Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651023 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #900 on: February 07, 2012, 04:31:25 PM »
Lots of good luck, Rachel!  I'm so glad we haven't heard the last from Hebe!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #901 on: February 07, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »
Metro,if you were not all married and an ocean away I would give you a big kiss. Thank you Kat I am glad Hebe and James can continue on with their story.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #902 on: February 07, 2012, 11:51:40 PM »
I've run into a pretty serious technical glitch and I'm at a loss how to fix it.  My heir has met all of her moving requirements and is ready to marry her fiance and move out.  The problem is that the Get Married interaction isn't coming up.  It's just gone!  I threw a wedding party and they couldn't get married.  I took them to the beach to try for a private ceremony.  I reset both Sims and tried again the next Sim day and they still can't get married.  I've gone through the romantic interactions until I have the option for woohoo, but still no Get Married option.  I really just don't know how to get them married and in the same house.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #903 on: February 08, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »
Pam,I had a similar problem in one of my decadynasty attempts in the end I gave it up as a bad job and married someone else.  I hope someone else can help you out because I am not much help at all.

Rachel

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #904 on: February 08, 2012, 03:41:06 AM »
Pam,I had a similar problem in one of my decadynasty attempts in the end I gave it up as a bad job and married someone else.  I hope someone else can help you out because I am not much help at all.

Rachel

That's a viable alternative.  It would be a shame, though, because they've been engaged for ages.  Thanks for the suggestion, Rachel.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #905 on: February 08, 2012, 08:05:24 AM »
@Pam, that's a bummer. Not sure what to even suggest aside from reminding you that heirs do not need to be born to 2 Sims that are married.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #906 on: February 08, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »
@Pam, that's a bummer. Not sure what to even suggest aside from reminding you that heirs do not need to be born to 2 Sims that are married.

So what your saying is that the Dreamweaver heir could move in with her fiance. I am probably missing something but I didn't think it was possible for a Sim to move into another house without getting married. Unless Taffy was to move into a townie house,by leaving home,and inviting Derek to move in with her. Would that be at allowed under the rules.

Edit:Just checked the rules and there is nothing as far as I can see to stop Taffy from moving into a house of her own and inviting Derek to move in with her.

Of course the final decision is up to Metro.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #907 on: February 08, 2012, 01:44:19 PM »
Edit:Just checked the rules and there is nothing as far as I can see to stop Taffy from moving into a house of her own and inviting Derek to move in with her.

Correct. And as I said, Pam's roadblock — the marriage interaction — is technically not a rule. Parents of heirs do not need to be married.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #908 on: February 08, 2012, 03:12:25 PM »
Hi Metro,

Now I'm a bit confused...
My impression from the rules and consequent discussion is that each heir must move into a Townie house (a house in town with Sims living there).

From posts #408 & #409 (page 17):
2. The founder does not have to marry a townie because he/she IS a townie. However, all heirs must move into a new townie home.
Yes to everything.

But, from the discussion between you & ratchie (posts #906 & #907), we can move an heir into an empty house and invite a townie to move in?

Also, on a different note, I know that we cannot start in a house with any children, but can our starting Sim (who is single, childless, and living alone) marry a someone that has a child already? (Basically, can Christopher Steel marry Fiona McIrish? They would live in his house and she would not bring her daughter with her when she moves in.)

Thank you!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #909 on: February 08, 2012, 04:08:11 PM »
Hi Metro,

Now I'm a bit confused...
My impression from the rules and consequent discussion is that each heir must move into a Townie house (a house in town with Sims living there).

From posts #408 & #409 (page 17):
2. The founder does not have to marry a townie because he/she IS a townie. However, all heirs must move into a new townie home.
But, from the discussion between you & ratchie (posts #906 & #907), we can move an heir into an empty house and invite a townie to move in?

Also, on a different note, I know that we cannot start in a house with any children, but can our starting Sim (who is single, childless, and living alone) marry a someone that has a child already? (Basically, can Christopher Steel marry Fiona McIrish? They would live in his house and she would not bring her daughter with her when she moves in.)

Thank you!

As far as I am aware There is no rule that says the heir has to move into an occupied house but they would not be allowed to move into an empty lot and build. They have to move into a townie house doesn't say that a townie has to be currently living there.

As for your second question Christopher Steel could marry Fiona McIrish and again as far as I am aware there is no rule about moving children in. You only have to start with a house with no children so River could move in too.

Of course I might be wrong and Metro can correct me.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #910 on: February 08, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
1. Heirs must be the result of two Sims living in a household Trying For Baby and must be born within 10 days of starting in a new Townie house.

That's the relevant rule. Townie house IMO would typically mean that a townie does live in the house, but as Rachel correctly pointed out, it may be empty. Townies may have lived there in the past. But, the bottom line is you need to move into some existing house that you have not lived in before.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #911 on: February 08, 2012, 05:43:16 PM »
Thanks Rachel & Metro for your quick responses -- appreciate it!   ;)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #912 on: February 08, 2012, 06:33:36 PM »
I was under the impression that the only way to move out was into a current townie home via marriage to someone in the home. And if you wanted an NPC for a parent, you'd have to have the NPC move into the new house after the marriage. But if what you're saying is the case, we don't actually have to move into a house with a townie present. We can use the Move Out (or Kick Out then switch households via Edit Town?) and then as long as someone moves in to be the other parent/spouse and an heir is born in 10 days, it's still well within the rules?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #913 on: February 08, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »
That's the relevant rule. Townie house IMO would typically mean that a townie does live in the house, but as Rachel correctly pointed out, it may be empty. Townies may have lived there in the past. But, the bottom line is you need to move into some existing house that you have not lived in before.

That's not at all the way I understood the rules.  A townie house by definition contains a townie.  Otherwise, it's just an empty house waiting for someone.  Surely this has already been discussed and hashed out in earlier posts.  This ruling will change the whole way people play this challenge.  Having a Sim purchase a house and invite someone to come live isn't nearly the same as moving into an existing townie house.

I was under the impression that the only way to move out was into a current townie home via marriage to someone in the home. And if you wanted an NPC for a parent, you'd have to have the NPC move into the new house after the marriage. But if what you're saying is the case, we don't actually have to move into a house with a townie present. We can use the Move Out (or Kick Out then switch households via Edit Town?) and then as long as someone moves in to be the other parent/spouse and an heir is born in 10 days, it's still well within the rules?

No Edit Town.  Your Sim would have to purchase the new home and move in the game.  Also, marriage isn't the only way, but it's the easiest way to move into a current townie home.  The only other way would be for the other Sim to ask your Sim to come live and that happens rarely.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Remy

« Reply #914 on: February 09, 2012, 01:27:15 AM »
Wow, this challenge looks awesome! Metropolis Man thanks so much for creating it!

anything