Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 152394 times)

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2021, 08:49:05 PM »
Have got Ella's world installed but for some reason game doesn't seem to "see" the Chocolate Save. It's in its folder in Saves, but when game loads it shows all my old saves and not the new one at all. Suggestions please?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sunset Valley 2020 - Install Troubleshooting
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2021, 11:17:24 PM »
I am not sure why the game can't see the save file. Maybe something isn't installed correctly?

The chocolate save shows up in my saves folder and opens just fine.
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

Click image to enlarge

A few questions to help troubleshoot.

1. Did you extract it correctly and copy it into the Sims 3 Saves folder? -- It should look like the photo above if done correctly.

✽ If you're not sure, see this post for help downloading, extracting and installing the save file.

2. Does the Vanilla edition show up for you in your Saves folder? Or is Chocolate the only one you have installed?

– If only Chocolate, try downloading Vanilla to see if that works for you. If it does, delete Chocolate and try downloading it again to see if that helps.

This sounds more like a save file issue rather than the fixed world file not working issue, but I'm leaving this in the troubleshooting notes just in case.

3. If installed Ella's fixed file, where did it get installed?  The .world file needs to go into (by default)

For the EA App version: (Default Path)
     C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

For the Origin Version: (Default Path)
     C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

For the Disc Version: (Default Path)
     C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Or where ever you installed the game at.

This is my install path, yours may be slightly different depending on where you installed the game.
C:\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Click image to enlarge

If the files have been installed correctly, it could be that the SV2020 save file looks like it has a silhouette of a family and a house when the SV2020 save is selected?  Mouse over the save file to see it's name.

This is normal, it means there is no active family selected. Click the check mark to play the game, and select or move in a family.

If the above doesn't help, please check our install instructions and our FAQ section to check your work.

If you've triple-checked that they're both installed correctly, please share a screenshot of your saves folder to help troubleshoot further.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2021, 08:53:38 AM »
No, the world is installed but comes up as a New World (not a save) with no inhabitants at all. The world incidentally is stored the same place yours is. But I put the SAVE (chocolate one) in as described, in its own folder in Saves. Game simply does not seem to know it has an extra save. Feel as if I'm missing something.
LATER - repeated all the steps and this time it works with Vanilla. No Chocolate - Oh well. Bah.Thank you for your patience.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2021, 07:20:53 PM »
With Vanilla working, you might try deleting the chocolate save, and downloading it again to see if that might help.

If that doesn't help please share a screenshot of your saves folder to help troubleshoot further.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2021, 01:14:44 PM »
trying Chocolate one again, I re-installed that but looks exactly the same. And this time it did work - I can open Chocolate save as well now. Thank you.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2021, 05:20:26 PM »
Yay!! I'm happy it works!! :)

Added Note:  There's not much difference between either Chocolate and Vanilla except the Sims. Vanilla has more human Sims. To where Chocolate has more of a mix of supernatural Sims.

See this post for more details.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sunset Valley 2020 ~ Files Uploaded to SimFileShare.net
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »
It has come to my attention that some players may be having an issue trying to download the SV2020 files, with that I have uploaded them to SimFileShare.net without editing/altering them in any way.

Click on the file link to Save. - Save file to desktop is recommended.
You can read more about downloading, extracting and installing the files here.

❈ Vanilla Save File
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2464743

❈ Chocolate Save File
http://www.simfileshare.net//download/2464732

❈ Ella's Fixed World Map File
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2464727

❈ Sunset Valley's Original .World File
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2567781

– Wanted to make sure if something happened to the original world file while trying to make the switch between world files players had access to a backup copy of the original world file. See the spoiler tag below if you need help reinstalling.

And adding this one too, just cause. :)

Fixed Showtime Lots -
https://www.simfileshare.net/download/2397247

If you're wanting to play any of the Showtime careers you may want to download the Fixed Showtime Lots.

The zipped file includes fixed lots for Central Park, Mad Broncos Bar, the Stadium, Port a Party is now a Private Venue.

The files are in .package format and need to be copied into your Library folder. There's a file that gives more detail in the zip file.  It's called HowTo_Install.txt

I only fixed the few lots mentioned above, as I didn't realize at the time of fixing those lots there are other showtime lots that may need to be fixed as well. I have a how-to for that linked below, if needed:

[Info.] Fixing Showtime Lots ~
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=32190.msg511123#msg511123

Click the Spoiler below if you need help with reinstalling the Original Sunset Valley World File.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sunset Valley 2020 ~ Upgraded Lots Clarification
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2021, 02:48:15 AM »
We've gotten feedback from different players that they downloaded Chocolate instead of Vanilla because of the upgraded lots. We were curious about this, so we looked into it as we want to be fair to both Vanilla and Chocolate. :)

There is no difference in the community lots placed in both saves. Vanilla has different houses and Sims (Human) than Chocolate (more Supernatural).

However, some of the homes have been moved, remodeled in the saves or removed from the saves.

