Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 68203 times)

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2021, 08:49:05 PM »
Have got Ella's world installed but for some reason game doesn't seem to "see" the Chocolate Save. It's in its folder in Saves, but when game loads it shows all my old saves and not the new one at all. Suggestions please?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
My Game Can't See the Save File? - Troubleshooting
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2021, 11:17:24 PM »
I am not sure why the game can't see the save file. Maybe something isn't installed correctly?

The chocolate save shows up in my saves folder and opens just fine.
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

Click image to enlarge

A few questions to help troubleshoot.

1. Did you unzip it correctly and copy it into the Sims 3 Saves folder? -- It should look like the photo above if done correctly.

✽ If you're not sure, see this post for help downloading, extracting and installing the save file.

2. Does the Vanilla edition show up for you in your Saves folder? Or is Chocolate the only one you have installed?

– If only Chocolate, try downloading Vanilla to see if that works for you. If it does, delete Chocolate and try downloading it again to see if that helps.

3. Where did you install Ella's .World file? It needs to go into (by default)

For the Origin Version
     C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

For the Disc Version
     C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Or where ever you installed the game at.

This is my install path, yours may be slightly different depending on where you installed the game.
C:\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Click image to enlarge

If both of the files have been installed correctly, It could be that the SV2020 save file looks like it has a silhouette of a family and a house when the SV2020 save is selected?

This is normal, it means there is no active family selected. Click the checkmark to play the game, and select or move in a family.

If the above doesn't help, please check our install instructions and our FAQ section to check your work.

If you've triple-checked that they're both installed correctly, please share a screenshot of your saves folder to help troubleshoot further.
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2021, 08:53:38 AM »
No, the world is installed but comes up as a New World (not a save) with no inhabitants at all. The world incidentally is stored the same place yours is. But I put the SAVE (chocolate one) in as described, in its own folder in Saves. Game simply does not seem to know it has an extra save. Feel as if I'm missing something.
LATER - repeated all the steps and this time it works with Vanilla. No Chocolate - Oh well. Bah.Thank you for your patience.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2021, 07:20:53 PM »
With Vanilla working, you might try deleting the chocolate save, and downloading it again to see if that might help.

If that doesn't help please share a screenshot of your saves folder to help troubleshoot further.
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2021, 01:14:44 PM »
trying Chocolate one again, I re-installed that but looks exactly the same. And this time it did work - I can open Chocolate save as well now. Thank you.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2021, 05:20:26 PM »
Yay!! I'm happy it works!! :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »
It has come to my attention that some players may be having an issue trying to download the SV2020 files, with that I have uploaded them to SimFileShare.net without editing/altering them in anyway.

Click file link and select Save As. - Save file to desktop is recommended.
You can read more about downloading, extracting and installing the files here.

– Alternative Download Links:

❈ Ella's Fixed World Map File
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2464727

❈ Chocolate Save File
http://www.simfileshare.net//download/2464732

❈ Vanilla Save File
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2464743

And adding this one too, just cause. :)

Fixed Showtime Lots -
https://www.simfileshare.net/download/2397247

The files for the fixed Showtime lots are in .package format and need to be copied into your Library folder. There's a text file that gives more detail in the zip file. It's called HowTo_Install.txt

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sunset Valley 2020 - Upgraded Lots Clarification
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2021, 02:48:15 AM »
We've gotten feedback from different players that they downloaded Chocolate instead of Vanilla because of the upgraded lots. We were curious about this, so we looked into it as we want to be fair to both Vanilla and Chocolate. :)

What we found was the community lots are all the same between the saves.

However, some of the homes have been moved, remodeled in the saves or removed from the saves.

– Low Fat Ranch (Keaton Home) was removed to make room for an Exclusive Lounge.

– The "Loft" Apartment Homes have been moved up town, to the end of Pinochle Point.

–  Capitola A was moved one lot over in both saves, to make room for the Modern Zen home.

– Cozy Craftsman was remodeled (in Vanilla). Removed and replaced in Chocolate with the Kizzy home.

– The Shotgun Style home was removed and replaced with the Stylz home in Chocolate.

– The Beached Dreams / Myrtle house, which is in both saves was created for the 20x30 beach lot right next door to the Frio Brothers.

Some original Sunset Valley Sims were deleted from the saves and replaced with Sims from the different expansion packs as well as some player-made Sims.

In Vanilla there are mostly human Sims.

In Chocolate there are a mix of both human Sims and Supernatural Sims - Fairies, Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, Ghosts. (No  Zombie families)

– Exclusive Sims in SV2020

– Family Information for Vanilla and Chocolate

anything