Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 312299 times)

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »
Ok. After running the instail process. It says UnionCove.Sims3Pack.failed.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 01:23:50 PM »

Since this is the first time I saw that this can happen, I googled it and find 2 more reports on web, but no explanation at all ::)

Only thing I can think of is that you may not have enough free space, or that file is damaged somehow. I'm really sorry that happen, and as I said, never saw it before. Hope someone else might know more about it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »
I've got the room. It might be that it didn't download properly and because of the mirror's I can't redownload.

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 03:56:31 PM »
So far the only problem I have had is that old annoying pause bug says hi...

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »
Has anyone had problems getting the pizza delivery guy to show up?  I've called him a few times, and it says they are coming...but then they don't show.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »
Has anyone had problems getting the pizza delivery guy to show up?  I've called him a few times, and it says they are coming...but then they don't show.

I've called him twice. The first time went exactly as it should. The second time, my sim was painting and had "receive pizza" in her queue while I had another sim selected.  Well when I finally noticed, I canceled her painting to go get the pizza (since the pizza guy normally leaves it by the door), but the pizza wasn't there. I guess he just left with it!

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 04:00:15 AM »
Summers, you need to have all EP to be able to load a new game in UC. If you don't have them all, load the saved file which is saved before any family is chosen, so you'll start the same way you would with new game. That way objects from EP you don't have will be replaced or deleted by the game.
Thanks. Now I got it why you asked me to get the saved files for me in the UC main page. I was confused that I could play with the saved files only for the people has no all expansion pack and that's why I couldn't open the world at all. LOL
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »
I've called him twice. The first time went exactly as it should. The second time, my sim was painting and had "receive pizza" in her queue while I had another sim selected.  Well when I finally noticed, I canceled her painting to go get the pizza (since the pizza guy normally leaves it by the door), but the pizza wasn't there. I guess he just left with it!
He doesn't even show up at my house, and I've waited 12 sim hours.  Maybe it's a just a glitch for that file.  I will open a new save and try again.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 08:09:07 AM »
Hi skybaker, I'm not shore why this is happening to you as many of us use Edit Town without problems. It seems like your processor is having hard time with it, so check for background processes, and possibly even turn of the internet connection, to prevent autoupdates running without you knowing about them. Also, lowering the settings may help with this.
Did you try more different families/lots on different locations? Which location(s) are creating a problem?

Thank you Anushka, after reinstalling the game twice (once crashing during installation), removing one floor and some items in the household and adjusting all graphic setting to the lowest. I was success to move my sims & house to Union Cove finally.

Now I can explore and start adventure in Union Cove!!  ;D

Thanks again.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:45 AM »
One possible thing in my opinion is the patch version. If the UC would be created in 1.29 patch and if yours was 1.26, then it wouldn't work.  But I'm not sure because I can't see your patch version. it's just the one possible thing and it can be wrong.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
It's 1.29.

Dolphinsong

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
I've tried with all settings as low as it could possibally go. Had all bad save foulders removed, even tried doing save as. Still gives me error 12.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
I've tried with all settings as low as it could possibally go. Had all bad save foulders removed, even tried doing save as. Still gives me error 12.

Try turning off the internet, that's what made my game work, especially after pach 1.29. Good luck!

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 03:36:06 AM »
I use iobit game booster, you can google and download for free. It closes background processes which speeds up loading time and reduces lag. It got rid of error 12 and 16 too.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 05:24:33 AM »
I use iobit game booster, you can google and download for free. It closes background processes which speeds up loading time and reduces lag. It got rid of error 12 and 16 too.

Sound nice! I'm going to try that.

anything