Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643872 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1185 on: July 12, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »
When I first started my DecaDynasty, I thought it was harder than the Immortal Dynasty.  And some generations truly are more difficult than others.  My third generation who just got released as the current heir had a very easy time of it.  Everything went very smoothly.  Other generations won't be that easy.  You can work it out so that none of your generations are hurting for money.  Once you get started with Money Trees and perfect produce, you can put it into one of the chests you get while traveling.  My new family had nearly $300,000 sitting in that chest just waiting for them to pick it up. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1186 on: July 12, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »
I just got a random "+1,200" in my decadynasty while my Sims were asleep. I looked at everyone's work/retirement stipends, and nobody gets that much. :-\ Should I get rid of it?

I Googled it, and it seems that it's a common bug. I think that I got it once in one of my abandoned immortal dynasties, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1187 on: July 12, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »
I just got a random "+1,200" in my decadynasty while my Sims were asleep. I looked at everyone's work/retirement stipends, and nobody gets that much. :-\ Should I get rid of it?

I Googled it, and it seems that it's a common bug. I think that I got it once in one of my abandoned immortal dynasties, too.

No, that's fine. Keep it.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1188 on: July 12, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1189 on: July 12, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »
Although my toddler heir (gen. 4) is aging up on schedule, her parents seem to be stuck. Does anyone know how to unstick them? It's not a disqualification, but someone will eventually have to provide a tombstone.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1190 on: July 12, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
Although my toddler heir (gen. 4) is aging up on schedule, her parents seem to be stuck. Does anyone know how to unstick them? It's not a disqualification, but someone will eventually have to provide a tombstone.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,451.0.html

It's an allowed cheat, so don't worry about turning them on in these situations. Just remember to turn them off.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1191 on: July 12, 2012, 10:15:01 PM »

@Metro:

I think maybe Marian means their ages are stuck.  Not that the Sims are stuck and need a reset.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1192 on: July 13, 2012, 12:50:26 AM »
Are they stuck on 'Days to Aging Up: Never?' I suggested a check to fanofaband for her DecaDynasty, but it uses mods and you would need to ask permission to do it. I've only had the bug for my whole town, but I'm trying to work out what's causing it for just a few sims.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1193 on: July 13, 2012, 07:25:13 AM »
Oh, yeah. I misinterpreted "stuck." Haha. MarianT, let me know if you can/cannot find a solution. If you need to use a mod temporarily for a fix, then that's okay too. Just uninstall the mod afterwards before continuing. Good luck.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1194 on: July 13, 2012, 07:33:43 AM »
For reference, my suggested check was here:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11398.0.html

If it's not the aging flags, then I have no idea. Sorry. :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1195 on: July 13, 2012, 07:41:26 AM »
Thanks everyone! I'd hoped the problem would resolve itself when I returned to the game, but it's still there -- the toddlers are a day older, the parents not. Sweetpea, I'll try the mod, and if that doesn't work, I'll try evicting the family in Edit Town and moving them back into the same house.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1196 on: July 13, 2012, 07:50:46 AM »
Thanks everyone! I'd hoped the problem would resolve itself when I returned to the game, but it's still there -- the toddlers are a day older, the parents not. Sweetpea, I'll try the mod, and if that doesn't work, I'll try evicting the family in Edit Town and moving them back into the same house.

If neither of those works, another possible but very risky fix would be to use Twallan's advanced Reset Sim interaction, but I have no idea whether Metro will permit it or whether that's going to work.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1197 on: July 13, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »
Evicting the family in Edit Town should probably be your first choice, Marian. Use mods as a last resort, including Twallan's advanced Reset Sim.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1198 on: July 13, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »
Evicting the family in Edit Town should probably be your first choice, Marian. Use mods as a last resort, including Twallan's advanced Reset Sim.

I wouldn't recommend the Reset Sim unless it's the last option left. I have only ever used it when sims get stuck in the middle of a birthday interaction, because it does some irreparable damage including the loss of wishes and the current clothes. Because I've never had the bug, I am wary about recommending potential fixes that could make gameplay even worse than it is with bugged aging.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1199 on: July 13, 2012, 08:14:37 AM »
I wouldn't recommend the Reset Sim unless it's the last option left. I have only ever used it when sims get stuck in the middle of a birthday interaction, because it does some irreparable damage including the loss of wishes and the current clothes. Because I've never had the bug, I am wary about recommending potential fixes that could make gameplay even worse than it is with bugged aging.

Oh, believe me, I'm not recommending it at all. Using any mod always comes with a "use at your own risk" kind of understanding.

anything