Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653832 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #600 on: October 01, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »
I did go back to my previous save (the morning of that same day), emptied his inventory, got him married again and moved once again to the new lot. I would not want to quit the challenge, because of my bad memory. But if you say I failed, so be it.

How Tipi. Welcome to the forum. Yeah, sorry, but strictly speaking, I really can't allow you to go back just because you "forgot." I know that stinks, but rules are rules. I'm quite lenient when it comes to technical glitches, but your situation is different. Sorry. :( And needless to say, you're welcome to continue as is, it just means you won't earn a spot in the Hall of Fame.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #601 on: October 01, 2011, 11:21:26 PM »
Thanks - I fully understand your point of view. If it had not felt a bit like cheating to me, I would never have thought of asking about it here.  :) 

Would it be possible to continue with my original save, if there was a way of getting rid of the fish in the inventory somehow? Or is the inventory thing such a great miss, that I have blown my chances with this attempt of the challenge completely? I could 'stock pond' - but what to do if there were some fish left... I wish it would be possible to give a gift (like in Sims2) to the original household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #602 on: October 01, 2011, 11:30:07 PM »
@Tipi
Welcome to the forum!
With Generations, there's the option to "Give Gift".

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #603 on: October 01, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »
Thanks Seabody!

I probably should have mentioned that I'm playing with just the base game and Ambitions. This makes the challenge so hard. Like it really is difficult to find enough NPCs to befriend. With my setup, there are only 11 NPCs you can have as a friends - maid, repo, repair tech, baby sitter, social worker, pizza guy, burglar, police, firefighter, mail and newspaper deliverers - or am I such a newbie, that I just don't know all the possibilities?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #604 on: October 02, 2011, 07:33:04 AM »
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #605 on: October 02, 2011, 08:16:19 AM »
Would it be possible to continue with my original save, if there was a way of getting rid of the fish in the inventory somehow? Or is the inventory thing such a great miss, that I have blown my chances with this attempt of the challenge completely? I could 'stock pond' - but what to do if there were some fish left... I wish it would be possible to give a gift (like in Sims2) to the original household.

I don't see that this could be done.  The items have to be gone from inventory before the move happens, so disposing of them after the move doesn't count.  At this point, your only options are to continue "unofficially" and forfeit a spot in the Hall of Fame or start over with a new game file.

And welcome to our Forum.  It's great to see new members trying these big challenges.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #606 on: October 03, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
Thanks Pam. I have never had the ambition to make it to the Hall of Fame. I'm sure I never get even close to gen 10 in the challenge. It's just me wanting to do everything 'by the book' (I'm notorious of that at work, too). For now I'll see this first attempt as a rehearsal (though I'm sure I'll come back to the family cause I really like them) to a new attempt. In fact, I have already started a new DecaDynasty in Sunset Valley with Connor Frio and Madison VanWatson (I adore her). The first heir is a child now. I'll have to remember to edit my spread sheet to include a mention of emptying the inventory, though.

And thanks Ratchie for the list. I've never even heard of a science geek and a magician in Sims 3. And I thought the tattoo artist was a townie like the stylist is. But how do you befriend a ghost or the grimmie? In my game you cannot talk to the ghosts in the graveyard. And although Shamus Drudge chatted with the grimmie after giving him the death flower, the grim reaper did not show up in the friendship panel.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #607 on: October 04, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
Where can I find a magician?
Cynthia

Sportsfan

« Reply #608 on: October 04, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Where can I find a magician?
If you stay at central park long enough (sunset valley is assumed) then he should show up sometime. I've never seen him though.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #609 on: October 04, 2011, 11:14:50 PM »
If you stay at central park long enough (sunset valley is assumed) then he should show up sometime. I've never seen him though.

I've never seen him either. Does he come with an expansion or something? I'd never even heard of a magician until I read the rules for this.

Sportsfan

« Reply #610 on: October 05, 2011, 12:33:57 AM »
I've never seen him either. Does he come with an expansion or something? I'd never even heard of a magician until I read the rules for this.
I think I read about it vaguely somewhere else on the forum. I'm thinking that the magician is super rare.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #611 on: October 05, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »
The magician was intended to be an NPC for the game, but was pulled at the last minute. (S)he appears at Central Park - warning though, (s)he can teleport away! (vanish)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #612 on: October 05, 2011, 01:39:49 AM »
The magician has been around since the base game.  I've never seen one outside of Central Park, though.  I'm not even sure I've seen one in a town other than Sunset Valley.  When you do see one, act fast because, as Seabody said, they will disappear in the blink of an eye.  The costume is a tails tuxedo and a top hat.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #613 on: October 05, 2011, 03:06:52 AM »
I would also recommend that you do not go NPC hunting until your heir is older. If you look for people for the best friend and NPC requirement too early there is a chance that most of them will die before your heir reaches adulthood.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #614 on: October 05, 2011, 09:41:59 AM »
The magician has been around since the base game.  I've never seen one outside of Central Park, though.  I'm not even sure I've seen one in a town other than Sunset Valley.  When you do see one, act fast because, as Seabody said, they will disappear in the blink of an eye.  The costume is a tails tuxedo and a top hat.

I play my Dynasty in Twinbrook and have seen the magician in the central park there one or twice. Riverview might be more difficult, I don't think it has an actual central park.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations