking for you."
"Do you know where Mom is?" asked Dale, his eyes wild.
"She's at home, I think," I said. "She got her second notice from Grim, so she's not going out much."
"Have you seen what's on TV?" he demanded.
I shook my head.

ww.co17.20.jpg
"There's a volcano growing on your lot," said Dale, "and if Mom's at home..."
It was 2:45 pm, almost time for Jonah to go home from his first day of school. "Gotta run," I told the receptionist.
I picked up Jonah, then Hope, and then waited in a traffic jam until the authorities decided it was safe for people to approach. By that time it was the middle of the night.

ww.co17.07.jpg
Our home was gone. A cinder cone stood in its place. And I could see two headstones -- one belonging to Dad and the other, almost certainly to Mom.

ww.co17.06.jpg
The Grim Reaper was hanging around. "What happened to her?!" I cried.
"Summer's fine," he said. "Well, dead, but fine.

ww,co17.05.jpg
"I got to her just as the shaking started.

ww.co17.03.jpg
"And she and I were both out of that death-trap you used to call home well before the volcano erupted.

ww.co17.04.jpg
"I picked up your dad's tombstone and his flag, figured Hunter would want you to keep them to remember him by."

ww.co17.19.jpg
SIMA (Sims in Misery Assistance) had dropped off a tent and tarp shower for us, along with a picnic table and garbage can turned into a grill. There were also 4 or 5 forms I had to fill out. "The guy from SIMA told me to tell you they'd expedite your paperwork, so it'll only be a few months before you get the money to rebuild," Grim told me. "Oh, I almost forgot." He reached into the pocket of his gown and pulled out a couple of photographs. They were the ones that had been on the bookshelf, of Dad and Mom and me and Hope. "Here."

ww.co17.17.jpg
Anyway, this is the beginning of my life "after." Jonah is in the tent crying. Hope isn't happy about using a former garbage can to cook on. And I'm sitting at the picnic table trying to make a list of all the possessions we lost. And remembering Mom.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Jan 19)
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2020, 10:43:18 AM »
Cosma Curious and Grant Hecking 7

Cosma Curious

ww.cu17.02.jpg
Brenna is on academic probation at the University of Britechester even though she has a B average. She's hoping that her project, An Alien Household, will bring up her grade.

ww.cu17.01.jpg
Many people don't realize that there are two kinds of aliens. One kind is the sort of thing you can capture when you go up in a rocket ship, like the space squid on the table behind the couch. The other is a person, a toddler in this case, as adorable as any other toddler.

ww.cu17.03.jpg
Just like other people, from toddlers we grow up to become children, and from children to teens.

ww.cu17.04.jpg
We love birthday cake.

ww.cu17.06.jpg
And as our toddler Zara demonstrates, our attitude towards broccoli is noncommittal, at best.

ww.cu17.05.jpg
This is not to say that aliens have no differences. We are more susceptible to alien abduction, possibly because our relatives on Sixam want to know how we're doing.

ww.cu17.07.jpg
And we have way cool hairstyles. In closing, just because someone has green or teal or lavender skin, that doesn't mean they're different from the beige or brown variety of Sim.

Even though the computer said her presentation was excellent and she couldn't do anything to improve it, Brenna still ended up with a B- for the semester. Apparently she skipped class too many times.

Grant Hecking

Things have been quiet at home.

ww.he17.01.jpg
Both my dads have received their notices from the Grim Reaper. Thanks to his job as a personal trainer, Papa Brant is in great shape and will probably be with us for a long time.

ww.he17.02.jpg
But we're all a little worried about Papa Brent. Despite all the masterpieces he's painted, he'll probably get taken soon.

ww.he17.03.jpg
The children are doing well. Amanda is now a Unicorn Scout.

ww.he17.04.jpg
Elspeth has to improve her creativity in order to progress at Drama Club, but, as I told her, throwing paint on the floor is not a good way to do that.

ww.he17.05.jpg
She suggested that I ask Amanda to clean it up so Amanda could work on her Civic Responsibility badge, but I had a better idea.

ww.he17.06.jpg
As for me, I'm making progress as an Internet personality by doing shout-outs and working on my comedy routines. Elsa is as lovely as ever but often tired when she gets home from work.

