Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352862 times)

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #885 on: February 04, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »
I'm not sure where to post it but I'm having a little trouble with the world.  I need some of the large lots and when I bulldoze them and place my lot down, it changes back to the original--and it's already been bulldozed!  If I delete the empty lot, I can't place it next to the sidewalk because there are so many light posts so close together, it won't allow the lot to mesh to the sidewalk so the lot must be placed far from the sidewalk and does not look good at all.  Anyone else having this trouble?  I have cleared my cache files out hoping it would help but it doesn't.  It's like the original lots are hard coded into the hood!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #886 on: February 08, 2013, 08:22:55 PM »
I have been looking at Union Cove for awhile, but you needed Pets and I didn't have that one yet. Then I got Pets and Showtime, and then Supernatural and Seasons when they came out. So I finally installed the Seasons version last Sunday. The thought and hard work that all of you put into it --- it is Amazing!!! So many lots, and so much detail. And the Sims that everyone donated/created---I've met Carl, Pam, and Velmoor, so far. It was like meeting old friends you hadn't seen in forever. And I laughed out loud when Sheldon Cooper walked down the street. I will have to play his house before too long. Thinking his children must become part of my family!!! :o

And a special thanks to Esther1981---- I recently relocated my Being Green heir families, only 4 of them so far, to see if I could continue my legacy that kept error 12'ving in their original Hidden Springs. Whenever I load a new neighborhood, I always go in and check out all the new families. When the family picture of the Halliwell's popped up--I was shocked--Greenies in Union Cove! ;D The shock was quickly followed by feverish thoughts of who they were, how to play them, and most importantly, which one of my heirs would marry the teenage daughter, when she grew up of course. So imagine my surprise and delight when I realized that the Halliwell's are not a couple with a child----but 3 single Sims, elder, adult, and teenager----3 GREEN sims... Needless to say, I have incorporated them into my family already. Elder, Wyatt Halliwell has been turned by and married Johanna Rhoen Shue Halliwell. They have both been made YA with potion and he joins his wife as an immortal. They have also had twin daughters, toddlers, now. Brooke has her Mom's dark hair, while Zelda Jane inherited Wyatt's unique blue/red/white hair along with his blue eyebrows! I need to get a close-up of her to see if she kept the red eyes as well. And they are both vampires. Pam Halliwell is engaged to my Luke Earthsong and she has been turned as well. Her eyes are an amazing glowing red. As for Paige, she has Prom coming up with Fairy boyfriend, Andy Earthsong (Luke's great-great grandson) and she surprised him with a beautiful pair of light green wings of her own.

I noticed another blue/green couple with a green child too---and they will be my next household to play! I'm not sure who made them yet, but many thanks! I can't wait for more blue/green nooboos. And a single girl who is green as well. I can't believe my luck----3 new blue/green sim families to mix and match into my legacy!

Amazing job to all who contributed/collaborated on the beautiful world of Union Cove--- it will provide me with many many hours of wonderful simming.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #887 on: February 08, 2013, 08:24:41 PM »
I cant wait to get it! I am going to download it once i get Late Night, I'm so excited   ;D

Offline nessi

• Nooboo
« Reply #888 on: February 10, 2013, 12:40:16 AM »
I just downloaded this world and the save file cause I don't have all the EPs, but the game keeps crashing during the loading process  :(

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #889 on: February 10, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »
Most people who have it crash midway through loading are selecting new game, but need to be loading the actual saved file in order to play.

Offline nessi

• Nooboo
« Reply #890 on: February 10, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »
Most people who have it crash midway through loading are selecting new game, but need to be loading the actual saved file in order to play.
i loaded the saved file

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #891 on: February 11, 2013, 02:47:41 PM »
Hi nessi,
I would recommend you check this check list and if you still have problems with it, specially after DAP settings, ask for more help in Union Cove Technical Issues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cittigirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #892 on: February 11, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
So far I LOVE Union Cove!  Every contributor deserves all of the accolades I've seen and then some!  THANK YOU for your amazing work!  Quite incredible.

