Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 315600 times)

Offline Whitewings

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
I reinstalled Union Cove, along with everything else. The saves are still inaccessable.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2012, 03:00:46 PM »
@ Rattlebox
Really do think it's the video card that's having a hard time. Especially when I look at your first picture. That looks quite similar to the problems I had with my old laptop. Does it change when you zoom in or out?
It can very well be that some games play fine while others don't, just like some worlds work fine and others don't. Some are just not so heavy as others.
Can't think of anything else, but maybe someone else can...

@ Whitewings
Do you use mods?
EDIT: another thought... did you install the same version of UC that you had before? UC has been updated not too long ago. Maybe the saves of the old version don't work with the new version.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whitewings

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »
No mods.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
And my other thought? ;)

Offline Whitewings

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
I think that's the most likely problem source; I downloaded and installed the newer Union cove after the reinstall. I still have no idea how no get my old UC saves to pen with the new UC world, if I even can.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »
Hi Whitewings,

Odie is correct in saying that you should have the same version of Union Cove you have created your save files in. For instance, you can't open a save file created with UC v.1 if you have UC v.2 installed instead; the game just won't recognize the second version as highly similar and open the save file. This is because the game recognizes those worlds as completely separate files, no matter the similarities they have. So you have to get the previous version in order for the game to be able to open your save files. I don't know how, though, as I can't see a download link for the previous version.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2012, 06:28:22 PM »
Odie is correct

@ Whitewings
Maybe you still have the older version of UC downloaded on your computer? Else you might be able to get it from our webmaster or a moderator?
Then you can install that one. I do think you have to uninstall the new one first. Or maybe you can install both at the same time, but that could be confusing 'cause I think they'll have the same name.

I don't know what you want to keep exactly. If it is just some families and houses or other lots, there might be a solution to keep these. If you can get the older version installed, you can save your families, houses and other lots to the library. The library is not linked to just one world, so if you open another world (or the newer version of UC for that matter) you can put those families, houses and other lots in the new world if you like. Well, you probably even could copy all lots from the old version to the library, delete all lots in the new version and place all lots of the old version from the library in the new version.
This might take some time, but if you really want this I think it can be done.
Of course it may be best to try it out with one lot first :P

(btw if you also want to keep relations between families, I believe there is a mod from nraas (twallan) you could use)

Good luck! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whitewings

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
I really just want to recover one particular family. Can anyone send me a link to somewhere I can find the original Union Cove?

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »
I still have it in my Downloads folder :P , but I have absolutely no idea how to give that to you ???
It is probably best anyway if you ask Carl or a moderator. You could PM them.
Let me know how that went, else I'm sure I can find a way to give mine to you :)

nickij84

« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2012, 10:00:26 AM »
I do not have all the expansions packs ( I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Outdoors Living Stuff),  to download the Union Cove. So i downloaded the Union Cove that was recommended for people that don't have all of the Expansion Packs. So i downloaded the recommended files, i used winrar, which was also recommened to me by me emailing Carl. After i used the winrar to extract the files to the folder that also was recommended from the carls-sims-3-guide.com, it did not show up in my game when you try to choose a new town. Is there a step i missed? Did i download the wrong version of Union Cove? I have emailed Carl again for help but have had no response, can someone please help. Thank you so much.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
I do not have all the expansions packs ( I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Outdoors Living Stuff),  to download the Union Cove. So i downloaded the Union Cove that was recommended for people that don't have all of the Expansion Packs. So i downloaded the recommended files, i used winrar, which was also recommened to me by me emailing Carl. After i used the winrar to extract the files to the folder that also was recommended from the carls-sims-3-guide.com, it did not show up in my game when you try to choose a new town. Is there a step i missed? Did i download the wrong version of Union Cove? I have emailed Carl again for help but have had no response, can someone please help. Thank you so much.

The version of Union Cove that is for people without all Expansion Packs is a Save File and will show up with any other saved worlds you have and not in the same drop-down box to start a new game.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Claire.D.Cat

« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2012, 09:36:04 PM »
Okay, so I'm having the same issues that someone back on page 1 had. Union Cove gets about half way through loading, they Sims 3 stops working. Though a solution was provided back on page 1, I didn't understand it at all. I'm not that tech savy, so if anyone has a dumbed down version of how to fix this and be able to play, I would really appreciate the help!

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
Hi Claire,

Don't know for sure to which post on page 1 you're referring exactly, but is it possible that you don't have all expansion packs installed? If so, you should download just the save file. That was the problem of someone on page 1, who got a message the game stopped working. Maybe that is what you mean?
You find the details how to do that here

rosegirl06

« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2012, 09:31:33 AM »
Wow, after a lot of trying, installing a new graphics card, and a LOT more trying, I FINALLY got UC installed! Thanks to Anushka for all of wonderful answers, and thanks to everybody else for asking the questions! I haven't really explored it yet, just glad I finally have it (it took me about an hour to get it to work)! It looks beautiful though, what I have seen of it.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »
Wow, after a lot of trying, installing a new graphics card, and a LOT more trying, I FINALLY got UC installed! Thanks to Anushka for all of wonderful answers, and thanks to everybody else for asking the questions! I haven't really explored it yet, just glad I finally have it (it took me about an hour to get it to work)! It looks beautiful though, what I have seen of it.
But this is your first post ???
Just noticed this... Made a new user or something?
Anyway, glad it works for you too! :)