Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651428 times)

Offline Phyre

• Occult
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 08:42:46 AM »
I must say that this new Dynasty looks very interesting and very challenging! The fact that it it's so different from the Immortal Dynasty also makes it a great addition!

I'm going to finish my Immortal Dynasty before I attempt this, I simply don't have the time to run two Dynasties at the same time. However, there's already stories forming in my head so I'm definitely looking forward to try my hand at this challenge when the time comes!

Great job, once again, Metro! Thank you!

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 08:43:44 AM »
I can't do it, I've tried twice already I just can't! My reason Is that I don't like playing Townies, Lol. I also don't get the 10 Unique Object thing at all.  :-\

I'll try in Twinbrook after I understand the Unique Item thing.

Yes you can. I have every faith in you.  I'm sure you'll get to like your heirs too, even if you dislike the original townies.

The ten unique objects... your sim needs to collate and leave behind the objects at the house they move out from (their parent's house).  So, your first heir could collect fish (which means no other heir can collect fish).  Your second heir could assemble a collection of ten paintings.  Your third heir could leave behind a collection of butterflies.  Etc.

Then, before you move, you just check the value of each of the ten items.  

Hope that makes sense.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2011, 08:49:09 AM »
Good explanation, Gheez. Thank you. On the topic of the 10 items left behind — players with all expansions will have a big advantage because they'll have more options available to them (and more profitable ones too) — i.e. inventions and sculptures.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »
Ah Thank You Gheez! I understand now!  :) Off to Twinbrook, get my Heir Born and start my Story.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2011, 09:40:19 AM »
So let me see if I have this straight in my head.

We start of with a single townie. Would Zelda Mae count for this seeing as she is single but lives in a house with children.
Then the heir has to complete several requirements before he or she can marry. Obviously we have to make sure that our heirs always marry townies and not NPCS.
The family makes a collection which we add up the value of before we leave that household.
I am assuming the heir has to be born by natural means but are the founder and spouse or heir and spouse allowed to adopt further children.

Then after ten generations we add up the value of all the collections take a picture of the final heir with the final collection and post our scores.

My final question can I write a story about my decadynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »
So let me see if I have this straight in my head.

We start of with a single townie.

Heh. Well, I need you stop you already. No, you start with any household that does not have a child.

Would Zelda Mae count for this seeing as she is single but lives in a house with children.

The household must not have children.

Then the heir has to complete several requirements before he or she can marry. Obviously we have to make sure that our heirs always marry townies and not NPCS.
The family makes a collection which we add up the value of before we leave that household.
I am assuming the heir has to be born by natural means but are the founder and spouse or heir and spouse allowed to adopt further children.

Yes.

Then after ten generations we add up the value of all the collections take a picture of the final heir with the final collection and post our scores.

You got it.

My final question can I write a story about my decadynasty.

Of course.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2011, 09:53:39 AM »
A household without a child so does that mean we could start of with the Wolffs and make them have a child together or would we have to make them break up and have Morganna marry again.
Also could we use the roomies household and have Stiles and Emma have a child for example.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »
Metro can I use the Knacks in Twinbrook? There are two Adults who have a Young Adult Daughter? Is that allowed? I hope so beacuse so far she is the only Townie I like.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »
A household without a child so does that mean we could start of with the Wolffs and make them have a child together or would we have to make them break up and have Morganna marry again.

No, definitely not.

Also could we use the roomies household and have Stiles and Emma have a child for example.

Yeah, I think that would be fine. Emma is not pregnant in the beginning, right?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
Metro, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for creating this challenge! I am loving playing as Agnes! Such an awesomeness!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »
No, definitely not.

So it has to be a household with unmarried Sims with no children.

Rachel

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2011, 10:02:34 AM »
Hey, you're welcome, Chronic. It will be a long journey for all DecaDynasty players. I'm looking forward to the eventual stories (and writing my own idiotic spin on this event).

Offline bored1

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2011, 10:03:07 AM »
Love this idea. just my speed- complex, but not frenzied. I rarely stick with legacies past the first few generations, and haven't tried a dynasty from here. was thinking of forcing myself to do the immortal dynasty, but this sounds way more fun to me.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2011, 10:04:09 AM »
One final question for now anyway. In the case of the heir being twins or triplets is the first born the heir or can we choose.

Rachel

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2011, 10:04:35 AM »
So it has to be a household with unmarried Sims with no children.

Rachel

No. The no children part is the key. But, single or married is okay.

anything