Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 151051 times)

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 09:22:43 PM »
well, I gave up.  I uninstalled all of the Sims 3 and expansions and am reinstalling in the hopes that that will do it.  If this doesn't do it, I guess I'll have to wait until I need a new computer....lol
Had you considered uninstalling all Adobe products (including Acrobat), then re-downloading the files for SV2020?  Clearly Adobe is doing something harmful to your data.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2020, 12:20:26 AM »
This version of SV will definitely be more interesting than the original one, and the routing fixes will hopefully prolong the time until the next move is necessary.

Between you and I - I don't think you'll need to move again to 'reset the neighborhood'.  SV2020 (and all the lots on it) was painstakingly optimized, so unless you bork some lots with really bad pathing, you should have clear sailing ahead.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turjan

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2020, 08:48:52 AM »
Heh, you definitely sound optimistic  :).

In my experience, worlds will always deteriorate over time. You get accumulated errors baked into lots and sims, which results in the game slowing down. The larger the lot, the faster the deterioration process. I'm happy if this takes a lot longer than in my current game, and a good world base is already a wonderful start

Anyway, for me it's now time to start for real.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2020, 02:58:34 PM »
Hmm....interesting and frustrating!  This time, when I went to the main menu there were two blank boxes - no houses were the boxes that you illustrated.  I clicked on each box where the houses should have been.  The good news is that the SV2020 heading did come up above - one for Vanilla, and one for Chocolate.  The Bad news is I got the following message:  Cannot load this save game.  It may not have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system.  I'm not sure if there is a way to rectify this issue.  One thing I can tell you which may or may not help me solve this is that I have yet to play a game since I uninstalled and reloaded everything.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2020, 03:57:21 PM »
-snip-

Skip - I'm going to start a PM conversation with you and MrsFlynn to directly help you with your installation. Please look for it and reply to all so that we can all discuss and get you sorted out.  Thanks!

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2020, 05:39:11 PM »
Heh, you definitely sound optimistic  :).

In my experience, worlds will always deteriorate over time. You get accumulated errors baked into lots and sims, which results in the game slowing down. The larger the lot, the faster the deterioration process. I'm happy if this takes a lot longer than in my current game, and a good world base is already a wonderful start

Anyway, for me it's now time to start for real.

I've run SV2020 Vanilla through several in-game weeks without any deterioration in performance while doing testing.  I did a weekly Town Reset using Master Controller, but that's all.  There's of course the possible problem of orphaned objects, but usually MC takes care of that.  And clothing, which can over time get to be an issue in TS3, but there's not a way to control those in the world.

Have fun playing Turjan!

Offline Turjan

• Nooboo
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2020, 09:10:59 PM »
As long as it beats the roughly 500 ingame days my last SV ran, I'm fine.

Look, my guy can even swim without getting wet  :D

But yeah, I heard the water in SV isn't deep enough.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2020, 10:04:19 PM »
As long as it beats the roughly 500 ingame days my last SV ran, I'm fine.

Look, my guy can even swim without getting wet  :D

-snip-

But yeah, I heard the water in SV isn't deep enough.

Heh, that's kinda funny.  :)  I tested the dive spots, even saw some NPCs swimming around them while I was out there.  Drove a jet ski around for a while, etc.  Never saw any out-of-water experiences.  All the dive spots submerged completely when placed, so that might be a one-off kinda thing.  I have seen sims rarely "swimming around on floors after getting out of pools", but I think that's a bug related to the game itself.

500 days is a looooong game, not sure I've played one of that duration before.  Will be interesting to see how the world holds up!

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2020, 08:11:16 PM »
MrsFlynn noticed some bugged & invisible Junkyard spawners on one of the apartment lots today (at 2450 Pinochle Point).  The lot was originally created as a Junkyard in Sunset Valley, and re-zoned for residential.  Spawners sometimes bug out when you attempt to bulldoze a lot - these are bugged and don't show visibly when editing the lot.

Click on image to enlarge

Good job on the keen eye MrsFlynn!

The spawners generate and place random items (like furniture) on the ground on that lot as time passes, which isn't desirable.  To fix the spawners, install & use NRaas Master Controller to get an object list and delete them.  After MC is installed and your game is loaded and running, move your camera over to the lot at 2450 Pinochle Point and do the following:

• Click on a patch of open ground, choose NRaas, then choose Master Controller (with the yellow circle next to it)
  • Click on Object Stats, then click on Not Inventory, then click the large checkmark
  • Scroll down in the list until you see five objects without icons, named "Objects.Spawners.JunkyardSpawnerX (where X is 1 through 5)
  • Click each one to turn them all yellow (selected), then click the large check mark
  • A new menu opens with all five listed, simply click (All) in the list, then the large check mark again
  • MC will confirm you want to delete (All), click the large check mark to permanently delete the spawners

IF the spawners left furniture objects on the ground floor (the bottom floor outside the building), you can either delete or pick those items up with a sim to get rid of them.

Make sure to save your game after the deletion, or it will appear when you reload it later on.

We will have this fix in a v1.1 set of Vanilla/Chocolate worlds available for download.  OR, if we manage to get v2.0 of the worlds ready soon enough, we'll distribute the fixes in that version for download.

Offline Fiatil

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2020, 02:58:03 PM »
I just registered an account to say I love everyone involved in creating this.

I got the urge to play The Sims 3 several weeks ago and I've been hooked since.   But man, it was an effort to play.  I have a very good gaming PC and it just ran terribly -- I was using Overwatch which helped, but I had to be very gentle while playing it.   It often crashed while moving around the town screen, and saving took over 2 minutes despite having a solid state drive.  Crashing + long save times are no fun at all.   I tried the fixed version of Isla Paradiso which still ran fairly terribly, and Union Cove which ran better but not particularly well, and crashed pretty regularly.

But this map works great.   Save and load times are 1/4 of what they were on Union Cove -- thanks all!

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2020, 03:02:22 PM »
Very glad to hear you're enjoying the worlds Fiatil.  :)

We're working on 2.0 which has some town improvements (lights, new properties), the 1.1 version of the Royal Paradise Hotel, and some fixes for bugs we've found.  Should be ready by Valentine's day, so you have plenty of time to keep playing until then.

Offline breessie

• Nooboo
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2020, 05:01:42 AM »
I too had to make an account just to give my biggest thanks to everyone who worked on this world! It singlehandedly saved my Sims 3 playing experience. No lie, I've tried for years and years to make my game work without crashing despite of having a good computer, overwatch and errortrap and all the possible fixes, and I think now for the first time since the game came out, I've been playing the same save-file for close to 20 hours without a single crash, and I've been having a blast with it. Can't wait for new updates, thank you again for your hard work! ;D

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2020, 03:18:02 PM »
Thank you for the kind words Breessie!  We're all smiles over here after that kind of feedback.  :)

Offline Nikodemonek

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2020, 11:28:56 AM »
Hi! That's a very nice world you got here.
There is one problem I found...
Some of the subway stations are named "Subway Station Station". That really annoys me... Could you name some of them? Thanks.

Offline Turjan

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2020, 09:20:01 PM »
You can easily give them your own names in "Edit Town" - at least I did so myself. Obviously, leave the "Station" out of the name when you do that.

anything