The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Cheats
Unlock Spells in the Spellbook and Tips for Potion Recipes
How to Cheat in The Sims 4 Realm of Magic
Players will inevitably want to cheat their Spellcaster Rank, unlock spells or remove curses, so I went through the game to find several useful cheats for doing exactly those things.. and more. You can give your Sim an artificial Magical Bloodline, add and remove Curses, or set a Sim to a specific rank of Spellcaster.
How to Cheat
Press Control + Shift + C on your keyboard or press all four bumper buttons on Xbox and PlayStation 4. Now you can type TestingCheats On to enable extended cheating -if that does not work, you can try testingcheats 1 or testingcheats true. You can close the box with escape if it's in focus, or just press Control + Shift +C or shoulder buttons again.
Only one cheat on this page requires a mod to use. This means that the cheats aren't exclusive to PC/Mac but can also be enjoyed by players who own the Xbox/PlayStation 4 versions of Realm of Magic when it launches October 15 on their platform.
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic features cheats to increase your Spellcaster rank. This gives an explanation of them, and a fix for the broken Magical Bloodlines feature.
Increase Spellcaster Rank
Spellcaster Rank is one of the easier things to cheat without a mod in Realm of Magic. Just be careful and make sure the command has no typos.
Spellcaster rank can be tuned without a mod. Use the cheat Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP # - simply putting in a number like 3000 will set you to the max level. Each time you use it thereafter you will get one extra talent point for spent on the Perks page.
You start as an Apprentice and need the following XP number for each rank:
- Neophyte - 50
- Acolyte - 350
- Adept - 875
- Master - 1550
- Virtuoso - 2350
In order to fill the bar at this stage, you'll need 500 "Witch XP" as it is referred to in the game code. Each time you do so, you'll get an additional talent point which means that players can purchase every perk. This is why simply setting XP at 3000 works to give you +1 talent point each time you do it. You're setting WitchXP to max + another 500. It is entirely possible to Lower your Spellcaster rank with this cheat as well.
These are the commands to add specific spells to your Sim's spellbook, but you can alternatively look to build buy to get all of the spells. That doesn't require mods, but does take a bit more effort.
Important - Adding spells this way will require TwistedMexi's AllCheats mod. As an alternative, it's possible to use TestingCheats on, then bb.ShowHiddenObjects to text-search for Tome in the Build Mode catalog. This will reveal all the spells that can be learned via spellbooks. However, you do have to be the appropriate rank for a spell to be learned. This may mean cheating up your "Witch XP" as noted above. Thankfully possible without mods.
Practical Magic Spells
- Scruberoo - Spells.Unlock_Spell Spells_Practical_1_Clean
- Repairio - Spells_Practical_1_Repair
- Delicioso - Spells_Practical_2_Food
- Floralorial - Spells_Practical_2_Garden
- Copypasto - Spells_Practical_3_Duplicate
- Transportalate - Spells_Practical_3_Teleport
- Herbio - Spells_Practical_4_GrowPlant
- Homewardial - Spells_Practical_4_Transport
- Rite of Ascension - Spells_Practical_5_ConvertToWitch
Unlock Mischief Magic Spells
- Deliriate - Spells.Unlock_Spell Spells_Mischief_1_Confuse
- Despairio - Spells_Mischief_1_Sadness
- Furio - Spells_Mischief_2_Fight
- Infatuate - Spells_Mischief_2_Love
- Burgliate - Spells_Mischief_3_Steal
- Morphiate - Spells_Mischief_4_Transform
- Strangeify - Spells_Mischief_5_ChangeAppearance
Unlock Untamed Magic Spells
- Inferniate - Spells.Unlock_Spell Spells_Untamed_1_Fire
- Zipzap - Spells_Untamed_2_Lightning
- Necrocall - Spells_Untamed_2_SummonGhost
- Chillio - Spells_Untamed_3_Freeze
- Minionize - Spells_Untamed_3_MindControl
- Decursify - Spells_Untamed_4_RemoveCurse
- Dedeathify - Spells_Untamed_4_Resurrect
- Duplicato - Spells_Untamed_5_CloneSelf
There isn't an easy cheat that I know of in order to unlock these, because they count as recipes. Instead, use my potion list along with bb.ShowHiddenObjects to search for Tome or the main word of the potion name (ex. Nausea, Immortality) to bring it up. What you can do to make this better is just do Text Search for Tome at the top of the list so that it will show you all of the Tomes. Do bear in mind difficulty of potions if you give your low level Spellcaster a more difficult potion, it may be more likely to fail but I'm not 100% sure yet. I know it matters for spells you learn that are below your level.
Realm of Magic Unique Traits
Explore My Mods! Color Picker for Builders, Seasons Tuner, Dine Out Reloaded and a Gameplay Overhaul! Like other modders, I've been working to make The Sims 4 a better game. Check out my many mods here!
Trait cheats can allow you to create an artifical Magical Bloodline in your Sims 4 saved game.
While there are exactly 0 new traits equippable in Create-a-Sim with the Realm of Magic Game Pack, there are definitely a few traits of interest you can equip on your Sims with the Traits.Equip_Trait X cheat. Slinger of Spells is the reward for Spellcraft and Sorcery Aspiration, while Purveyor of Potions gets Master Mixer. Both of these are very desirable traits. Additionally, you can cheat on the Magical Bloodline traits to start your own bloodline - there are three ranks.
Important Note About a Bug: If you give a Sim a weak, strong, or ancient bloodline, ANY bloodline, and attempt to use this cheat it will bug out and prevent you hitting max level, and not allow you to overmax. Until EA fixes this, avoid this situation and actively remove bloodline with traits.remove_trait or find a mod to make it work again. I've had multiple complaints telling me the cheats don't work. They are fine. If you're on PC/Mac and need a mod to fix bloodlines, see here.
Use Traits.Equip_trait trait_code with the reference below:
- Slinger of Spells - Trait_Knowledge_SlingerofSpells
- Master Mixer - Trait_Nature_MasterMixer
- Weak Bloodline - Trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineWeak
- Strong Bloodline - Trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineStrong
- Ancient Bloodline - Trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient
For storytelling purposes, it may be desirable to use Traits.Equip_Trait to put a curse onto a Sim, or maybe you don't have the cure and despise the curse you already have. You can remove curses from your Spellcaster with Traits.Remove_Trait. Here's a list of all the Curses your Sim can get:
- Curse of Awkward Embraces - Trait_Curses_TouchyFeely
- Curse of Infectious Laughter - Trait_Curses_InfectiousLaughter
- Curse of Repulsiveness - Trait_Curses_Repulsiveness
- Curse of Scrambled Spells - Trait_Curses_WildMagic
- Curse of The Night Wraith - Trait_Curses_NightStalker
- Curse of Uncleansable Stench - Trait_Curses_SweatyStench
- Curse of Uncontrollable Charge - Trait_Curses_FountainOfMagic
- Curse of Unwarranted Hostility - Trait_Curses_PunchableFace
- Hex of the Duelist - Trait_Curses_HexofDuelist
Familiars and Collectibles
I just want to point out that the new Valerian and Mandrake Root plants, you can also cheat them with bb.ShowHiddenObjects. It's also possible to find the objects that Sims use in order to bind familiars in the Build/Buy catalog. Buy them, place them down and have your Sim pick them up to get whatever familiar you want.
Realm of Magic Guides
How You Can Support The Site and Channel
If you like my sites and Youtube Channel
, consider supporting me on Patreon
to help me to continue.
Back to The Top
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.