Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1650580 times)

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #555 on: July 10, 2010, 11:19:37 PM »
Hey, I'm a little curious. Has anyone had a toddler that ran around a very big lot home? See, I just aged up my Sim's second baby, Lavender, and not only can she get out of her crib herself, she goes inside the barn, out to her father's farming field, and into the garage, usually bringing a toy to play with. The really weird thing is that she goes out the front door and through the garage's separate door, and the door to the barn in the back. She has not figured out stairs yet, thankfully, but I'm worried she'll hide somewhere where her parents can't get her.

Also, one of the NPC Sims got older, but she's a teenaged paper girl in all my Sim's relations for some reason. She does not come to my house anymore, but it's still confusing.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #556 on: July 11, 2010, 01:08:42 AM »
I've never seen a toddler get out of the crib before.  Are you sure one of the parents isn't letting her out when you're not looking?  And, yes, they do run all around the lot as long as there are no stairs.  They can open doors, no problem.  I like to get more than one toddler on a good sized lot and have Toddler Races with them.  It's hilarious watching them toddle long distances.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #557 on: July 11, 2010, 02:32:22 AM »
No, she's actually doing it herself. I've seen her do it once, and I had a previous baby in a different game do it, but he was not a wanderer.

Actually, another weird thing happened. My mommy Sim got pregnant right before her birthday. Now, she's stuck at 0 days to aging. Will she age up when she has her child? Or will I have to use the birthday cake?

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #558 on: July 11, 2010, 02:39:20 AM »
Was there an animation of the toddler getting out of the crib or did she just sort of *poof* out of it?

Pregnancy delays aging up to Elder.  She'll age up after the baby is born on her own, probably before you can even do birthday cake.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #559 on: July 11, 2010, 04:03:12 AM »
They are usually upset when they've done this. They wrench on the bars like toddlers do when upset, but then the poof onto the floor. It's only happened to two toddlers I know of, and I don't think skill has to do with either-Neither one had handy skills built up from the peg box, and neither had the handy personality trait. It's probably rare, and due to a glitch or something. I was just wondering if it's ever happened to anyone else.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #560 on: July 11, 2010, 04:50:51 AM »
That's hysterical!  I'd love to see my toddler tantrum herself out of the crib.  The peg box increases logic, though.  It's the blocks table during childhood that increases handiness skill.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #561 on: July 11, 2010, 05:11:39 AM »
Oh, I see. I only know of the xylophone's abilites off the top of my head. Has Carl made a guide to what books and toys do what for toddlers and children?

Also, before the toddler aged up, she did it again, without being upset. My mother sim kept trying to get her out of the field, but as soon as she put her down in the house, the child went back outside. I think it's a space issue for the baby, but I cannot expand my first floor quite yet. If I get a video, I'll upload it to youtube and link it here.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #562 on: July 11, 2010, 05:17:20 AM »
Has Carl made a guide to what books and toys do what for toddlers and children?

You bet he does!  And I helped write it.  Click here for the first page of the Parenting skill guide.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #563 on: July 11, 2010, 05:27:56 AM »
Thanks, Pam.  :D

One last weird thing- I had the girlfriend of my teenager sim come over, and spend the night. I sort of wondered if they would sleep in the same bed together, like adult boyfriend and girlfriend sims do, but she stole his double bed, and he kept acting like he couldn't get into bed (By yelling at me)   :-[ He had to sleep in the room I had prepared for when his younger sister would age up. Dose anyone know if you have a sleepover, will the invited child or teen take the bed of the person they're friends with, or will they just select a random bed? If they get desperate, will they be able to sleep on the couch like people sleep on the bed? I'm just curious, and thought it was weird.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #564 on: July 11, 2010, 06:07:10 AM »
I think they take any free bed when they get tired, so once you start seeing the bed bubble over their heads put the whole family to bed, I often have a spare bed if someone is staying the night.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #565 on: July 11, 2010, 07:04:47 AM »
Ah, thanks Samoht. :D Weird how she stole her boyfriend's bed though...It was in the loft of the barn, where he's got his room set up. It's even disconnected from the house.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #566 on: July 11, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »
Things sims can smell even if you hide them: beds, sprinklers, trampolines...what else?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

bshag

« Reply #567 on: July 11, 2010, 02:10:53 PM »
Grrrrr!  Music boxes!  My sim recently adopted and the room I fixed for him has a ninja music box...I can't keep the dad out of the room now.  He has one of his own, he needs to play with that one. ::)

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #568 on: July 11, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »
I know the one gnome I kept for a while was always getting tripped over by my family's dad. Seriously, he'd be walking to the upper loft to get the laundry, and he'd nearly run his face into the side of the house, thanks to that evil little gnome. I got rid of him soon afterward, too, because the whole 'gnome moving when I'm not looking' was reminding me of Child Play and the Trilogy of Terror tiki doll creature.

I've also seen my sim adults go into my loft when I had made a club for their son, and play with his stuff, turn on his Ipod, work out using his old TV... >:( Now it's technically his room, but he's still going through his sister's rooms to get to it, despite the doors to get into the barn...

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #569 on: July 11, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »
-Snicker- Hehehe...How many mohawks can you sport in a town before it turns into a mosh pit?

I've also seen several of the men in eygyptian robes with mohawks. They're probably foreign visitors, but still, I think the fad's getting a little too much...Time to whip up a stylist.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks