Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 312077 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 03:08:48 PM »
While exploring the Union Cove Families, I found that every time I tried to play the Ingles family, I could make that family the active family. But I couldn't Start Playing. The loading thing would pop up for a half a second and then disappear.

All other families were able to load up or I would have posted this in it's own file.

Has anyone else had a problem playing the Ingles family?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I just tried to load them but I couldn't. I'll check other households too, and will fix up this mistake in updated world.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 01:51:51 PM »
First, Thanks a lot for creating this new world which looks so beautiful in screenshots. And I'm curious my household is ok in there. :D But unfortunately, I have a small problem to open the world. I'm not good at English, so can't fully understand the message from my game and also have no clue what I have to do to solve this. So I brought a screenshot here. The Union Cove filed is in my Saves folder of the Sims3 and can see the saved file in the main menu but can't start.

Would you please help me? Thanks!

I have the Sims3 base, WA, Ambitions,LN, High End Loft, Town Life and Fast Lane.
I uninstalled Generations and Pets.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
Summers, make shore you installed UC, as you would install anything else from the Swap Shop, check if it is among installed content in Launcher.You must have it installed so you can use the save file :)

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »
Summers, make shore you installed UC, as you would install anything else from the Swap Shop, check if it is among installed content in Launcher.You must have it installed so you can use the save file :)
Thank you for the reply. I actually have no clue what kind of files in Swap Shop I need to install for using UC. There are too many English and my eyes are spinning with them.  :-[ Would you give me a link for it? I can't find anything installed in my launcher. I just downloaded the zipped World File, extracted it and dragged it into the Saves folder.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
First, Thanks a lot for creating this new world which looks so beautiful in screenshots. And I'm curious my household is ok in there. :D But unfortunately, I have a small problem to open the world. I'm not good at English, so can't fully understand the message from my game and also have no clue what I have to do to solve this. So I brought a screenshot here. The Union Cove filed is in my Saves folder of the Sims3 and can see the saved file in the main menu but can't start.

Would you please help me? Thanks!

I have the Sims3 base, WA, Ambitions,LN, High End Loft, Town Life and Fast Lane.
I uninstalled Generations and Pets.

I had the same problem and same message. I can now use UC; but, it takes forever to upload because it has so many homes and people. Everyone said Bridgewater was lagging for them; but, UC lags even more. I bought a new computer that use just for the sims and while Bridgewter works like a charm, UC still lags. I think it's the size and number of households.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
I had the same problem and same message. I can now use UC; but, it takes forever to upload because it has so many homes and people. Everyone said Bridgewater was lagging for them; but, UC lags even more. I bought a new computer that use just for the sims and while Bridgewter works like a charm, UC still lags. I think it's the size and number of households.

Are the sims many more than Sunset Valley? But I just want to have a look and see what it's like myself. My computer has Win7 64bit OS quad core with 6 GB Memory. Wouldn't it be fine for UC?  :-\ How did you solve this issue? Please help me.:)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
Summers, when you open the page where you find the save file, you can see the list of "mirrors" - these are sites where UC is is uploaded - just click on one of them, then download UnionCove, when file is saved, click "open" and it will start the launcher and install in game. Only then you can use the save file of it.

You can click on this link and chose slow download to get it:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/download.php

(Rapidshare is working without problems by selecting the middle one "Save file on your PC" by clicking on Download button in green square)

EDIT:
About lag, it is a huge world, and it takes time to load all objects on huge lots. We had some people on official site testing UC with great PC's and reported no lag at all (people that usually test worlds there). It is bigger than BridgePort (It does include all LN venues and Pets, and everything else game has to offer, which no EA town has). I managed to load it with highest settings today, but it is very hard to navigate around (with average processor and just 2GB of RAM). With settings on low, I can play it without lag and save without errors, as most of the others can, so I'm positive you'll be able to play around with it! Good luck and let me know if you need help with it!

EDIT 2: There are around 2 times more Sims and lots than in SV, but number of Sims will change with story progression on - Sims your PC can't handle will move out, but again, your PC is not bad at all - it is much better than mine and not much Sims would need to move out. Depending on your graphic card, only settings may be troubling, in terms of long loading - lowering them solved even the error 12 for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 06:29:24 PM »
Summers, when you open the page where you find the save file, you can see the list of "mirrors" - these are sites where UC is is uploaded - just click on one of them, then download UnionCove, when file is saved, click "open" and it will start the launcher and install in game. Only then you can use the save file of it.