Willow Wisely

ww17.01.jpg
Hello, everyone!
I'm taking a break for a while -- a long while I think. Don't worry, the families will still be around; I just won't be keeping tabs on them. Vladislaus Straud has promised to upload their pictures and stories for me, and to do any little chores that the Watcher requires.

The reason is that I can't handle the emotional stress. It was bad enough when Pascal Curious and Hunter Cottoneye died, but losing Bob Newbie and Katrina Caliente just about broke my heart. And I know that it's not going to get any easier -- harder, in fact, when the Sims I've known as babies start to grow gray. Vladislaus says that he's seen so many generations come and go that it won't bother him.

Another reason is that I do have a life of my own, as I told Grant, and sometimes I don't want to share it with everyone.

I've loved spending time with all the families, and I want to congratulate Robin Newbida on being the first child heir. I think she and the others will get along fine without my input.

That's all for now. As I told everyone, be good, and if you can't be good, be careful.

Hugs, Willow Wisely

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Jan 21)
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2020, 11:36:59 AM »
Sterling Landgraab and Corn Gothario 8

la18.01.jpg
Thanks to his promotion, Sterling has a new, or rather antique, piano to practice upon.

la18.07.jpg
He has also composed his fourth tune for the guitar. Now all he has to do is mentor someone, probably Tiffany, on the piano for a few hours, and he'll become a Musical Genius.

la18.02.jpg

la18.03.jpg
Tiffany and Nanette go off to school with a song in their hearts: "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...", to be exact.

ww.co17.20.jpg
After school, Nanette sees the volcano on the news. "Hey I know a kid named Jonah Cottoneye at school. Do you think that's his home?"

la18.06.jpg
That night -- "I bet Jonah doesn't have any toys now that his house has blown up. Could I take him one of mine?"
"That's a sweet idea, dear," said Claudia, "but I wish you would eat something more wholesome than cake for supper."
"You're eating cake," Nanette pointed out.

la18.04.jpg
The next day -- "Is that the volcano over there?"
"Yep."
"It's not raining here. It always rains where I live. Do you get much rain in Strangerville?"
"Nope."
"Were you scared when the volcano erupted?"
"I was at school. What are you, some kind of girl reporter?"

la18.05.jpg
"I brought you one of my toys," said Nanette. "It's a nice one, a robot named Bleep."
"Oh. Well, thanks," said Jonah.

go18.01.jpg
Over at the Gotharios', Angela was already dressed for her Scouts meeting the next day.

go18.02.jpg
Maria changed into costume for Spooky Day. "I wanted to be Yoda," said Vivian.
"Tough," said Maria. "You and Angela will have to be sausages."

go18.05.jpg
Corn painted her fifth masterpiece and became a Painter Extraordinaire.

go18.03.jpg
To celebrate, she took her father over to Skye Fitness, where they ran into her sister Claudia and also Faith Lee-Scott.

go18.04.jpg
Mimi Zest and Babs Newbie were working out as well. The visit to the gym completed Corn's 100 points.

go18.06.jpg
Maria went over to Laurel Library to start getting ready for her new role as active dynasty heir. "There must be something here that can help me beat out Robin Newbida."

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Jan 27)
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2020, 02:54:57 PM »
Celeste Straud 8

st18.01.jpg
It wasn't quite true what Vladislaus told Willow, that seeing Sims come and go wouldn't bother him. In the past, he hadn't been bothered, any more than most people would be bothered by a chicken dying.

st18.08.jpg
And there were still plenty of Sims that he didn't take any interest in, like the children who came trick-or-treating on Spooky Day.

st18.04.jpg
But he did care about his daughter Celeste, and he admired her bravery in taking on the beehive in the greenhouse.

st18.05.jpg
And he cared about his granddaughter Rosa, even if she was likely to resemble her father Brendon instead of his beloved Luna.

st18.07.jpg
Rosa was more stubborn than either her mother or grandmother, and Vladislaus had no doubt that she would make a good heir when her time came.

st18.02.jpg
More than anyone, he cared about Luna, and it almost broke his heart when she became an elder.

st18.03.jpg
Occasionally he had thought about becoming a vampire again, just to make her immortally young. It was too late now for that, and she wouldn't thank him for preserving her in a state of decrepitude.

