Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316353 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2012, 04:13:57 PM »
Well I tried to install Union Cove, but it's not showing in the world drop down in game.  That's never happened before, so I'm wondering if you guys are aware.  NOT the save file, the actual world.  It installs in the launcher, it shows that it's installed in the launcher, but isn't in the installed world folder in documents.  Also the media fire link for the download is showing it's been removed.  So is putlocker, uploader, and gamer.  So has it been removed, and I'm just downloading a simspack with nothing in it?   :o

Maybe a silly question, but you never know...
Do you have many worlds installed? Could it be that Union Cove is at the bottom of the list, since it starts with the letter U and doesn't show because you have too many worlds in the list?
I have noticed, when I had many worlds installed, the bottom few worlds would not show and there is no bar on the right to slide down. Don't know if this helps, but I thought I'd point it out.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »
Maybe a silly question, but you never know...
Do you have many worlds installed? Could it be that Union Cove is at the bottom of the list, since it starts with the letter U and doesn't show because you have to many worlds in the list?
I have noticed, when I had many worlds installed, the bottom few worlds would not show and there is no bar on the right to slide down. Don't know if this helps, but I thought I'd point it out.

Acctually, this is a very good point and a possibility to consider, thank you for sharing that info!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »
You did, they sneak in UC again  ::) Family is fine to play with if you switch active households in edit town, and they cause no issue in the game (in one of my games almost everyone in that household died but game is running smoothly without an issues), just that wierd block when you try starting the new game with them..

Ok, I actually already tried what you suggest before your message. I started with Barbi and Ken and switched households to the Ingles family, but they don't come up correctly. Something weird is still going on there. I keep the pictures of the previous family (Barbi and Ken in this case), but the game responds as if I am controlling Laura Ingles. I cannot control another in the household though... :(

Edit: Ok, I have done the same thing again. I switched households to the Buznik family and switched back again to the Ingles and now it does work! pfffiew, I am glad that I don't have to delete them now. Seemed such a waist ;-)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:52 PM »
Okay, I just downloaded V2, (been playing V1 the whole time *do'h*), and I still have problems.

My specs are fine, and are up to par with TS3, so no issues like artifacts or distorted pets. I did an uninstall/reinstall and with my default settings (med-high mostly, and advanced rendering on), it will lag and crash to the desktop.

Yes I'm typically logged in, and I use only Twallan's mods so far. I have MC, SP, ErrorTrap and Overwatch. Is SP the problem or being logged in? I deleted all my Cache files, and turned settings down to their lowest. Still having problems.

Oh, and did my kitty Polanco get added into the Sheen Household second time around? ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2012, 02:28:25 AM »
Is your Card a Nvidia?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:03 AM »
Yes, I have Nvidia. Before, I had only the Chipset, which meant distorted pets and crashing to emergency shutdown. Now, I only encounter the same issue as you once in a while (where the pets will stretch out, like the toddler, then resort back to normal).

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2012, 12:48:18 PM »
Yes, I have Nvidia. Before, I had only the Chipset, which meant distorted pets and crashing to emergency shutdown. Now, I only encounter the same issue as you once in a while (where the pets will stretch out, like the toddler, then resort back to normal).

Try doing this, I did it and it stopped my random crashing in UC.

Just a tip for if anyone wants to try any solution they can - I solved my random crashing by turning off Verticle Sync in my NVIDIA Control Panel under 3D Settings and now it hardly crashes, seems it only does due to the internet and the game being minimized.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »
Hi all,  My last reply was #68.  I've had some time to "adjust my computer again".  I had it upgraded to 8 mb, only to discover that a 32 bit processor won't handle more than 2 gb.  I was a bit perturbed that I wasn't informed of this at the time, since the store did the work and knew what I had.  Anyway, long story short...I got a new OS at 64 bit and now I can play Union Cove with ease.  It plays beautifully.
I LOVE IT...
The thought that has gone into this world is astounding and I might add with the viewer (that would be me) in mind.  When I design a home, it's all about my ease of use.  I compliment the team.  Hats off.  The town is gorgeous.  One of my favourite spots is the ruins garden.  I have a sim living right behind it (not knowing about the garden when I moved him in) and I spend a lot of time there.  I have a couple of loners and it's perfect for them.  There's so much to do in this world and I've only just begun. 

