Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 312294 times)

boltentoke

Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2012, 07:19:46 PM »
I had actually read that article before posting here :p. Modified page file size for both drives to use all 4GBs of ram.

I was also able to save fine after that. Then a day later I can no longer save. Maybe (I didn't read the article before just the solution) because I built 3 new venues (because Union Cove isn't showtime, it doesn't have any of the showtime venues) to be able to progress further in my career as a Magician, maybe it made the world "too big" and can no longer save?
What's annoying is that I have 8GB of DDR ram sitting right here, but it doesn't fit in my DDR2 mobo >_<

atomic_confetti

« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
Hi I'm sorry if this questions has been answered 800 million times already, but....

I downloaded Union Cove last night and I think it's beautiful! better than any sims 3 world I've seen. BUT! My game is sooo laggy! Is there anything I can so to make it so it doesn't lag for 5 real minutes for every 30 sim minutes that pass?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2012, 03:11:13 PM »
Hi I'm sorry if this questions has been answered 800 million times already, but....

I downloaded Union Cove last night and I think it's beautiful! better than any sims 3 world I've seen. BUT! My game is sooo laggy! Is there anything I can so to make it so it doesn't lag for 5 real minutes for every 30 sim minutes that pass?

Have you tried playing the game on lower settings?
It might also help to delete some beautiful but really huge houses, like Carl's castle, or so I have read somewhere else on this forum.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

skm36

« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if it is normal for Union Cove to take so long to load. It also does this when coming out of edit town or saving.
This is a new game and I didn't make any changes. Only placed my sims and a house I built. I have a 64 bit, 6 rams, quad core computer. I should mention I didn't have time to play it yet, just placed my sims did a quick look.

AdnaanA

« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
I am about to uninstall UC! My game in UC just lags so much, and all of my graphics are so down, I just upgraded my ram to 3gb! I can't even play for 5 sim hours, It takes me 10 real life minutes! Help!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if it is normal for Union Cove to take so long to load. It also does this when coming out of edit town or saving.

I hate to say it, but that's normal. UC's a monster to load, and sometimes to play, but if you can load it, it's a brilliant world.

I am about to uninstall UC! My game in UC just lags so much, and all of my graphics are so down, I just upgraded my ram to 3gb! I can't even play for 5 sim hours, It takes me 10 real life minutes! Help!

You can't do much, I'm afraid. Try a factory reset, and only allow UC in it. That might help. It's what I did.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »
I was wondering, is the problem people are having with the Ingles family because they came with a horse? I read that when populating CAW that horses seem to cause problems.

Also, are the spiral staircases going to be fixed/able to be fixed? It's no major issue to remove and replace them, but it would be nice to not have to.

Edit: Two more small things to report - the garbage can for the Brownstone Townhouse is inside the building, so sims can rummage for trash or look for clues
And for some reason, I'm not sure if it's just the one house, or others too, but my sims cannot visit Final Retreat house (Muro). There is no option to visit, even when sims are home and it is a reasonable hour. Moving the house to another empty lot fixes the problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheNewSim

• Nooboo
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »
I just downloaded UC yesterday, and i also downloaded the saved file because i dont have all the EPs and i have moved the saved file to Saves. I´ve read most of the replyes in this forum, but i cant find any Union Cove Starter in Saves, instead there is a file named ucepsave.rar, and i still cant load UC in create a new game.

Please help, i have used the most of my afternoon on this problem!

Offline TheNewSim

• Nooboo
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2012, 08:54:26 AM »

I just downloaded iobit game booster, and it really helps! Try doing that :)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »
Sorry I didn't read all 7 pages to see if anyone has had this same problem. I just did a uninstall and reinstall and downloaded Union Cove for the first time and everytime I try and start a game there it freezes when I am picking out clothes for my person so I never get to play? I didn't try to play as any of the townies but was wondering if there is a trick to fix this?

Edited: I play with all the current expansions and stuff packs asside from Sweet Treats and I have no mods or content other than from the Sims 3 Store! And I am all patched up!

Offline bigguy132l

• Nooboo
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2012, 09:05:21 AM »
Hello, I can't load Union Cove because it just says, "A serious error has occured" while loading the file for people who don't have all the expansion packs!

AdnaanA

« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2012, 02:45:20 PM »
Have you used the savefile?
Adnaan

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2012, 04:58:38 PM »
May I suggest to all of you having troubles installing this world to read page 25 of the topic "Union Cove - The Forum's World", which you can find in this link.
On that page I helped littlesweet5 with many questions and everything is explained in detail.

Offline bigguy132l

• Nooboo
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
But I did everything and it STILL didn't work! I used the save file and extracted it after installing the world, and it didn't load at all!

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
Did you place the unpacked save file in the correct folder? Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
And when you start The Sims 3, did you see that save between other saves to choose?

By the way, you should also check if you have installed the world correctly. When you start The Sims 3 and choose a new world, do you see the world between other worlds? This is just to check if you have the world. If you don't have all expansion packs installed (or actually until Pets, 'cause UC Version 2 was made after Pets) you have to start a game from the save file and not from a new world.