Author Topic: Realm of Magic Guides  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Realm of Magic Guides
« on: September 10, 2019, 05:53:48 PM »
My coverage of this one is slower like IL. Even though I have a good bit done, back when I did only text guides things were much faster. Here's a list of what's out there so far. The spells list is going to be heavily modified. I left a column for me to make notes about their effects/durations and what happens when a Sim is in the Overcharged state.

Realm of Magic Features Guide
Realm of Magic Cheats
Spellcasters - Playing one, charge levels and side-features
Spellcaster Perks
Curses and Removing Them (With Cheats as an option)
Spells in Realm of Magic
New Aspirations: Spellcraft and Sorcery + Purveyor of Potions and Their Reward Traits
Magical Bloodlines

I will likely get familiars out today but, to be honest there isn't much to them. Potions is going to be the most work of what remains. If I try to do it right, there are a lot of effects to note. I also have a Realm of Magic Review that discusses the problems (in my eyes) with gameplay in the pack. I've always been a gameplay-focused person, so my opinion is from that perspective. People who just like messing around, making up stories and family stuff are going to like it much more. I think that style of player will really appreciate the extra care they put into magical bloodlines, so you might want to check that out.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Realm of Magic Guides
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:57:44 PM »
Just got Spellcaster Perks added to the list. The game plan atm is to get these built out, then have something good to work with for publishing more detail on what they do. Spellcaster perks page doesn't add a lot of value right now, but having it there gives me a place to put notes with deeper details. I think it's still useful right now for people that don't own it and people who'd prefer to see a list vs hovering over them all in game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Realm of Magic Guides
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 02:33:17 PM »
The new aspirations are up on the site, but the list is still out of date. Something I"ll fix but it's easier to move on knowing the info is at least on the site and not easy to miss. Slinger of Spells basically makes the charge system matter even less, in combination with perks. So yeah you'll be OP, for sure. The strangest part is how shockingly easy these "aspirations" are getting. 5k points for maxing this out and all you really needed to do was play a bit, not do something like.. seek to catch all the fish in BG like angling ace and some others. The party/friendship/soulmate aspirations make this look like some kind of joke. I'm afraid the players who enjoy depth have vanished to the point that EA is doubling down on simple which only angers/alienates people who want to use their knowledge of the game to make a really skilled Sim.

Yeah. I'm grumpy lately. Finding there is less interesting stuff for me to learn about the game these days.