Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 150971 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2020, 07:48:30 PM »
Oh good!! Thank you for letting me know!! :) I'm happy that worked!!

Edited to Add:

FAQs section updated
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158.0#post_FAQ
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Lapaige46

• Nooboo
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2020, 04:18:27 PM »
Hello. My real estate Sim would like to purchase the run down beach property that was known formerly as Old Pier Beach (which I was able to purchase prior to switching to SV2020). The property is not showing up on the list of purchasable properties. Can someone offer advice please?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2020, 04:48:23 PM »
Hello. My real estate Sim would like to purchase the run down beach property that was known formerly as Old Pier Beach (which I was able to purchase prior to switching to SV2020). The property is not showing up on the list of purchasable properties. Can someone offer advice please?

Hello Lapaige46, I am going to merge your post with the thread for the Sunset Valley 2020 World Thread, but I believe the pier in question has been moved and updated in this version.

Shannon
MrsFlynn, maybe you can clarify?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2020, 07:52:25 PM »
If I am correct, you're asking about this property?

Click on images to see larger view.

View of Sunset Beach: (formerly known as Old Pier Beach)

Map View:

If so, it's still there. It's been moved and renamed to Sunset Beach. Just off of Sunnyside Blvd - off to the right of Flying V's Coffee House. It can be purchased while in live mode by clicking on the lot's icon and selecting the option looking for it's new name in the list via PC/Phone.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Spawners in SV2020
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2020, 12:12:24 AM »
I happen to see a question about this on SV2020's FAQ page and wanted to share the answer here.

-- Quote from member via pm.  Certain metals, gems, and bugs from later expansions (Carbon Steel, Tungsten Carbide, Smithsonite, Bloodstone, Termites, Spiders, Will-O-The-Wisps) never actually seem to spawn in Sunset Valley 2020.

I don't think Jaga added any specific spawners from any of the expansions.  The spawners from the original Sunset Valley are there, players can find plants, gems, rocks etc.

If you want more than the basics, you'll have to add them yourself to the different lots using Buydebug. This may be the easiest way to do so. From what I understand, you can edit the world file via CAW, but you'll need to start your save over again.

How do I Use Buydebug?
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=1789.msg32460#msg32460

Added the quote above, so the spawners could be more easily found.

Igazor has answered a similar question back in 2018, on Steam. lol!! (Source Link)

--- Quote from Igazor: ---
igazor - Jul 4, 2018 @ 4:53pm
Spawners come with the base game, including those for many insects but there are lots of other categories like seeds, fish, rocks, gems, reptiles, etc. Many of the expansion packs added more to them. I've seen attempts at comprehensive lists of them over the years, but they all seem to stop short around LateNite and don't think I've seen one to be totally inclusive. Such a list would go on for many screens.

They are special, usually invisible, objects that are placed in a world during its design stage or on lots by way of Buy Debug.
-----

-- Quote from: Arethysa from the SV2020 FAQ page

Hi! I was wondering about the spawners. Are the spawners still the same as the ones from vanilla Sunset Valley, or were there added the spawners for the expansions (like the ones from Late Night)? I'd like to know if I would or not need to add them manually.

Offline Lapaige46

• Nooboo
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
If I am correct, you're asking about this property?

View of Sunset Beach: (formerly known as Old Pier Beach)

Thanks for your reply. I realize that Old Pier/Sunset Beach has been moved. One of my Sim's homes is right behind it. :D I was talking about the "No Visitors Allowed" property that's now in it's old place. I would like to update it and I figured out how to make it a purchasable property. I changed the property type to "visitors allowed" and gave it a name. After that it showed up on my list of properties available to purchase (except now I can't afford it yet).

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2020, 07:03:45 PM »
Ah, the resort right there on the beach front? That's Ticky Tacky Tiki. It's basically a resort from IP - Aka Hobart's Hideway.

Ticky Tacky Tiki - Beach Front Resort:

Map View:

It should have the name of The Ticky Tacky Tiki, and property type of Resort. It should be purchasable as is - without having to change it's lot type to visitors allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2020, 04:29:56 AM »
Sent sim to explore the underwater cave mermaid's grotto instant reset back to land, I fixed my issue with a mod and NRaas Debugenabler.

The mod is Shimrods101's  Dive Cave Reset Fix

The mod goes into: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder.

To fix the issue players must reset the lot using Debugenabler first. That along with the mod installed should fix the issue.

Crinrict has a helpful article on the issue as well.

Note: TFM has an issue at the moment with validating emails. Players can use their Discord Channel to have their email manually validated. Kimi has a post about it here.

Offline EvertX

• Nooboo
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2020, 07:53:08 AM »
Recently I wanted to start a new Sims 3 game and came across this world, it looks absolutely great! Thank you for this.
Question: As far as I can tell there is 1 school; right?
I usually play with 2 schools (elementary & highschool) and a homeworld university (using NRaas careers mod). Is there enough room on the map for an extra school & a university?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2020, 08:11:10 AM »
You're welcome, and Thank you for the compliment and question.

