Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643285 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1230 on: July 16, 2012, 07:56:06 PM »
I believe the Display Table is the same one you use for transfiguration.

Thus, I believe the 10 items cannot be items you transfigured (like leaving 10 Mysterious Mr Gnomes - which would be hilarious, of course).

Oh thanks, Shirin.

I've never transfigured anything, so I don't think I'm at any risk of breaking that one.

Dek

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1231 on: July 16, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »
Oops, I just realised I missed the other part of the question.

I believe that the potions would be fine if made using the chemistry table, since it should fall under the "created" option.

But I haven't started a DecaDynasty, so I'm not 100% there.

Also, I just noticed that apparently Gnomes are ok to leave (just make sure you find them and don't transfigure into them).

Note to self: Start a DecaDynasty tonight.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1232 on: July 16, 2012, 11:14:55 PM »
Oops, I just realised I missed the other part of the question.

I believe that the potions would be fine if made using the chemistry table, since it should fall under the "created" option.

But I haven't started a DecaDynasty, so I'm not 100% there.

Also, I just noticed that apparently Gnomes are ok to leave (just make sure you find them and don't transfigure into them).

Note to self: Start a DecaDynasty tonight.

I'm not sure doing the potions would be a good thing unless you were specifically trying to find a tenth object.   Potions when created cost money but do not sell for anything. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1233 on: July 16, 2012, 11:42:19 PM »
Oh.

Does that matter if they sell for $0? The rules don't say either way, but I can certainly see your point.

(Personally, potions wouldn't be my choice of object either.)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1234 on: July 16, 2012, 11:52:01 PM »
Oh.

Does that matter if they sell for $0? The rules don't say either way, but I can certainly see your point.

(Personally, potions wouldn't be my choice of object either.)

The value of the 10 items left behind is a scoring component.  If you don't care about your score, then it doesn't matter what the items are worth.  If you're keeping track on the spreadsheet, you'd have to mark them as $0 value.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1235 on: July 17, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »
The value of the 10 items left behind is a scoring component.  If you don't care about your score, then it doesn't matter what the items are worth.  If you're keeping track on the spreadsheet, you'd have to mark them as $0 value.

Oh, awesome. Thanks for the information.

Now to stop sounding all silly and make a file!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1236 on: July 17, 2012, 01:41:15 AM »
Ok, my apologies for the double post, and if this has been answered before (I couldn't find it):

I know the Wishing Well is banned, however, what is the ruling if you want to play this file in Lucky Palms? Is it a banned town; use Edit Town to remove/enclose it so it can't be used; just be honest and don't use it all?

(I want to try Lucky Palms as it's a town I've not yet explored, and I think I may potentially have found a decent Dynasty spouse here!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1237 on: July 17, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
Lucky Palms isn't banned just the wishing well so like all challenges for the forum adhere to honor code and just don't use it.  You cannot actively go to the wishing well and use it.  In my decadynasty there, I've been near it just long enough to take screenshots then I got away from it very quickly.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1238 on: July 17, 2012, 01:56:56 AM »
Awesome, that was what I thought (like the well in Hidden Springs), I wanted to double check and make sure!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1239 on: July 17, 2012, 03:13:10 AM »
Regarding the potions. I was playing around with how Sheldon Cooper could raise his Logic Skill and saw that there were 10 potions that could be made. That resulted in me wondering if potions were a possible category for the 10 items left behind, as they weren't listed in the rules from what I can see. From my experience, when each of the 10 potions are discovered, the potion made at that point is made for free.

Then I sent him to the consignment store, where he managed to find himself a camera, so I then got him to run around taking pictures. Him being a coward makes things interesting.

What do you mean I get distracted easily? I tell you I have a very good attention span. Oh! Something is sparkly over there. Excuse me while I go off and see what it is. :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1240 on: July 17, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »
Regarding the potions. I was playing around with how Sheldon Cooper could raise his Logic Skill and saw that there were 10 potions that could be made. That resulted in me wondering if potions were a possible category for the 10 items left behind, as they weren't listed in the rules from what I can see. From my experience, when each of the 10 potions are discovered, the potion made at that point is made for free.

Then I sent him to the consignment store, where he managed to find himself a camera, so I then got him to run around taking pictures. Him being a coward makes things interesting.

What do you mean I get distracted easily? I tell you I have a very good attention span. Oh! Something is sparkly over there. Excuse me while I go off and see what it is. :D

Good luck with your shinies!  As for the cost of potions, they always cost something to make.  Dynasty founder of mine supermaxed logic before he was an elder and he just paid §67 to make generation 5 a stack of sleeping potions so it's never for free to make but they are sold for free.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1241 on: July 17, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »
When they are discovering potions and they discover a new one, they get a bottle for free.  If you make a learned potion, then that is when they begin to cost something to make. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #1242 on: July 17, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »
It's the very next sentence. Supermaxing includes maxing the skill.

I appreciate your getting back to me.  However, this is not where my confusion lies.  I fully understand that supermaxing includes maxing the skill.  My confusion was with the discrepancy in wording between the two rules sets for the two challenges.  But no matter...I grok the intention, so I'm set.  :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1243 on: July 17, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »
I appreciate your getting back to me.  However, this is not where my confusion lies.  I fully understand that supermaxing includes maxing the skill.  My confusion was with the discrepancy in wording between the two rules sets for the two challenges.  But no matter...I grok the intention, so I'm set.  :)

No other heir can SuperMax the same skill as another heir. - Supermaxing includes maxing a skill -- Therefore No other heir can supermax or max the same skill as another heir.

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #1244 on: July 17, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
No other heir can SuperMax the same skill as another heir. - Supermaxing includes maxing a skill -- Therefore No other heir can supermax or max the same skill as another heir.

Yep - that's just how I thought it worked.  Thanks!  :)

anything