Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 150977 times)

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2020, 01:56:32 AM »
We've been extremely pleased with the community's feedback on SV 2020, which has been overwhelmingly positive.  And knowing we had some things that we wanted to continue development on, we decided to keep going with it on a 2.0 version.  We've added improvements to existing properties, all-new properties, new lot locations in the world, new sims, fixes to lots that were in the originals, and more.

We've also created a home for Sunset Valley 2020 on the web, which we'll be making public at the same time the new worlds are released.  Everything you can find here will also be available there, in addition to a members area that allows you to take part in the community - post your own blogs, screenshots, and upload/download files like sims3packs and package files (sims, lots, or other content any user posts and make available).  If possible, we may also make future beta builds available for people wanting to help test them.  The website is meant to be a hub for SV2020, it's information and downloads, and as a home for you to share your content or experiences with Sunset Valley 2020 on the web!  Carl & Pam's forums will continue to be a primary location for feedback, support, and updates.

You can look forward to the new version of Sunset Valley 2.0 (and the new website) in another few weeks!  We're still hard at work putting the finishing touches on the worlds, and creating the community website for it.  We're excited for the future of SV2020, and will let the community know when the worlds and website become available, stay tuned!

In the meantime we put together a few 2.0 teaser screenshots, enjoy!

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2020, 03:21:41 AM »
AHA *my lurking paid off*  ;D  cannot wait to see what you've come up with :)  If  these screenshots are anything to go by it's already looking awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2020, 08:59:05 PM »
Update:
Added information about using Sunset Valley 2020 (either world) in player-created Challenges.

AHA *my lurking paid off*  ;D  cannot wait to see what you've come up with :)  If  these screenshots are anything to go by it's already looking awesome.

We're making great progress -both worlds are in the playtesting stage, and the website is getting much closer to being complete!

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2020, 01:56:56 AM »

Coming on March 27th: Sunset Valley 2020 v2.0!

Upgraded properties | All-new properties | New lots |  New sims
Fixes and optimizations | A brand new social website | And more!

Offline Neon

• Nooboo
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2020, 10:48:21 AM »
Hello! I am very excited to play Sunset Valley 2020 v2! I'm just wondering what stuff packs were used in this so I can try to get them? I'm aware that this would work without any stuff packs, I just wanna prevent redecorating if I can!

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2020, 02:39:18 PM »
Hello! I am very excited to play Sunset Valley 2020 v2! I'm just wondering what stuff packs were used in this so I can try to get them? I'm aware that this would work without any stuff packs, I just wanna prevent redecorating if I can!

Hey Neon!

Since Sunset Valley 2020 was built using content from Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0, we didn't have full control over which packs were included in the lots (primarily the community ones - bars and such).  Naga's 7.0 originally had Store Content in it, which we stripped out when doing SV2020 so it only used base/EP/stuff pack content.

We then went in and cleaned up every single lot in the game, and replaced all the store items that had changed with base/EP style items.  However, I can say for certain that some of those properties still use some of the stuff pack content.  I normally try to use either base game objects, or EP objects when doing lots, but we ourselves never use CC or store objects.

If I had to hazard a guess as to which stuff packs -might- have items in the worlds still, I'd think these would be the most likely candidates:
- Movie Stuff
- Town Life Stuff
- Outdoor Living Stuff

Beyond that, any stuff packs you get will probably just add to the list of things you're able to place in the game, and there will be very few items original lot authors (or our team) put in that need replacement.

Wish we had a concrete list to give you, but we are using some lots built way back in 2011-2013 and who's creators aren't even around now.  We cleaned them up, optimized them, adjusted their looks, added things they might be missing, and so on..  but you may need to check yourself and see how intact they are if you aren't using all stuff packs.  Your game won't break by any means if you don't have stuff packs, but there could be subtle replacements even when using the three packs listed above.

A good test for you would be downloading and installing either Vanilla or Chocolate 1.0, and start up a game in town edit mode.  You can poke your head into all the various community lots and see how they look!  :)

Offline cksims

• Nooboo
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2020, 05:19:59 PM »
I'm excited for tomorrow. I decided to put a pause on my current family to see how the new neighborhood looks and move them in. They're currently in Bridgeport and I'm a bit tired of the same surroundings. Time to move into the suburbs!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2020, 06:11:38 PM »
I'm excited for tomorrow. I decided to put a pause on my current family to see how the new neighborhood looks and move them in. They're currently in Bridgeport and I'm a bit tired of the same surroundings. Time to move into the suburbs!

We're excited too!  I'll probably update the download section with new links tomorrow afternoon or early evening (US time), and open up the website around the same time.  We're still working on filling some sections on the site in, so you'll have to excuse the dust from construction.  :)

We're very glad to be able to offer something fun for people to play during the world-wide shut in from the virus.

Offline kutayu

• Nooboo
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 06:40:07 PM »
When are we getting the world? It's the 27th!

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2020, 06:47:27 PM »
When are we getting the world? It's the 27th!

Countdown timer on the site still has ~7 hours to go, but we won't keep you waiting that long.  :D

We're wrapping up some finishing touches on the site, and uploading the worlds right now.  Should be within two or so hours!

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2020, 09:22:10 PM »
Sunset Valley 2020 Version 2.0 is live!

First post in this topic updated with links for downloads, screenshot galleries, new maps, and our new official website.  :D

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2020, 09:50:05 PM »
CONGRATS to you and the team! website is looking awesim!!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2020, 10:08:39 PM »
Thank you!! We hope you enjoy the site and the new saves!! :)

There's lots to check out in the new saves. Don't want to spoil the surprise in a new lot J added to v.2.0
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2020, 10:15:25 PM »
There's lots to check out in the new saves. Don't want to spoil the surprise in a new lot J added to v.2.0

Good point - I totally forgot to mention in the main topic that there are two new "Squatter's" lots for people that like to start with absolutely nothing at all.  They are brand new for v2.0, and starting on the "Squat" lot with very few simoleons can actually be very rewarding!  Look for them on the new v2.0 map.

Offline TheThirdWizard

• Nooboo
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2020, 04:29:23 PM »
Are you kidding me?! The Sims 3 at Sims 2 performance with all expansions, all stuff packs, many store contents, a ton of mods and some CC! The world is alive, sims are actually doing stuff. Now this is what EA should have given us for investing so much in this game, but you gave it all for free, not to mention the site as another free extra.

A thousand thanks and infinite gratitude! You guys are amazing! I am not experiencing any initial load lag or in-game lag and saving is so fast!

It feels like magic. And since everyone is talking about the quarantine, I simply have to mention: I finally feel truly alive while playing my game. I no longer feel like I'm trapped indoors, even if the feeling might be temporary. The lag I've been experiencing previously was sometimes enough to add some background boredom to my play sessions, enough to make me fear of hosting parties too often.

Sadly I'm afraid the immersion may be broken when I travel abroad in TS3's sub worlds, but I'll try installing EllaCharmed's other world files in an attempt to mitigate the usual issues. I'm afraid it won't be the same tough. But anyway, thank you for showing me what tons of time, dedication and optimizations can do.

All TS3 needed to work was just a little bit of love after all! Many, many thanks! ;D

anything