st18.14.jpg
The other person he cared about was his son Frank. Frank wanted to go o university, but because he wasn't an heir, his education would always be sporadic. And he had wanted to become a dynasty spouse, to contribute his (and Vladislaus's) genes to the group of dynasties being created. No one knew, except his Uncle Max perhaps, how disappointed he had been by Corn Gothario's refusal to marry him.

st18.06.jpg
But Frank was a young man now, and it was Spooky Day. "Go for it," his Uncle Max told him.

st18.09.jpg
Frank had previously become acquainted with Angela Pleasant when he went to Britechester to learn more about the university. Angela wasn't home, but her sister Lilith was just as attractive.

st18.10.jpg
"You had me at 'my father was a vampire,'" she confided. "Have you ever wondered about what it's like at the top of the lighthouse on the scariest night of the year?"

st18.13.jpg
Arriving in Brindleton Bay, they discovered that the lighthouse door wasn't locked.

st18.11.jpg
One thing led to another...

st18.12.jpg
...and yet another.

st18.15.jpg
And a few days later, Lilith could be observed with a distinct baby bump.
That was someone else Vladislaus would have to worry about.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Jan 31)
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2020, 11:25:11 AM »
Mimi Zest and Faith Lee-Scott 8

From the journal of Mimi Zest:

ze18.02.jpg
One moment, Toby was a happy little toddler, just like his younger brother Nathan.

ze18.01.jpg
The next, I found him sitting on the slide outside, looking more contemplative than any toddler should. "What's up, big guy?" I asked him.
"I'm happy now," he said. "Will I still be happy when I get older?"
"There's a good chance of that," I said. I made a mental note to encourage him to join Scouts rather than the Drama Club. "But there's only one way to find out."

ze18.03.jpg
A few minutes later he was blowing out the candles on his cake. Like he said, Toby had been a Happy Toddler. But for the future? Well, at least he wasn't gloomy. In fact, it looks like he's going to be a genius.

ze18.05.jpg
I was up early the next morning, and searching for snow globes in the boxes of San Myshuno. I have all the snow globes but the one with the plumbob.

ze18.04.jpg
When I returned to the house, he, his father, and his brother were all dancing in a line. I thought they looked really cute, but Toby was embarrassed. "I hope you're not going to show that picture to anyone," he said.
"It's a nice picture of all of you," I responded.
"But I'm wearing my pajamas," he protested.
"Point being?"
"What if the other kids think they're weird?"
Other kids being his cousin Jonah, who is something of a schoolhouse celebrity for having his house destroyed by a volcano.
"There's nothing wrong with your pajamas," I said.
"You don't think they're too girly?"
"They're artistic," I said, hoping that "artistic" was an acceptable synonym for "pretty," which had been on the tip of my tongue. The problem with the Cottoneye men in general is that they go for plaids and camouflage in colors like orange and brown. Watcher forbid they should wear anything paisley or pink or purple. "Do you want me to get you different pajamas?"
"No, these are comfy," said Toby.
I agreed that comfy was the first criterion for pajamas.

ze18.06.jpg
Toby went off to listen to his Aunt Yuki read The Lord of the Swings while I got ready for work. I thought that toddlers were tough, but I'm beginning to think that children might be tougher.

Faith Lee-Scott

le18.01.jpg
At Faith's house, she was more worried about her parents. Liberty had retired, and not entirely by her own choice.

le18.04.jpg
"They say it's my health that they're worried about, but I think it's just because I'm old," she told Faith.
"Do you want to sue them for age discrimination?" she asked.
"I'm thinking about it," said Liberty.
"I'll look into it," said Faith. "And in the meantime, you can always travel in your own rocket."

le18.02.jpg
Then one night, Travis got the word from the Grim Reaper that he should start winding up his affairs. He told Liberty first.

le18.03.jpg
"This will be our last game of chess, m'dear," he told Faith. "I've emptied out my pockets, just have a set of headphones left. Do you want them?"
"No," said Faith. "I have a set of my own. But it's too soon for you to go."
"I've pretty much done everything I wanted," said Travis. "Would have been nice to finish my game of The REFUGE, though."

le18.06.jpg
Later that night, Travis succumbed.

le18.07.jpg
Faith pleaded for him, both as a lawyer and a daughter. "Enough, enough," said Grim. "If I hear one more 'whereas,' I'll take both of you."

le18.08.jpg
Travis bounced back from the grave.

