Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117881 times)

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
Re: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)
« Reply #420 on: June 16, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »
I just read through the story from page one! It was written with such grace and elegance! You should get an award for this!
The ending picture was superb as well! I can't believe how many exclamation marks I'm using, but your story blew me away!

Great Work!!

Kent ;)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #421 on: June 16, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »
Why, thank you, Kent!  I'm very glad you enjoyed the story.  Might I indulge in a bit of shameless self-promotion and suggest you check out my other stories as well? (Links in my signature)  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #422 on: June 16, 2012, 10:02:57 PM »
I'm half way through the Clan Douglas Dynasty, and it is really fun to read your works. XD

Kent ;)

SimBlip

« Reply #423 on: August 25, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »
I'm so glad I read this. You tell your stories so well. There is a lesson to be learnt from this, I'm sure. :)
Thanks for writing!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #424 on: August 27, 2012, 02:43:43 PM »
Thanks very much, SimBlip!  I'm glad you enjoyed the Vandersim story and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Lightheart

• Nooboo
« Reply #425 on: September 08, 2012, 01:04:33 PM »
Schipperke,

Thank goodness this thread is not over 60 days old, because I really wanted to slip in here to tell you how much I have enjoyed the Vandersims, and the Douglases! Only just registered a few minutes ago so I could add my praises to your already long list of admirers. It was your stories, and Pam's, and a few other challenge tales that kept me glued to my monitor all week. My eyes hurt, but the pain is worth it.

Your writing skills (including grammar and punctuation!) and imagination stand tall in the Simmie world, a world I've been partaking in for 12 years. While story-telling with Sims 3 hasn't happened for me on my very limited 6-year old PC, I love to see what you're doing with the EPs and SPs that I'm afraid to install. All I can say is, "phenomenal!" I look forward to discovering other tales from you and the many talented writers here at Carl's and Pam's place!

Thank you for so much fun. :) (Sometimes a smilie just says it all.)
--Lightheart
Moderation in all things, including moderation.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #426 on: September 09, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Lightheart, and thank you very much for your kind comments!  I'm very glad you enjoyed the stories and who knows - now that you've joined the forum, perhaps you'll be able to share a story or two of your own with us (maybe on a new computer, perhaps?).  Or perhaps you might have a Sim to refer to The GO Treatment Centre, the story I'm currently working on (link is in my signature).  Thanks again for the comment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #427 on: October 16, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »
Schip, I just stayed up past bedtime reading this from beginning to end and I loved every bit of it!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #428 on: October 16, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »
Schip, I just stayed up past bedtime reading this from beginning to end and I loved every bit of it!

You read it all in one sitting?  Odinsdottir, I am truly impressed with your endurance!  And glad you enjoyed the story.  Thanks very much for the comment.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #429 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:22 PM »
Schip, my dear, didn't you know your stories are becoming legends around here, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Louise56

« Reply #430 on: October 28, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »
I spend my afternoon reading your story, it is so awesome when I start reading I couldn't stop! Now it is time for a cup of tea and rethink how wonderful this read was. :)

Offline ilovebakedgoods

• Llama Wrangler
  • I just swallowed my gum.
« Reply #431 on: November 25, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »
I read this before work today. What a story! I started crying near the end because of how much Pippa and Sebastian had grown and learned and how they changed the lives of so many needy children for the better. Silly me, these are just Sims but I get so emotional over stories like this. I love that you've turned it into a project with a rules set. I have played a house full of children and one adult but it wasn't quite the same type of setting. It was the Granny Shue family and all of the children have become young adults and Granny has passed on but they are thriving and growing because of all she did for them. The Shue "kids" that I keep in the house will continue to adopt other children for generations upon generations. It's one of my favorite families to play.

I will be devouring all of your stories within the next few days. I fell in love with Incubus in the Christmas story thread and now I know where to find him next, hehe.

Offline HippyFreek

• Nooboo
« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2012, 03:57:50 AM »
AMAZING!

Your stories are so great! I've read all of them in the last week! I'm looking forward to the next chapter of GO! :D

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #433 on: December 10, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »
WOW Another brilliant Schip story! So sad to see it end and yet the ending couldn't have been more perfect! I agree that you should write a novel Schip as your talent is amazing! Heck maybe you could even end up with a successful series like Harry Potter or Christine Feehan's Dark series... I would definitely read it and so, I am sure, would everyone else on the forum!

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #434 on: December 10, 2012, 11:25:32 AM »
I just don't know what to say.  What's amazing is how kind and encouraging everyone here is, one of the  many reasons why this forum is such a great place.  I've never written anything except the stories here, and I don't see myself as a "real" writer (whatever that may be) - just someone who got into it through playing Sims.  But I have to admit, it's a lot of fun.  And I really appreciate the feedback, even though I often don't know how to respond to it.  I'm so glad that my stories can provide entertainment for others.  :)

anything