Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 150984 times)

Offline computertech82

• Nooboo
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »
Downloaded this today, to check it out. Some of the houses are brilliant in design, but I noticed, that none of the empty houses, so far, has a single pet dish (or any other expansion items).

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2020, 05:01:40 PM »
Thank you for the compliment and the reminder that pet dishes/beds/toys aren't in any of the houses that have pets. I noticed this too awhile back.

You can either remove the pet or add the objects yourself by going into buy mode while on any residential lot.

There's a few ways to edit lots:

1. Via Edit Town
  2.With active Sim and testingcheatsenabled on, click on ground of lot you want to edit and select build or buy on this lot. Warning this will use your active household's money.
  3. If using mods Nraas Debugenabler build/buy on this lot.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline computertech82

• Nooboo
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2020, 05:44:08 PM »
One thing I would note, The flying V coffeehouse is fairly famous for having sims fall through the world and never come back. Even Nraas doesn't help. Mostly happens to the worker assigned to the property. You have to know their name in order to reset them, but they will fall though again when they go back to work. I can still find my old post about in back in 2015, but I can't find the original post (a different person) about showtime properties. I don't remember if it was just the flying V property with that issue or if several have that issue.

Offline highsis

• Nooboo
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2020, 05:31:09 AM »
Thanks for the awesome mod.

I noticed that in the Chocolate version the iconic Landgraab family has been replaced with less prominent Wolff family from the same town; having played Sims from 1 this bothers me too much to play the Chocolate version although otherwise I would prefer it to vanilla. Could you restore Landgrabb family back to their house? I don't see why they had to be removed from their holdings being one of the three representative families of Sunset Valley.

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2020, 02:35:50 AM »
You can do that yourself :)

Launch SSV2020 Vanilla,or SSV regular world Then click on the three dots-edit town
Find the Landgrabb household then click on the household-click on save copy to library
At that point you can save the family (household only) OR the household with house up to you which one you want to save.
Click on the three dots again-main menu you will be asked if you want to save,no or cancel click on no as you won't be playing that save
Then launch your Chocolate save click on the three dots-edit town-click on the Landgrabb family in your library-place  copy-select lot-purchase lot-back to game and done :)
There a number of vacant lots so place them wherever you wish that is available and affordable
IF you decide to save the Landgrabb's with their own home then find an empty lot with the same lot size which would be 60X60 and there's not any 60X60's available in Chocolate :/

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2020, 05:41:25 PM »
I noticed a question over at the SV2020 site on the FAQ page and wanted to answer it here.

SV2020 does not have any Katy Perry Sweet Treats (KPST) lots installed. However, it does have 1 item from the pack installed.

It's the Fountain of Sweet Treats and was placed in the Royal Paradise Hotel. Not having this item should not affect either save file.

The photo shared is of Flying V's Coffeehouse. It's a community lot from Showtime and the ice cream decor is something that came with the lot. See photos below these are from the lot I just placed in-game to grab some photos.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Coffeehouse

Click images to see larger view -

Rainaelf Asks: (From the SV2020 site)
I don't have Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. How will that affect the ice cream shop lot?

–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2020, 03:14:36 PM »
thank you, mrs flynn! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lapaige46

• Nooboo
Superstar Athlete Unemployed - Don't Have ST
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2020, 04:20:04 PM »
Hello. I just started to set up SV2020 by moving my Sims in. One of them had reached her Lifetime Wish of becoming a Superstar Athlete and I was working on getting her to level 10 so she could start on a second career. However, when I moved her into her house, she was suddenly unemployed. I tried reloading previously saved games but she always came back as unemployed.
Then I discovered that, unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be a sports venue. Could this be why she no longer has a job? Could it also be because I don't have all the expansion packs? I don't mind starting her second career earlier than I wanted but I'd like to understand why this happened.
I'm working with 6 Sims and everyone else is still employed.
Thanks.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Superstar Athlete Unemployed - Don't Have ST
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2020, 05:28:46 PM »
I don't think this is problem with the SV2020 save, as such. As Athletes should be able to get a job at the Stadium and keep their job after they move into their own home. I'm not sure why they're not allowed to keep their job.

Do you have anymore information to help troubleshoot the issue?

Offline Lapaige46

• Nooboo
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2020, 06:20:50 PM »
Thanks for responding. I am playing 6 sims - 3 guys, 3 gals. They are all friends and even some romance going on. Two of the guys are on second careers and the others are almost ready to move on. I saved each of the 6 along with their homes so that I could move them into SV2020. I have 3 lots on Sun Song Ave and 3 and Sunnyside Blvd, all on the beach. I bulldozed the existing structures and placed my sims on the newly cleared lots. All except for my athlete transferred with their jobs intact. I do have to make friends with everyone again but I expected that.
The problem is, unless I'm completely missing it, there doesn't seem to be a stadium and I'm wondering if that's why my athlete is now unemployed.
I have Sims 3, Seasons, Ambitions, Generations and Pets. No other expansions but the stadium was there before now.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2020, 06:26:13 PM »
If you don't have Showtime, a black box will be in it's place, as it has been removed from game and will not function.

It will look like this: (Click image to see larger view)

✽ The game does not replace the stadium automatically.  If you do not have Showtime, it will need to be replaced.  There are two to options to fix this:

1. Edit the lot, delete the stadium shell. Go into Build Mode > Community Objects > Buildings tab and Filter by Sims 3 and look for Llama Memorial Stadium and place it on the lot.

2. Load up the original Sunset Valley and save a copy of the original stadium to your library and place it into your SV2020 save file so that you can have a functional stadium.

✽ Due to replacing the stadium, you will need to have your Sim join the Sport Career again.

The Stadium from Showtime was added to the SV2020 saves as it's not only a stadium, it's a big show venue.

Offline Lapaige46

• Nooboo
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2020, 06:48:28 PM »
Ok. Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Offline Lapaige46

• Nooboo
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2020, 06:59:04 PM »
It worked to a point. I got the stadium back but she's still showing as unemployed. I'm not sure if I can fix that because I started more or less fresh and deleted all my saves for this sim.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2020, 07:36:10 PM »
I'm happy to hear replacing the Stadium worked. I'm not sure why she's still unemployed other than, you may need to have her go to the stadium to rejoin the career. This is due to replacing the stadium.

Or did you already try that?

Offline Lapaige46

• Nooboo
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2020, 07:45:03 PM »
Just to let you know, after saving her I evicted her and bulldozed her house. Then I replaced her on her lot and she has her job back. :D Thank you for your help.