I had trouble getting it running - got the Stopped Working, Closing crash message (Win 7) and the save file said it was invalid in my launcher. 

I had installed Union Cove before the save file and before I had installed some of the EPs I thought were worth buying with the 50% off sale over the weekend.

I removed UC, and after all EP/stuff was installed, I reinstalled UC and re-saved the save file and it worked just fine.

So for those of you having issues, maybe try installing the UC custom content last.  And when you double click that file, be patient - on my computer, the launcher opened and nothing happened for at least 90 seconds. 

Offline nessi

• Nooboo
« Reply #893 on: February 11, 2013, 04:42:36 PM »
i redownloaded the saved file a few times and it's working good so far right now :D

Offline MulMizu

• Nooboo
« Reply #894 on: February 13, 2013, 06:37:59 AM »
I'm going to start crying soon.
I love Union Cove.  I LOVE Union Cove.  It's a beautiful world and I love all of the fine details that were put into it; genuinely my favorite world.

But my god, it is difficult to run on my computer!  The load time for the town can take upwards of 5-10 minutes and once it DOES load, my game runs fairly slowly/has rubberbanding, which I've only seen in MMOs prior to this.
Are there specific things I can do to the town to get it working better?  For instance, should I move some families out?  I would really prefer not to do that, since I love each and every Sim and I want to give attention to every single Sim lovingly made by the community.

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
« Reply #895 on: February 13, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
This looks like a great world! I actually haven't yet tried a world not made by either ea or myself so this will be my first one!
The only thing is ifeel uncomfortable not knowing anything about the spawners beyond they are ea-like. Could someone please give me more info or direct me to it?
thanks

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #896 on: February 13, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »
I'm going to start crying soon.
I love Union Cove.  I LOVE Union Cove.  It's a beautiful world and I love all of the fine details that were put into it; genuinely my favorite world.

But my god, it is difficult to run on my computer!  The load time for the town can take upwards of 5-10 minutes and once it DOES load, my game runs fairly slowly/has rubberbanding, which I've only seen in MMOs prior to this.
Are there specific things I can do to the town to get it working better?  For instance, should I move some families out?  I would really prefer not to do that, since I love each and every Sim and I want to give attention to every single Sim lovingly made by the community.

I run Game Booster with it:
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I also use Pescado's 3 booter and fps limiter.  You can try running it on lower settings also.  I turn my shadows off.  Once in the game I remove most of the fencing around houses, reduce the number of lights in the homes, reduce or remove the excess fountains and sprayers.  Also I use the CFF suite:
http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

It has a setting that opens up the game to use the 4 gigs of ram instead of 2.  By using this combination the world runs a little better but it does take forever to load stuff.  It's worth it though, the world is very pretty and the sims are fantastic!  Before I used the CFF I did get some error 12 during saves but after adding the fps limiter and CFF I haven't had the error 12's lately.  Error 12's are usually associated with lack of memory.  My computer has 16 gigs of membory & a quad core but the world is still difficult to run.  I have portered the sims from that world and there are 185 including pets.  Twallan advises to have the world set on 150.  I have raised mine to 350 - 400 sims depending but for some, 185 for a beginning number of sims is quite a lot.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #897 on: February 13, 2013, 05:06:28 PM »
Lately I am finding that Union Cove takes the same amount of time to load as Sunset Valley and other EP Worlds, actually for the time spent waiting I open Union Cove more often than I open Sunset Valley now.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #898 on: February 13, 2013, 11:19:39 PM »
Union Cove is absolutely better than Sunset Valley for loading times, at least for me. That wasn't always the case, so I'm happy for that change.

I'm slowly rediscovering my love for this world. I just love all the scenery, which is strange because I'm usually turned off by semi-tropical worlds for the game.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #899 on: February 21, 2013, 07:17:07 AM »
I just wanted to say, I just got my new rig/tower and for the first time since UNION COVE came out, I can load it in lightening speed! Everything renders on time and it's just beautiful! My new graphics card makes a world of difference, plus a quad core and bigger power supply. Thank you again guys. I can't wait to play in this world again!