Author Topic: Power of 10 - What Pries Glory? [Completed 16 Feb 2020]  (Read 89456 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (13 Sep update)
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2019, 12:34:56 PM »
@reggikko
I thought I had been watching Erwin like a hawk for tummy sparkles but I must have missed a few. Since I was running out of time, I thought, "Fine. Try for baby with Mia!" Of course, I see tummy sparkles 30 sim-minutes later. Yeah, Zoe watched some Romance TV in the cantina then she was all over Wynn's BFF, even though there were several other not-elder male sims inside the cantina.
Thanks for reminding me to save Erwin and Stella to my library! Done!

@Heart Foam
Lol, I only hope that your Kyle won't have to suffer through so many abductions! One morning, Erwin was vomiting and was constantly having to pee but he turned out not to be pregnant.
I know now that those aren't signs of a successful abduction, only the tummy sparkles. *sigh
But yes! Stella was worth the effort! I will use her perhaps in a different challenge...

@Meg
All the toddlers during Erwin's last week was so frustrating! I was fine leaving nooboos with the nanny and taking vacations, but I couldn't help skilling them up when they aged up to toddlers, LOL.
Thank you for reading. I'm hoping Wynn's story will be more...um, sane.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2019, 01:22:32 AM »
Oh, oshizu, how I hate to see you having to move away from Erwin!  Stella is absolutely beautiful and adorable.  I'm glad that awful Pollination Technician #3 finally got her act together.  Now maybe she will leave Erwin and Mia in peace.  The twin boys are adorable.  Thanks for taking the time to help me with my two!  I don't know how you had time because this must have been a madhouse to play!  Well, sad as I am to leave Erwin, (at least it isn't death), I'm really looking forward to Win and the things she'll accomplish.  What is her unique skill and career and where is she going?  Somewhere nice I'll bet.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2019, 02:05:12 AM »
@Joria

I thought Erwin and gang would just be killing time until Wynna and Zoe's birthday.
Since I removed the On Ley Line lot trait before Erwin/Mia tried for baby, I didn't expect them to have twins.  So very hectic!
And, yes, I will miss Erwin soooo much.

Haha, I'm trying to create a little narrative suspense by not revealing all of Wynn's details until her generation actually begins in the next update! :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2019, 10:24:06 AM »
Gratz on finally getting the alien booboo- just in time to move out. 🙂 Looking forward to Gen 2.
I'm only writing one chapter per generation, so more of a synopsis than a story. I just can't seem ti finish a dynasty AND a full story. But I love reading the stories of those of you ergo do that! I'm almost too the end of Gen 1- 2 sim days to go.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2019, 12:51:47 PM »
Congrats on finally getting that alienboo!  Of course, it could only happen once you completely gave up hope and let Mia get pregnant.   ::)   All the toddlers are super cute, and it will be good to have Erwin's house occupied for a long time.

I'm looking forward to Wynn's New Everything. 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2019, 01:03:28 PM »
Gratz on finally getting the alien booboo- just in time to move out. 🙂 Looking forward to Gen 2.
I'm only writing one chapter per generation, so more of a synopsis than a story. I just can't seem ti finish a dynasty AND a full story. But I love reading the stories of those of you ergo do that! I'm almost too the end of Gen 1- 2 sim days to go.
@GlazeyLady
It's so fun and exciting to start over in a new town, as you will soon find out!
My original plan was to do short weekly updates, but Erwin was so photogenic, haha. Looking forward to reading about your first generation!

Congrats on finally getting that alienboo!  Of course, it could only happen once you completely gave up hope and let Mia get pregnant.   ::)   All the toddlers are super cute, and it will be good to have Erwin's house occupied for a long time.

I'm looking forward to Wynn's New Everything.
@BallerinaHippo
I'm happy to hear you agree that the game's timing on Erwin's pregnancy was incredibly mean-spirited!
If only Wynn could have taken Stella with her. But I'm not going through all that again for another alienboo. Surely, I'll get another one when I least want it?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (17 Sep update)
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2019, 02:37:18 AM »
2.8: Wynn's New Everything

Sunday, Week 8

Wynn: It took forever for my father Erwin to let go!
By the time I arrive in San Myshuno's Spice Market, it's early morning.