You are correct, there is only 1 school in the SV2020 save files.

If you would like to add more community lots you will need to bulldoze any existing houses or other community lots, as there are not very many empty lots in these save files, due to it being a small map.

Recently I wanted to start a new Sims 3 game and came across this world, it looks absolutely great! Thank you for this.
Question: As far as I can tell there is 1 school; right?
I usually play with 2 schools (elementary & highschool) and a homeworld university (using NRaas careers mod). Is there enough room on the map for an extra school & a university?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Downloading, Extracting and Installing the SV2020 Save Files
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2020, 10:33:22 AM »
It was brought to my attention that there are players still having issues with downloading, extracting and installing the SV2020 files. Hopefully this how-to helps.  If not, please pm if anything is unclear.  You can do that by clicking the message bubble under my avatar.

We have added alternative download links for the SV2020 files via SimFileShare.net.  I am using the Vanilla save file as an example.

⭐  If the browser you're using doesn't allow you to download because it's telling you that Simfileshare is unsecured, please try another browser or check your browser's security settings.  For reference, I use Firefox.  Read more here about the SimFileShare Security Warning.

✽ Click images to see larger view

How-to save the file:

Download the Vanilla Save zipped file (SV2020_Vanilla2.0.sims3.zip)  from SimFileShare.  Click on the file link to Save. 

It's suggested to save to desktop for temporary and then later can be deleted or moved to backup drive.

How-to extract the file:

Extract the file with 7-Zip - https://www.7-zip.org/
Right-click File ➺ 7-zip ➺ Extract to SV2020_Vanilla2.0.sims3
 – This extracts everything into a folder with the name of SV2020_Vanilla2.0.sims3.

Alternative methods:

Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.

- To unzip the entire folder, right-click to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

- To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.

See more information here - Zip and unzip files

How to Install and Play:

Copy the resulting folder and paste it into your Sims 3 Saves folder: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
-- Right-click folder, select copy and paste into the saves folder.

Open the game, in the main menu you'll find a silhouette of a family and of a house. Mouse over the save file to see it's name. You should see it's called SV2020_Vanilla_2.0. The silhouette of a family and of a house means you have no active family selected. Double-click the save file to open it.

At the main menu you may get the warning of some objects could not be loaded and were replaced.

At the Edit Town screen you can Create a New Family, Change Active Household, Click an empty lot to build a house or community lot, or add either from the library, or add your own family from the household library.

✽ Reminder: If you are missing any expansion packs, the lots will still show, but will not be functional. For example, if you do not have Showtime, you will need to replace the stadium with the one from the original Sunset Valley, for example or from a different expansion by going into the community lot - Buy mode > Community Objects > Buildings tab and finding a stadium in there to use. You will need to have your Sim join the Sport Career again, due to replacing the stadium.

⚜️ Click here for more Install Troubleshooting.

Please see the FAQs section for more Frequently Asked Questions.

A Big Thank You to all for the questions!! 🤗

Offline Anomalocaris

• Nooboo
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2021, 05:23:47 PM »
Hello, folks. Thanks a lot for creating Sunset Valley 2020-- I've definitely been enjoying my game more now that I'm playing on this version. I just have two questions at the moment, though:

1. Where have the Robo-Fish spawners been moved to? I don't see any body of water by the new science lab. I'm still several fishing skill levels away from being able to fish them up, but it'd be helpful to know for later.

2. I fixed the issue with Simfests at central park by adding the debug show floors, but Simfests at Mad Bronco's Bar also seem to be broken. Whenever I tell my Sim to watch the show there, he stomps his foot in anger and complains his path is blocked by the very table he's trying to sit at. Is this due to the bar's normal, non-Simfest tables blocking the Simfest items from working or something?

Cheers.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2021, 06:02:33 PM »
Thank you for the questions.

I am not entirely sure where the robo-Fish spawners were moved to. I just remember Jaga saying they were moved.

I was unaware of Mad Bronco's Bar being broken, but I am not surprised due to it being a pretty small bar and the tables are packed closely to each other.

You're correct that it might be due to the non-Simfest tables blocking the Simfest items from working, so you may have to edit the lot so there's room to move around.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Offline Anomalocaris

• Nooboo
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2021, 06:31:05 PM »
It's no problem. Thank you for the response.

I suppose I'll have to wait for a response from Jaga on the Robo-Fish spawner question.

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2021, 07:27:17 PM »
I do know there is a robo fish spawner up by the waterfall past the junkyard. (Stoney Falls, 57 Waterfall Way) I'll be back with a screenshot of the place I'm talking about. I'm not sure if there are other spots with robo fish.

Edit edit to add: I launched my SSV2020 and had my max fisher inspect the bodies of water. Pinochle pond (near the Equestrian Center and "Loft" houses.) the middle set of fish, there are robo fish too.

Edit to add image

Click image to see larger view: