Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653157 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1110 on: May 25, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »
Just to add to what Rica has said the baby that Claire has at the begining of the game would not be allowed to be the heir. She would have to get pregnant again and have a second child within the ten day time limit.

Actually it might not be possble to play with Claire at all it was decided that the heir should be the first born into a family and that any children that a founders spouse had before they married should be left with their other parent. That is impossible to do with Claire so I would say that you cannot use Claire Ursine as a founder or a founders spouse.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

SimBlip

« Reply #1111 on: May 25, 2012, 04:28:54 PM »
Hi all,

I signed up recently a) because I love reading sims stories and b) because I'm really excited about this challenge.
I read all the posts on this thread and was so pleased to find answers to most of the queries I had. Brilliant job!
But one question remains concerning the treasure chest.

A heir moving home must leave everything behind (apart from his/her personal Career and LTR rewards). Once this heir has moved he/she is allowed to return to e.g. harvest the garden or fish in the pond established there.
Is he/she in the same way allowed to take advantage of the contents of a treasure chest on the parents' or even ancestors' lot? See, if the treasure chest is placed outside the house, it can only too easily be accessed even from a distance.

It isn't very interesting towards the requirement of 10 items collected by the current household - using it that way would be a cheat - since whatever is in there was gathered by the previous household. But it could help the moving heir in other ways.
For example: I find incense quite important ( I play with base, WA and Ambitions only). Incense holders could be passed on and would not require travel for the sake of these items.

I am aware that very precious gems, metals, moneybags and so on could be placed in there. All of which, when sold would make the heir rich even if he/she had only just moved into the smallest of abodes. It could also give him/her other advantages: fast car, camera, books?

It almost feels like a cheat to use a treasure chest like this, but on the off-chance that it is not and other Simmers do this all the time, I just had to ask... allowed or not?

Thank you. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1112 on: May 25, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
Hi all,

I signed up recently a) because I love reading sims stories and b) because I'm really excited about this challenge.
I read all the posts on this thread and was so pleased to find answers to most of the queries I had. Brilliant job!
But one question remains concerning the treasure chest.

A heir moving home must leave everything behind (apart from his/her personal Career and LTR rewards). Once this heir has moved he/she is allowed to return to e.g. harvest the garden or fish in the pond established there.
Is he/she in the same way allowed to take advantage of the contents of a treasure chest on the parents' or even ancestors' lot? See, if the treasure chest is placed outside the house, it can only too easily be accessed even from a distance.

It isn't very interesting towards the requirement of 10 items collected by the current household - using it that way would be a cheat - since whatever is in there was gathered by the previous household. But it could help the moving heir in other ways.
For example: I find incense quite important ( I play with base, WA and Ambitions only). Incense holders could be passed on and would not require travel for the sake of these items.

I am aware that very precious gems, metals, moneybags and so on could be placed in there. All of which, when sold would make the heir rich even if he/she had only just moved into the smallest of abodes. It could also give him/her other advantages: fast car, camera, books?

It almost feels like a cheat to use a treasure chest like this, but on the off-chance that it is not and other Simmers do this all the time, I just had to ask... allowed or not?

Thank you. :)

Not a cheat to me at all. No more than using the guitar exploit to get millions quickly and who does not do that when a subway is nearby? Lol.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #1113 on: May 25, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »
Could you start out with the Singleton brother's household in AP even though Booker is the father of an unborn baby?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1114 on: May 25, 2012, 04:52:34 PM »
Could you start out with the Singleton brother's household in AP even though Booker is the father of an unborn baby?

I would say not.  Here's the rule about it.

2. Choose a pre-made townie family with no children from any unaltered EA designed neighborhood.

The brother is part of the family, so he can't have any kids.  If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1115 on: May 25, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »
Rodney starts the game as a young adult so  then I would think that they are fine to use as a starting family. It would be like stopping the frio's from being dynasty founders if we stopped people from using families that have siblings living together.

I would think that Booker would be fine as a dynasty founder as his child is or will be living with his or her mother.

Rachel

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #1116 on: May 25, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
Could I start using the Langerak household in Sunset Valley? I know I couldn't start with Dustin and Iliana because of Parker and Kaylynn, but what if I used Zelda and got her married to Stiles McGraw for example? Or would that not be allowed because Zelda is living in a house with children, even though they are not hers?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1117 on: May 25, 2012, 05:47:36 PM »
You would not be able to start in the Langarek household because the household has children in it. But you would be able to start in the Roomies household and have Stiles marry Zelda.

Rachel

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #1118 on: May 25, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Rachel.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1119 on: May 25, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »
I think Rachel is right.  I'm sorry for speaking up with the wrong information.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

SimBlip

« Reply #1120 on: May 27, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Thank you for your answer. I should have mentioned it in the same post, but there is another thing I do not feel clear about.

Former household members may not be invited to join the heirs' household, but how about the heir joining a household with a former household member? I know it sounds stupid, but there is a difference, isn't there? Say in case of the roomies: Stiles and Emma have a son. Tamara gets pregnant and moves into her husband's house. She gives birth to a girl. Can the heir marry this girl and move into Tamara's household?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1121 on: May 28, 2012, 08:42:23 AM »
Thank you for your answer. I should have mentioned it in the same post, but there is another thing I do not feel clear about.

Former household members may not be invited to join the heirs' household, but how about the heir joining a household with a former household member? I know it sounds stupid, but there is a difference, isn't there?

Okay, I bolded the part I want you to clarify. That would be your current household correct? Won't there be a new heir in that household?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1122 on: May 28, 2012, 09:28:37 AM »
Metro,I think what Simblip is asking is whether it would be alright for an heir to marry someone who lives in a house which also has a household member in it who previously lived with heir or any previous heirs.
So if Stiles and Blair  left the roomies household,leaving Emma and Cylone to be the founders of a decadynasty,then Stiles and Blair had a child would Emma and Cyclones child(the heir) be allowed to marry and move into Stiles house,as both Stiles and Blair have previously lived with the founder.

I really hope I explained that correctly,Simblip please correct me if I am wrong.

Rachel

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1123 on: May 28, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
Okay, I guess that's alright. Maybe I need another Mountain Dew to clear the cobwebs. Lol.

SimBlip

« Reply #1124 on: May 28, 2012, 03:11:22 PM »
Thanky you, Ratchie, for rephrasing my question. You got it in one and formulated it far better than I did.
Thank you, Metro, for giving your seal of approval.