And this is where I'll be living: Ye Olde Salt House.
The view over the Bay is lovely. Is that the Oakland Bay Bridge?

After laying out plans for my house and garden, I join the Social Media career.
Next, I socialize a few hours at the Flea Market.
It's late afternoon when I finally head to Selvadorada. There's my Vicente!

Vicente and I return to the Alam Museum of Archaeology..
Over two dates, he evolves from BFF to boyfriend.

I invite him back to my rental for some privacy.
Watcher is eager for me to start a family, but I want to be married first.
When I impetuously propose, he accepts then kisses me deeply.

According to Watcher, an autonomous kiss like that is a sign of true love!

It takes four tries, but I'm finally eating for two.
*whispers: Is that because Vicente has the clumsy trait?

As soon as I've shared the big news with Vicente, I head home. All I can do now is wait for him to call me.

Early Monday morning, my family and Uncle Erwin help me plant the garden.
It will be half this size in a few more days.

After my first day at work, Vicente phones to invite me out for dinner.
Out in front of Chez Sul Sul, I ask him to move in with me.

Why wait? We tie the knot at Central Park.

We celebrate our marriage by having dinner at Shimuzu.
Vicente looks so much better without that sleazy moustache, wouldn't you agree?

Since we're all dressed up, we go for drinks after dinner.
Well, I have only juice for obvious reasons.

Thanks to the $30,000 Vicente contributed to household funds, we can build!
Oh no, he's figured out that I'm ticklish!

My Public Relations career requires Writing 3, so Mama offers to mentor me for a few hours.

Since we're living in the Spice Market district, we go for a Kerala vibe.
Kerala is a state in southern India as well as an architectural style of that state
Our house's floor plan is almost exactly the same as my father's house.

I give birth to twin boys, the heir Brise and the second-born Fynn.
Brise is a German word related to where he will later make his home.

And, just for the record, I won't be having two sets of twins like Mama.
Nor will Vicente retrieve Papa's satellite dish and repeat that abduction madness!

I plan to wait to start throwing parties.
For now, I've asked Vicente to focus on learning skills to help raise our boys.
We'll just hire a vegetarian caterer until we both start learning to cook.

I end my first week of work as a Press Agent (Social Media 6) with 3,410 followers.
Yes, my work outfit is frumpy, but my hours are gloriously family-friendly!

We're fishing at Desert Bloom Park when the twins' birthday notices arrive a day early.
Here we are immediately after ageing them up.
That's right, our next heir Brise is a ginger!

Of course, one parent can read to multiple children.
But Vicente reads to Brise, while I read to Fynn.

Saturday morning, I throw my first party: a toddler playdate!
There's our heir Brise with his Auntie Stella.

Reading to my siblings…Stella, Mathew, and Mark.

My husband Vicente and Fynn, in flight!

Curiously, only Papa attends this playdate with his toddlers.
How surprising that Mama hasn't come along to help.

We earn a gold medal for the playdate. But I miss that announcement and get this one instead.
Do we Pries really date that much?

Relaxing on our back porch together after a looooong week. Life is good!

- - - -

End of Week 8
Spouse: Vicente Pries (Child of the Islands, Clumsy, Insider)
Children: Brise (Gen3 heir) and Fynn (spare)

Move-out requirements:
     1. Career: Social Media/Public Relations 6 (3,782 followers)
✔️ 2. Unique skill: Vampire Lore 10
✔️ 3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000 sp
✔️ 4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
     5. 10 good friends: 7/10 (including 2/2 non-human)
     6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 9/10
     7. 10 parties: 1/10
     8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 9/10 whims
     9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 8/10
    10. 10-item collection: 0/10 Vampire Cures

