Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1631720 times)

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #750 on: August 13, 2010, 04:05:32 PM »
(2) Who is Social Bunny? (hehe)

As a fan of the Sims I feel offended when you say that. I suppose some of the "newer" sims fans don't know him. The social bunny appears when somone gets "lonely" (social meter is all the way down) during the sims 2. He tries to bring it up and does quite a good job with it. Too bad he didn't return in sims 3, I would've gotten a kick out of that.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #751 on: August 13, 2010, 05:27:56 PM »
Solstice, you're quite welcome. Other than the what I'm thinking is "a Hot Rod Table" in the lower-right hand corner of your first picture (which I'm sure you just didn't get to and still remains scandalously white), that's about as "co-ordinate-ed" as I think I've seen, anywhere. Beautifully done.  :D

Social Bunny: My game style is being very attentive to my Sim's needs (and as the game's evolved over time, their "Wants" and "Wishes" and "Goals"). It's one reason I have trouble "testing" things. I'll jump into a scenario with my Sim and end up "playing them." I figure / play as if "If my Sims are happy, I'm winning!"

In the Sims1, I accidentally walled off a Sim once in her bedroom. I wandered off, and when I returned, she was sobbing and crying, moaning pitifully and waving to me (on the other side of the screen) desperately in crisis. Dun dun dun, Social Needs Crisis!  I, *cough* got to the point where I'd play highly-social sims and, er, *cough* "accidentally" wall them off from other Sims, taking a cruel enjoyment in their cries of distress, I mean, erm. *Cough*

"Hey, you Silly Sim! You got a kitchen! A bed! A bathroom! What you crying about Sim?!?" hehe

Well, Sims2 rolls out, and I promise myself, "Never again. No more Sim socialization torture!" My first Sim2 in-game child was a "Popularity" Sim in good ole' "Strangetown." I still recall hearing her first Teen "slot-machine Wants/Fears" roll, seeing her "Fear" of "See the Social Bunny."

I was, "Uhm.  Who is Social Bunny?"

(She never did see him by the way. It was another Sim.  :( )

-- Happytime

P.S. @ MasterSiwel,

As a fan of the Powerpuff Girls, I'm snickering at you being offended! ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #752 on: August 13, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »
:D

I'm still gonna' stay all scandalized for a while.

I'm also gonna' work very hard on getting at least one room in "my" Sim's home as color-coordinated as you've shared here.

Again, Bravo.

-- Happytime

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #753 on: August 13, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »

Not sure if anyone has ever gotten close enough to notice that this balloon actually uses fire and you can barely see someone in the basket.  Pretty nifty.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #754 on: August 13, 2010, 08:32:48 PM »
Great shot, Salty. Now we know what they do with sims who contract the runaround bug! Off you go! Nowhere to run now, Miss Hotfeet!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #755 on: August 13, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »
You really need to move if it gets dark all of a sudden!

I had my fellow run across the road, but all the neighbours came to my yard to look up into the sky. At first the only thing in the sky above the yard where everyone was looking was a hot air balloon, but then the meteor arrived. All the onlookers got singed while my guy casually walked back across the road and called the fire brigade, who, get this, after they put out the fire, told me I should be more careful :o

Norma

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #756 on: August 13, 2010, 10:42:45 PM »
Did anything in particular precede this event? Telescope viewing?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #757 on: August 13, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »
No this was a new guy I just started playing. He only just moved into that block and was sculpting (right where the meteor hit) when he noticed the sky was getting dark. I've read enough to know to get him out of there  ;D
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #758 on: August 13, 2010, 10:59:39 PM »
Great shots, Norma!

That reminds me of what happened to my husband last weekend.  He was playing his little Sim family and I had just finished warning him about having his cheap grill so close to the house without a smoke alarm.  A few minutes later, his Sim was painting and the meteor came.  It landed right on the spot his Sim had been standing (he got far enough away to only be singed).  Two Sims got singed, everything in the back yard was burned in a huge fire, part of the house was burned, and some things were disintegrated.  It left a dent in the yard.  And here I was concerned about the cheap grill (which survived unscathed)!  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

simonica

« Reply #759 on: August 14, 2010, 01:29:39 AM »
What I love about this game is how I can play it, and play it some more, and still have something happen that surprises me. 

The other night some of my Simmies had just finished having late-night drinks at the diner in Twinbrook, when the ghost from the tombstone at the railroad crossing popped up next to them.  The ghost then proceeded to summon a car and drive it across town to a house, where he jumped out, floated into the yard, and disappeared.

Then, a night or two later, I was playing a Sim on a Egypt World Adventures trip, when a blue ghost floated by and kept on going.  The ghost dripped all the way down the road to a lake... where she then disappeared.  Creepy!  But in a good way. 

Of course, for all I know this has been happening in Sims 3 from the beginning and I just never saw these ghosts-with-backstory until I got Ambitions.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #760 on: August 14, 2010, 02:48:05 AM »
It appears that there's a congenital malformation that occurs with my legacy sims who feed the toddlers in a high chair. The bowl of brown goo gets stuck on their hand, kind of like a dog-cone, and they go about their work or chores with a bowl on their hands. I've given up resetting them; no one seems to mind their Neurosurgeon performing delicate surgery with plate-hand.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #761 on: August 14, 2010, 02:51:40 AM »
Resetting is supposed to work for that, LlamaMama.  Make sure you're typing the reset code exactly right.  It's case sensitive.

resetSim Firstname Lastname
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #762 on: August 14, 2010, 03:42:58 AM »
Oh, yes, I've successfully reset them numerous times. I'm just tired of bothering with it, so I leave them as is. I take it I'm not the only one with the issue.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #763 on: August 14, 2010, 04:00:43 AM »
That happens with my sculptor.  After he gets done sculpting, the chisel is still in his hand.  Resetting him always works, just weird and it is not just one sim, it is most of them most of the time.  I am use to is now, if that is the only thing that happens, then I am lucky. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #764 on: August 15, 2010, 02:39:10 AM »
I saw something funny today for the first time. I heard the music telling me that my legacy's founder was ghosting around at the cemetery across the street, and her thought bubble was about "home", so I decided to watch what she did. She didn't cross the street to her house, but instead called a car which drove her across town, where she got out and walked toward the Wolff's house, but vanished in front of the garage. Ghosts drive?

anything