– Low Fat Ranch (Keaton Home) was removed to make room for an Exclusive Lounge.

– August Moon (Crumplebottom Home) was removed and Langerak family was moved to: 230 Redwood Pkwy

– Ye Old Tutor home was moved to: 130 Redwood Pkwy

– Science Lab was moved to: 14 Sierra Tango St.

– The "Loft" Apartment Homes have been moved up town, to the end of Pinochle Point.

–  Capitola A was moved one lot over in both saves, to make room for the Modern Zen home.

– Cozy Craftsman was remodeled (in Vanilla). Removed and replaced in Chocolate with the Kizzy home.

– The Shotgun Style home was removed and replaced with the Stylz home in Chocolate.

– The Beached Dreams / Myrtle house, which is in both saves was created for the 20x30 beach lot right next door to the Frio Brothers.

Some original Sunset Valley Sims were deleted from the saves and replaced with Sims from the different expansion packs as well as some player-made Sims.

In Vanilla there are mostly human Sims.

In Chocolate there are a mix of both human Sims and Supernatural Sims - Fairies, Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, Ghosts. (No Zombie families)

More family information in the links below. Please be aware some family ties have been cut between families that don't live together on the same lot. This will need to be fixed with Nraas Mastercontroller.

– Exclusive Sims in SV2020

– Family Information for Vanilla and Chocolate

Spoiler: Fix_Relationships (click to show/hide)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sunset Valley 2020 ~ Tips for Helping with Excessive Lag
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2021, 12:48:07 AM »
This is a companion post with what information has been posted in our FAQ section

Here are some suggested tips to help with lag for the SV2020 save files.

It's been suggested to delete bar lots or professional bar objects, elevators and subways.

That's great info, but what if you're a new player that isn't very familiar with Sunset Valley or these particular save files. This is where we've got you covered. lol  We share photos and addresses of where the bar lots and subways are so they are easily found.

Along with deleting most of the bar lots or professional bar objects, we delete the subways, and the Royal Paradise Hotel, as it is a big cause of lag in the save files due to it being a highly detailed lot.  For us it makes a big difference!!

Another help with lag tip: It's been suggested to remove some households if desired. Some players have deleted some or all of the households that were added to these saves from the player-made families to the families added from the different expansions.  Check here to see who was added.

Also checking what mods you have installed, as those can cause some lag as well. Specially if you have for example Nraas Story Progression and a lot of it's add-ons. Big mods that have add-ons are known to cause lag in the game.

The more content (CC and Sims 3 Store Content) added to the game will add considerable lag to the game.  It's a good idea to check that too.

We can't promise this will fully fix the lag, but it should help and allow for a better gameplay experience. :)

** Save a copy of the save file before editing, just in case you change your mind.

Also, Nraas has a great article full of tips for better game performance. Read more here.

✦ Subways: - 10 lots/objects

- Military base - 79 Sierra Tango Blvd.

- Between the Loft Apartments and the Pet Parks - Pinochle Point.

- Stadium - 55 Landgraab Ave.

- Small Plumbob Pictures Backlot - 299 Skyborough Blvd.

- Score Sports Bar - 325 Oak Grove Rd.

- Mirabello Plaza - Behind the grocery store.

- Subway - Corner of Main and Sunnyside Blvd - kitty-corner to business building.

- Subway - Across the street from the Unabridged home at 455 Sunnyside Blvd.

- Royal Paradise Hotel - Across the street - 2 Pi R Cilium Ln.

- Subway at entrance of Summer Hill Ct.

✦ Bar Lots/Objects: - 12 lots/23 pro bar objects

Via Nraas there's 23 pro bar objects. -- Path on how to get bar count -
Active Sim > City Hall > Nraas > MC > Town > Object Stats > Local - This will give you the furniture objects.

23 professional bars including the ones in the Big Resort.
https://i.imgur.com/sllPup4.jpg

Count by going around bar to bar - 12 Bar buildings

- The Royal Paradise Hotel - 2 Pi R Cilium Ln. - 5 Pro Bars
9 bars in the hotel 5 professional 2 seasons ones 1 sleek bar and one pool bar

- Score Sports Bar - 325 Oak Grove Rd. - 4 Pro Bars
- Port A Party - 365 Oak Grove Rd. - No Pro Bars = All Juice.
- Wakizashi Club - 350 Oak Grove Rd. - 2 Pro Bars
- Mad Bronco's Bar - 74 Landgraab Ave. - 1 Pro Bar
- Unagi Center - 86 Landgraab Ave. - 2 Pro Bars
- The Under - 107 - 1/2 Skyborough Blvd. - 1 Pro Bar
- Pisces - Main St. Across from Business Tower - 1 Pro Bar
- Disco Llama - Corner of Main and Sunnyside Blvd. - 2 Pro Bars
- Local Watering Hole - Sunnyside Blvd. Beside the Criminal Warehouse - 1 Pro Bar
- Ultra Violet - 260 Sunnyside Blvd. - 1 Pro Bar
- Patty's Anchor - Sunnyside Blvd. Behind the Art Gallery - 2 Pro Bars
- Terra Cot Home - 15 Summer Hill Ct. - 1 Pro Bar

✦ Elevator Information: - 44 Elevator pieces

44 Elevator pieces in SV2020.
https://i.imgur.com/7C7cI3D.jpg

Bulldoze the Big Resort (The Royal Paradise Hotel) - 2 Pi R Cilium Ln. and it's down to having only 8 elevator pieces.
https://i.imgur.com/UHcZvb0.jpg

-- There's 36 pieces in the big resort alone.

Offline timuryushkevich

• Nooboo
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2021, 06:17:20 AM »
Hi there, first of all thank you for this world, im enjoying it thoroughly for the past weeks especially the gigantic resort that was used to be a landgraab facility station,

here's my feedback and suggestion:
I think the amount of exclusive lounge and bar is rather too many for a suburban town like sunset valley, some suggestion to replace majority of the said lots to be arcade station or cafe with barista bar from university pack, a garden, and more housing.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2021, 02:56:45 PM »
Thank you so much for your compliment on the save files!!

I am not sure if there will be a new version created of the save files, but will make note of the suggestions.

A suggestion for those who find there are too many bars in SV2020 is to bulldoze them via edit town. From there you can add more residential lots, a community garden, Sims 3 store community lots or whatever you'd like to make it your own. :)

You can add arcade machines to the upstairs part of the laundromat located at 270 Sunnyside Blvd and a Coffee Bar from University to the local gym, library or maybe even Mirabello Plaza. Be aware the coffee bar does add another service roll to the town.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sunset Valley 2020 ~ MrsFlynn's Roll In the Project
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2021, 12:24:39 AM »
I realized recently reading through the thread, I never really stated what my roll in this project is. I'm sorry about that. I'd like to explain and maybe help clear up some confusion.

It was Jaga who put the SV2020 save files together (adding the expansion community lots, Sims and houses) along with owning and creating the official website. He has the original save files.

My roll is to help with questions and keep the FAQ section up to date.

I cannot do anything to the saves to update/fix them or add player suggested lots or objects.

I feel I also need to clarify that I do not own the official site nor do I have access to it. I had my account deleted for personal reasons.

All I and others that help in this thread can do is offer suggestions on fixing the lots, reducing lag, and help players make the save files their own.

I -very- much appreciate the support that has been and is shown for the save files!! It warms my heart. 🥰

I really don't know if these save files will be updated/fixed. I haven't heard from Jaga in quite some time.

If I do find questions other places I do my best to answer them here in this thread. :)

Offline justcallmedots

• Nooboo
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2021, 05:54:43 AM »
Hello. I registered just for this website topic. I got a few questions.

1.  Why not remake the town in CAW similar to what "Tunzz95" did with the 2016 version nicely packed in a .sims3pack  instead of a save file(you can google for them as I don't wish to link them)?
2.  Why not use and compact some of these lots?
          - I have seen the military base that can be knocked off with CAW and just have the rabbit hole with city hall police and military all in one pack leaving tons of space to develop other stuff like maybe having an amusement park if you have the CC from the store.
           -  The hospital and science lab can be merged these days leaving space for people to build/set up their own CC.
3. Why no ports for optional houseboats if someone wishes to install them? Maybe some people like to have a minimum of two houseboats in their gameplay.
           - One houseboat would be right above Rocky Reef and the other right in between Recurve Strand Beach Bar and Smuggler's Lair so if someone wants to "change scenery" they would be able to. But yes, please don't include the houseboat itself just a port.

I am asking these questions because I keep seeing the same save game over and over again and when it updates I basically start a new game and have to update the map myself and it can be frustrating to redo stuff just because of some bug fixes that may have occurred from the previous years.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2021, 12:32:58 AM »
CAW wasn't used because there wasn't a desire to change the map layout and felt CAW wasn't needed.

Combined rabbitholes can cause more issues for players. In that they don't work for some in-game opportunities and aren't fixed by mods. Rabbitholes need to be replaced with the single ones to complete the opportunities.

Rabbithole rugs/doors weren't used because they are mods and didn't want to use mods or custom content in the saves.

It was decided to leave the ports/docks out. To leave that up to the player to add if desired.

– Please understand with these particular save files, other shared save files or even towns made with CAW, they are created by various players with different visions for what they want to create and share.

If you find you don't like what someone has to share, you can pass on it. Or just leave a nice comment of Thank you for sharing. :)

Offline justcallmedots

• Nooboo
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2021, 05:38:42 AM »
I do like it but I prefer merged lots so that we can also use store content if someone has them. I never had issues with rabbit holes where I cannot complete opportunities.

Maybe my expectations are a tiny bit too high, but I just thought I swing by and provide feedback on the inconveniences I have to endure over the years.

anything