Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 660617 times)

Sportsfan

Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #585 on: September 26, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
There are three types of tombstones when the grave is outside.
They are based off of how many LTHP a sim has accumulated in their lifetime.
1. The smallest is just the small one that lies on the ground.
2. The medium is not lying on the ground and is medium sized.
3. The largest one is very tall in the air.

I read somewhere (I think in the Dreamweavers) about what LTHP amounts give you which tombstone, but I don't remember what the numbers are off the top of my head.

Daemo

« Reply #586 on: September 26, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »
Wow thank you, I never realized that there were different gravestones before I have just always seen the one that looks like the 'typical' tombstone.

Thank you

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #587 on: September 27, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »
I can't remember the exact numbers, but I can say you need to get 75,000 LTHP in total for one sim to receive the medium one. So you should aim to get 75,000+ to guarantee that requirement.

Daemo

« Reply #588 on: September 28, 2011, 06:13:48 AM »
Is this one of the acceptable Graves or not?

Edit :Excellent Thank you Rachel.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #589 on: September 28, 2011, 06:26:01 AM »
Yes that is acceptable,it is the medium sized tombstone.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Daemo

« Reply #590 on: September 28, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »
I have completed the requirements for my first heir to move out.  However, I have a question that needs answered before I can do this.  

When I use the phone to have my sim move, and I select his new house, and click make this new house the active household, it says that he is going to take $134,000 with him to this new house.  Is this correct? Is he taking all the cash with him to the new house?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #591 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »
I have completed the requirements for my first heir to move out.  However, I have a question that needs answered before I can do this. 

When I use the phone to hvae my sim move, and I select his new house, and click make this new house the active househole, it says that he is going to take $134,000 with him to this new house.  Is this correct is he taking all the cash with him to the new house?

When I moved my heir out, he did not take all the money with him, but this was because his mother and sister stayed in the house. If your heir is the last sim in the house when you move them, then all the money will go with them to the next home. At least I'm 95% sure that's how it works.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #592 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
I have completed the requirements for my first heir to move out.  However, I have a question that needs answered before I can do this. 

When I use the phone to hvae my sim move, and I select his new house, and click make this new house the active househole, it says that he is going to take $134,000 with him to this new house.  Is this correct is he taking all the cash with him to the new house?

Are there any other Sims in the house he is moving out of?

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #593 on: September 28, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »
Daemo,
The way to move out with this challenge is to get married to a townie. When you get married, a move screen pops up. Move your heir into the townie's house and be sure to check the "make active family" button. You won't be using "move" on the phone or the computer.

Daemo

« Reply #594 on: September 28, 2011, 12:05:47 PM »
both his parents died, but i did turn his imaginary friend real.  So its just him and the imaginary friend now.

Edit : oh ok i will get him married and move him that way then and see what happens

Daemo

« Reply #595 on: September 28, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »
Hello, I have another Question lol.

It says if you spend a whole day on vacation it counts toward your vacation days.  Does this mean if I go only long anough to grab a camera then it doesnt count?

Sportsfan

« Reply #596 on: September 28, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »

It says if you spend a whole day on vacation it counts toward your vacation days.  Does this mean if I go only long anough to grab a camera then it doesnt count?
I'm thinking that if they are there for part of a day than it still counts. I'm not positive though.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #597 on: September 29, 2011, 06:38:15 AM »

It says if you spend a whole day on vacation it counts toward your vacation days.  Does this mean if I go only long anough to grab a camera then it doesnt count?

No. If any Sim shows up at a WA location — even if it's for a couple hours — then it counts against your total allowed.

------

EDIT: Yeah, I edited the rule. I'm not sure why I chose the original wording "and stays a whole day" because it's too much for players to keep track of partial days here and there.

Daemo

« Reply #598 on: September 29, 2011, 08:35:17 AM »
No. If any Sim shows up at a WA location — even if it's for a couple hours — then it counts against your total allowed.

------

EDIT: Yeah, I edited the rule. I'm not sure why I chose the original wording "and stays a whole day" because it's too much for players to keep track of partial days here and there.

Thank you for the clarification.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #599 on: October 01, 2011, 01:44:18 PM »
Hi! A new member here!

I only got Sims 3 last summer so I'm quite a newbie with the game. This challenge intriqued me and I decided to give it a go. And boy, how much I have learned with trying to reach the requirements. So thanks for a great challenge.

But I have a problem now. I played the Drudge couple in Twinbook. Their son filled all the requirements, got married and moved into his wife's home. At this point I saved and just after that I noticed I had forgotten to empty his inventory, which was full of all kinds of fish (he is an angler). So, would you consider that I have failed the challenge now?

I did go back to my previous save (the morning of that same day), emptied his inventory, got him married again and moved once again to the new lot. I would not want to quit the challenge, because of my bad memory. But if you say I failed, so be it.