I've been playing for about three days now, and I have a couple of houses and 4 characters.  I have found houses which suit my needs perfectly.  I've only added my own colour scheme.  Very little adjustments to the houses themselves.  A real treat.  I'm not that fond of building although I do an awful lot of it and I think I've made some really nice homes.  If you're going to do it, do it right.  I'm always pleased with the end result.

Thanks again team.  I'm so glad I can play this world.  I should have such a life.
Bear
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2012, 10:31:40 PM »
I loaded V2 of UC yesterday and the lag was horrible. :( I barely got to play, it took about 30 minutes to load, bypass the tutorial (it popped up) and create a sim (I'm not fussy with my Sims at all, I use default face parts).
I am using MasterController, Overwatch, WrittenWord, Saver, Traveler and MasterController Cheats. I am going to clear caches and all that to speed up my game in general, but is there anything else I can do to speed up UC? (And my graphics settings are medium, I will turn them down)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2012, 10:36:24 PM »
Seabody, thank you for the tip. I hate to say this, but I tried playing with the Mardsen household, and it completely froze and I had to do an emergency shut down. :( Bummer! So I'm hoping that turning down all my graphics, (med-high mostly), and clearing the cache files, and hopefully I can experiment with Kitty genetics, like we do with human genetics.

billythegreat

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2012, 05:39:04 AM »
Erm , the postman never returns cut gems and now I am afraid to send metals to be turned into ingots. Anyone have a problem with the postman ?

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2012, 12:14:58 AM »
I downloaded UC because the forum pics of it look amazing.  I got it to download ok, and since I don't have Townlife or Pets I had to open it with the UC save, which worked fine.  My problem came when I tried to place the Showtime lots.  It froze and crashed, first time that's ever happened when I tried placing EA content.  Game also crashed to desktop when I tried to save one of the houses to the library.  And I got a error 12 message when I tried saving from Edit Town screen.

Ok, maybe Showtime just wasn't meant to be, and I'm sure UC has enough going on without it.  I restart the computer, and drop one of my favorite CAS guys into a very cute starter home, which came complete with two fountains in front.  Go get 'em, Jeremy!  As soon as he landed Jeremy wanted to join the Law Enforcement career, so I sent him off to the police station.  Unfortunately, while he was waiting for a cab, the game crashed again to desktop.

My computer is a couple of years old Dell.  Mr. Tealeaf tells me that I have 4GBs ram.  It's not what I would call a top end model, but it's pretty ok.  I run Skyrim on it fine.   It doesn't choke on Sunset Valley. 

I dunno if there is anything that can be done for this, but I thought I'd mention it since the town really does look snazzy.  Maybe the larger, more intricate the town the more likely less of the state of the art boxes are to crash?  I had cleared the DCbackup before I played. 

As beautiful as UC looks, I don't think that Mr. Tealeaf is going to be real tolerant of the idea of me getting a new computer that might be better able to handle it. 
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2012, 08:13:32 AM »
@ Tealeaf

Error 12 usually means that you don't have enough RAM. 4 GB should be enough, but is it possible for the system to use it? If you have a 32 bit system, your game can only use up to 2 GB or maybe 3 GB I believe, not 4 anyway. To use 4 you must have a 64 bit system. I recently changed my system because of this same problem. Maybe this is a solution for you too. Good luck! :)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2012, 09:42:12 AM »
I wasn't able to play UC at all until I upgraded.  Since the upgrade to 64 bit 8 gb ram, I've not had one error 12 message.  I've had the upgrade for 2 weeks now.  That error was quite frequent before.  I've had one crash and the game froze but no error 12 message.  This is really a graphic intense game.  I'm hoping to see a much more fluid game response.  So far, so good.
bear
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Rattlebox

« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
I get an odd graphical issue with Union Cove. I select it from the main menu and choose to start a new game, but when I get to the town overview map, everything is red and green. Stranger, when I select a household and play, the inside of the household itself is graphically correct (colors are normal). Characters outside the house are completely colored black, turning normal colors when they step inside the house.

anything