le18.09.jpg
And went downstairs to finish off the Dark Knight.

le18.05.jpg
One result of his experience was that Faith encouraged Heath to work out more and to get a job as an athlete, where a high level of fitness would be a plus. "I want you to stick around for a long time," she said.

le18.11.jpg
Another person affected was Justice. He had been thinking about becoming a scientist.

le18.10.jpg
But he'd been much impressed by his mother's performance. "I'm going to become a lawyer, just like you," he told her.
"That's nice," she said, "but where did you get that sweater?"
"It belonged to Grandad when he was my age," said Justice. "He gave it to me."

le18.12.jpg
Sadly, the family's joy over Travis's revival didn't last long.

le18.13.jpg
Grim returned as soon as he came home from work the next day. Liberty was distraught, as were two total strangers who happened to be walking by.

le18.14.jpg
Later, Justice went out to say good-bye. "I wish you could have stayed around longer, Grandad," he said. "I'll always think of you when I wear my sweater."

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Feb 7)
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2020, 10:11:08 AM »
Robin Newbida 2

Dear Diary,

ne22.10.jpg
Because I'm a dynasty heir, I have to work very hard. Taking care of the laundry is one of my chores. Popsie and Carl are both good about bringing the laundry downstairs, but I have to make sure the dryers' lint filters have been cleaned. That's very important because otherwise the dryer could catch on fire. Also, I pick up responsibility points, which will be good when I grow up.

ne22.06.jpg
I still haven't decided what to do when I grow up. One thing I do know is that I won't take up painting. I had to do 5 drawings for my Artistic Prodigy aspiration, and it was very tedious.

ne22.07.jpg
Mumsie and Carl came to talk to me, though, so it wasn't so bad.

ne22.01.jpg
I had more fun playing the violin, even though everyone from Grams to Carl suggested that I play outdoors "where I wouldn't bother anyone." Sigh.

ne22.08.jpg
The most fun, though, was playing dolls with Popsie.

ne22.05.jpg
I do know that when I grow up, I don't want to do something that involves a lot of homework. Carl doesn't seem to mind, but I can't imagine stewing over a piece of paper for hours. That kind of rules out college for me.

ne22.14.jpg
And I'm not terribly fond of computers. There's this game I have to play that's pretty dumb. I know there's a "u" in gitar, but I still haven't figured out where it goes. "Giutar?" According to the game, that's wrong.

ne22.02.jpg
Mumsie is still pushing for me to go into archaeology like her. Digging around in stuff would be okay.

ne22.09.jpg
And I like being outdoors.

ne22.03.jpg
Not sure I would like having to pee outdoors, though.

ne22.04.jpg
And some of the "puzzles" she has to solve are kind of scary. Skeletons with spears? I don't think so.

ne22.11.jpg
Not to mention the icky stuff that comes home in her luggage, like bats.

ne22.12.jpg
Anyway, I got a better picture of Grams. She's not in her formal dress, but at least she's not all blurry.

ne22.13.jpg
Maybe I'll be a photographer? I got a good picture of Mumsie when she was dancing.  I don't know. Everyone says I don't need to decide just yet, but then they ask what I'm going to do when I grow up. It's very confusing.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Feb 8)
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2020, 12:24:29 PM »
Maria Gothario 1

go21.01.jpg
Hi! My name is Maria Gothario.

go21.08.jpg
I live at Oakenstead, in Willow Creek. Those are my climbing bars out front.

go21.02.jpg
Besides climbing, I like to play pirate.

go21.03.jpg
I like to play on the computer, too.  As soon as I win at Keyboard Commander, I can play any game I want.

go21.04.jpg
This is my grandmother. She likes to play the violin.

go21.05.jpg
My grandfather likes to exercise. He says that exercise can keep the Grim Reaper away for a long time.

go21.06.jpg
This is my mother, Mama Corn. She is very fashionable and writes a blog about it.

go21.07.jpg
This is my other mother, Mama Olivia. She's a good cook and likes to mix drinks.

go21.10.jpg
This is my twin sister Angela. She likes art.

go21.09.jpg
This is my half-sister, Vivian. She's trying to become a Rambunctious Scamp like me.

go21.12.jpg
Time for school! That's me and Vivian on our way.

go21.11.jpg
Angela is still talking to Grandfather. Hurry up, Angela! You don't want to be late.

anything