Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643986 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #375 on: July 14, 2011, 07:16:17 AM »
Thanks, Metro...you're the bestest!! ;D

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #376 on: July 14, 2011, 07:54:25 AM »
Metro, thanks-- not just for the challenge, but for answering all our questions afterwards.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #377 on: July 22, 2011, 07:36:36 AM »
I think my apartment's elevator is stuck, though the doors are not open.  The maid can't get up, and my heir tried to go school but couldn't get there due to the elevator.  Now it's time for the adults to go to work, and they are all just standing there, waiting for the elevator that never comes.

Can I please have permission to use buydebug to buy a new elevator, and see if that fixes the problem?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #378 on: July 22, 2011, 07:47:22 AM »
I think my apartment's elevator is stuck, though the doors are not open.  The maid can't get up, and my heir tried to go school but couldn't get there due to the elevator.  Now it's time for the adults to go to work, and they are all just standing there, waiting for the elevator that never comes.

Can I please have permission to use buydebug to buy a new elevator, and see if that fixes the problem?

Sure.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2011, 05:41:18 PM »
For one of the collections would it be alright to grow an omni plant feed it books and have the books as the collection. I know that feeding it a book we have bought from the book store probably wouldn't count as that is not something that has been grown,found,given or made but how about say a book that our Sims have found/stolen from base camp while on vacation.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
For one of the collections would it be alright to grow an omni plant feed it books and have the books as the collection. I know that feeding it a book we have bought from the book store probably wouldn't count as that is not something that has been grown,found,given or made but how about say a book that our Sims have found/stolen from base camp while on vacation.

Rachel

Sure, that collection sounds like a good idea, Rachel.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:04 AM »
This is confusing me a little.  I'm not aware of an official collection of books that would qualify for being left behind.  It's not the same as butterflies or gems where we know what's in the collection.  How will this work with books and the Omni plant?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2011, 07:45:25 AM »
This is confusing me a little.  I'm not aware of an official collection of books that would qualify for being left behind.  It's not the same as butterflies or gems where we know what's in the collection.  How will this work with books and the Omni plant?

Rachel's talking about feeding an Omni plant books that have been found or stolen and having the resulting book "fruit" count as a collection. So, as long as the books fed to the plant are not bought, she's fine.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2011, 01:48:56 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I just didn't see it...

Can presents from other sims (outside of the household - such as wedding presents) count as a collection for your heir to leave behind?

Thank you! 

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I just didn't see it...

Can presents from other sims (outside of the household - such as wedding presents) count as a collection for your heir to leave behind?

Thank you! 

Sure, why not? Lol. The more categories for possible collections the better.

norsky

« Reply #385 on: July 27, 2011, 02:10:42 PM »
I may have to try this. The deca-dynasty challenge sounds fun!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2011, 04:39:25 AM »
A couple more questions. The heirs have to supermax a skill does that mean other heirs cannot max the same skill. I am thinking purely in terms of careers as I might run out of career options if I cannot max Athletics more then once.

Second question would inventions count as a collection.

Third question the ten NPC friends do they have to be friends with the family at the time of the heir moving or can we collect them as the heir goes through his/her life. On the same subject how do we know if the NPC is a science geek.

Thanks in advance.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2011, 05:59:37 AM »
A couple more questions. The heirs have to supermax a skill does that mean other heirs cannot max the same skill.

Right. The SuperMax requirement means that skill is unique to the heir.

Second question would inventions count as a collection.

Yes.

Third question the ten NPC friends do they have to be friends with the family at the time of the heir moving or can we collect them as the heir goes through his/her life.

It all comes down to having moving requirements fulfilled at moving time just like in the Immortal Dynasty it all comes down to eating Ambrosia for the first time. Same deal.

dragonic2020

« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
Is using the potions from the chemistry set allowed for DecaDynasty as well as Immortal challenges?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2011, 01:57:23 PM »
Is using the potions from the chemistry set allowed for DecaDynasty as well as Immortal challenges?

Anything that has the potential to extend life would be banned for heirs in the DecaDynasty. In the Immortal Dynasty once an immortal has eaten Ambrosia then they're free to do minor things such as tattoos or makeovers, but some of the new Generation stuff would eliminate the need of eating Ambrosia altogether, so that is not allowed — i.e. the age freeze thing. Non-heirs in the DecaDynasty are free to do whatever tricks they want. Immortal Dynasty non-immortal household members still cannot prolong lifespan.

anything