Watcher's Notes
*Vicente's dowry: Vicente brought $30,000 with him when moving in with Wynn. I thought the upper limit for single-sim households was $20k.
  When did that change? Uh, not that I'm complaining…
*I was delighted to realize Wynn could host a toddler playdate, because the twins' birthday notice came after two days instead of the usual three days.
  Again, not complaining…
*It's beyond me, it seems, to post updates with only 10 images each. I'll keep trying!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (17 Sep update)
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2019, 03:06:52 AM »
Kerala, you did it!!!  Lovely house and lovely, vibrant, Indian colors!  I think it's one of the reasons I watch dreadful Ballywood movies.  Love the colors of the saris etc.  Your garden is great, per usual but the kiddie's playground is superb.  How did you get all those colors on the ground?  I'm assuming rugs blown up but not ones I'm familiar with.  Cleverness personified.  Yes, I agree about the sleazy mustache!  Had to go.  You are really moving along with this and even manage to bring the two Erwin's in the picture.  Love it.  And don't be stingy about pics!  The limit is 20 after all.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2019, 03:44:46 AM »
Kerala, you did it!!!  Lovely house and lovely, vibrant, Indian colors!  I think it's one of the reasons I watch dreadful Ballywood movies.  Love the colors of the saris etc.  Your garden is great, per usual but the kiddie's playground is superb.  How did you get all those colors on the ground?  I'm assuming rugs blown up but not ones I'm familiar with.  Cleverness personified.  Yes, I agree about the sleazy mustache!  Had to go.  You are really moving along with this and even manage to bring the two Erwin's in the picture.  Love it.  And don't be stingy about pics!  The limit is 20 after all.  lol

The kiddies' playground is the Maxis-made Park and Play lot, which I placed on Newcrest's Midtown Meadows during my world set-up prior to playing Wynn in her new home.
You can find it in the Community Gallery by searching for 30x20 park by Maxis. (I added a stereo, swings, a toddler pool, and two toddler potties.)

Incidentally, according to the RULES FOR STORIES thread, the limit per post is 25 images. :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2019, 08:28:06 AM »
Wow, Wynn got off to a speedy start! I love the house. 30K move-in money is fantastic. I think I’m going to be 3\3 of no move-in cash since I’m pretty sure Naihaur lives with other Sims. Maybe I’ll get lucky and he was one of those single child households.

You inspire me to go for a Toddler Play Date. That’s the only party type I’ve never done.

Yay for ginger heirs!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2019, 11:13:12 AM »
@reggikko
The toddler play date is super cute, fun, and easy. In my Sharebears legacy, a sim hosted one by throwing a bunch of toddler playground stuff on the front lawn (because another sim was at work).
That Park and Play lot definitely makes for better screenshots, haha.
The play date goals require a stereo and a toddler's book, so you can add that to the lot or bring the books in personal inventory.

Also, how amazing that your Ana is poised to move out in another update or two!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2019, 01:22:15 PM »
Quote from: oshizu

Incidentally, according to the RULES FOR STORIES thread, the limit per post is 25 images. :)
[/quote

It's one of the rules I TRY to not remember.  With my penchant for posting a gazillion pictures it's the only way to curb my enthusiasm.  Lol.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2019, 09:51:41 AM »
Wow new cute toodlers, and gorgeous house you have yourself there too.
Cant wait to see more.

And love your toodler playdate photos, always a joy.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2019, 11:09:56 AM »
Okay, I am loving this from a lurker point. But spill one how you are getting the splashes to show up and I can't? *drums fingers*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »
Wow new cute toodlers, and gorgeous house you have yourself there too.
Cant wait to see more.

And love your toodler playdate photos, always a joy.
The toddler play date is so much fun, isn't it? And so very adorable. Thank you for your nice words.
I'm really looking forward to seeing your Petals start out!

Okay, I am loving this from a lurker point. But spill one how you are getting the splashes to show up and I can't? *drums fingers*
Lol, I know how much you and I love our splashes! So disappointing that we can no longer get splash shots easily with the "C" key!!!
If you're on a PC, though, you can hold down the Windows key then, at the moment you want to capture, quickly press the PrtSc key.
Ugh, I often press the F12 or ScrLk key instead of PrtScr.  I'm sure we'll be seeing the return of splashes to your Knoxes!

Edited to add: So sorry, Shannon! The PrtSc thing is so new to me that I didn't explain it well.
I know you have figured this out already but for anyone else, images captured by the PrtScr key combo will be saved in your Pictures/Screenshots folder.

anything