You can click on this link and chose slow download to get it:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/download.php

(Rapidshare is working without problems by selecting the middle one "Save file on your PC" by clicking on Download button in green square)

EDIT:
About lag, it is a huge world, and it takes time to load all objects on huge lots. We had some people on official site testing UC with great PC's and reported no lag at all (people that usually test worlds there). It is bigger than BridgePort (It does include all LN venues and Pets, and everything else game has to offer, which no EA town has). I managed to load it with highest settings today, but it is very hard to navigate around (with average processor and just 2GB of RAM). With settings on low, I can play it without lag and save without errors, as most of the others can, so I'm positive you'll be able to play around with it! Good luck and let me know if you need help with it!

EDIT 2: There are around 2 times more Sims and lots than in SV, but number of Sims will change with story progression on - Sims your PC can't handle will move out, but again, your PC is not bad at all - it is much better than mine and not much Sims would need to move out. Depending on your graphic card, only settings may be troubling, in terms of long loading - lowering them solved even the error 12 for me.

Oh Thanks very much for the clear answer. Yes actually, I didn't understand what the mirrors were for. I will try again.
I have Radeon HD 5770 Graphics card on my machine so I think it should be ok for Sims play. :)
I've never got the error 12 since I played it on window mode but usually, I just save once a sim day while my household is in sleep so I don't have to lose anything with it.:) Thank again~!!

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 05:28:25 AM »
How do I solve the message 'the Sims3 has stopped working' in the middle of loading UC?
I tried the couple of times but still see the message and the game quit.
Of course, I tried to open with the one in the new game panel.
I don't have the message with the UC Starts saved file.
I'm curious why I get the message with only the one in the new game menu.
Would someone explain the reason? I'm very curious about this.:)
Because I'd like to use the real world menu more. Thanks.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
Summers, you need to have all EP to be able to load a new game in UC. If you don't have them all, load the saved file which is saved before any family is chosen, so you'll start the same way you would with new game. That way objects from EP you don't have will be replaced or deleted by the game.

Dolphinsong

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »
I have yet to be able to save in Union Cave after the first or second save. After that I get an Error 12 message. I use no mods at all and the default towns that comes with the expansions work perfectly fine, just Union Cave itself has that issue. This is after I've installed the patch required to install the world.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 12:57:23 AM »
Dolphinsong, I had the same issue before I lowered the settings. Even if I can play it with highest settings possible, I can't save it due the same reason - error 12. Lowering the settings makes saving 100% efficient, at least for me  :).

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
I've installed Union Cove and I want to move my Sims from old save to here. However, the game halted once I'm placing house or family in "Edit Town" mode.
I'm using Mac with 4GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M display card. I've all expansion and stuff pack and no mod installed.
Thanks for help in advance.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Dolphinsong

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 01:57:53 AM »
Tried
Dolphinsong, I had the same issue before I lowered the settings. Even if I can play it with highest settings possible, I can't save it due the same reason - error 12. Lowering the settings makes saving 100% efficient, at least for me  :).

Tried lowering settings, still couldn't save.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 10:02:36 AM »
Tried
Tried lowering settings, still couldn't save.

Not shore what else to say but try lowering them more, delete all .bad saves in Saves folder, pause the game while saving and use Save As instead of just Save. I can play UC with all settings on highest, but have to put them almost all on lowest to be able to save.

I've installed Union Cove and I want to move my Sims from old save to here. However, the game halted once I'm placing house or family in "Edit Town" mode.
I'm using Mac with 4GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M display card. I've all expansion and stuff pack and no mod installed.
Thanks for help in advance.

Hi skybaker, I'm not shore why this is happening to you as many of us use Edit Town without problems. It seems like your processor is having hard time with it, so check for background processes, and possibly even turn of the internet connection, to prevent autoupdates running without you knowing about them. Also, lowering the settings may help with this.
Did you try more different families/lots on different locations? Which location(s) are creating a problem?

anything