Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1645281 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2010, 05:16:40 PM »
Most folks have been a bit disappointed in the magician.  He/she is hard to pin down for conversations, they are short a couple of traits, and if your Sim marries one, it's not a big deal.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »
The funny thing, my sim started flirting and carrying on, his three traits were, good sense of humor, flirty and loves the outdoors.  He is in her friends list, but without the makeup and suit.  She has invited him over a couple of times, but, too bad the magacians are not useful, just another townie.  Would be neat if you could at least hire them for kids birthday parties or something.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2010, 07:39:45 PM »
The funny thing, my sim started flirting and carrying on, his three traits were, good sense of humor, flirty and loves the outdoors.  He is in her friends list, but without the makeup and suit.  She has invited him over a couple of times, but, too bad the magacians are not useful, just another townie.  Would be neat if you could at least hire them for kids birthday parties or something.
Haha that would be great!

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2010, 11:09:13 PM »
Yeah, same story with the magician in my game. I found them at the park one day and rushed my Sims over to chat with them to keep them there while I quickly tried to get my other family members to the park to see if the magician would perform or something. But instead, the magician took off running and I couldn't keep up with them to see where they went.  :(  Hopefully EA will change that someday. 

I like your idea "Saltypaws" about the magician performing at kid parties, or any party really, or just show up in town at random times and perform.

I was considering bringing the ghost clown back to life and see if he did anything special - Does anybody know already? I think I've read something somewhere on the forum about the clown, but, I can't remember exactly.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2010, 04:12:19 AM »
The Ghost Clown is supposed to be some famous Clown from Sims 1 and he is burried in the Graveyard.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2010, 06:12:17 AM »
The Ghost Clown is supposed to be some famous Clown from Sims 1 and he is burried in the Graveyard.

It's the tragic clown. He was really annoying. If your sims where very unhappy or sad, he would come and try to 'entertain' your sims to make them happy again. Unfortunately he himself was also a little bit 'depressed' and he didn't succeed in amusing your sims. You could slap him though, which would actually make your sim happy.

The clown would leave if your sims were happy again, but this was very difficult with that depressed jester in your house. You could also buy his painting and try to set it on fire; this would burn the clown to death. EA also released a download which included the 'clown catchers'. You could call them and they would remove the clown for a small fee.

Well that's the sad history of the tragic clown. Spread the word!
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »

It's the tragic clown. He was really annoying. If your sims where very unhappy or sad, he would come and try to 'entertain' your sims to make them happy again. Unfortunately he himself was also a little bit 'depressed' and he didn't succeed in amusing your sims. You could slap him though, which would actually make your sim happy.

The clown would leave if your sims were happy again, but this was very difficult with that depressed jester in your house. You could also buy his painting and try to set it on fire; this would burn the clown to death. EA also released a download which included the 'clown catchers'. You could call them and they would remove the clown for a small fee.

Well that's the sad history of the tragic clown. Spread the word!

Ok, so definitely the clown should stay where he's at. lol
Thanks for the information!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »
I have revived Tragic Clown once, but he never did anything funny. I think he's just a normal sim with funny make-up who's there to make a reference to Sims 1 (and give head-ache to those that try to put some sort of chronology into the Sims games: Sims 3 is supposed to be taking place before Sims 1, so that means that the Tragic Clown was a ghost in Sims 1 or that someone'd revived him!).
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »
O.o Sims 3 is supposed to be taking place before Sims 1? Why?

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2010, 04:53:05 PM »
I'm curious to know why too  ???

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:39 PM »
Possibly because they had some starting families in the sims 1 who grew older, got children and eventually died. Most of these people were adults in the sims 1 (only 2 possible ages...) and elders or aduls in sims 2. The only missing life phase of these people was their childhood --> sims 3.

Of course this is my point of view and I'm not sure this was EA's.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2010, 06:33:19 PM »
Actually, that fact is commonly accepted by the gaming community.

The most obvious source is of course that Bella and Mortimer are children. Ms Crumplebottom from Sims: Hot Date is younger as well and is Agnes Crumplebottom now (not to be confused with Mrs Crumplebottom from Sims 2, that's another person).
I quickly looked up an example of an EA developer commenting this, so in this a little old youtube clip this guy briefly mentions Agnes Crumplebottom as the young Ms Crumplebottom (skip to the fifth minute if you don't want to see everything): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFq40YSYGso

Sims 2 is taking place after Sims 1. This can for example be seen in that Cornelia is a teen. In Sims 3 she is of course not born yet. In Sims 1 she's a child.
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »
Cornelia Goth is married to Gunther in Sims 3? Sims 2 she was dead.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2010, 07:03:43 PM »
Oh, yeah! You're right! Ha, ha, it's been too long since I played Sims 1 ;D. It was of course Cassandra Goth I meant.
Stupid similar names, always confusing well-meaning players... :)

TheLostGirls

« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
I like the names, it adds an air of mystery to the lives they could live.

anything